5.0 out of 5 stars A PUNCH IN THE GUT, February 20, 2010
This review is from: Electro-Harmonix The Mole Nano Bass Boost Guitar Effects Pedal (Electronics)
Ok....reveiwing an effect pedal with words it's....well just very HARD...so I'll make it as simple as possible.

I tried THE MOLE...alone..no other pedal to affect the tone or anything. It was a great surprise indeed. It's a simple pedal that does EXACTLY what is said to do A BASS BOOSTER. It gives so much deep end to the notes, your EQ basically it's gone once you punch this little beast. The sound becomes rounder, smooth and yet powerfull.

A great pedal indeed.....

NOW....I TOLD YOU...TRYING TO REVEIW AN EFFECT PEDAL WITH WORDS..IT'S HELL....I'll post a demo ASAP on Youtube.....

But I can tell you that it's a bargain for those who are looking for a smooth bassy tone...

The MOLE delivers.

Cheers!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING! (Where its placed in FX Chain MATTERS), April 23, 2011
Hey everyone, I don't usually type up reviews but as someone who buys online alot due to a lack of local music stores with good inventory.. well I've come to depend on finding reviews.. So I thought I would return the favor.
This pedal does exactly what it says it will do. Adds a great chunky..full bass presence to your sound.

HOWEVER.. Its place in your chain is very critical. I read some reviews and they said it sucks your tone.. sounds like a wet blanket and a few others with not so nice words... I took a risk and got it anyway, I needed something that did what The Mole does and this was my only choice. I first ran it like so Bass > Mole > Amp. It sounded terrible. Got softer.. no boost.. nothing. There was the feeling of more bass but without the sound or presence.. If you understand what I mean, like someone cranked the bass, but turned the volume almost off and sucked all the highs and mids out.. Bass boost? Perhaps.. Good tone? NO (and as always a "good" or "bad" tone is subjective and a personal opinion, but it was pretty lame :P)

So I tried it in line after my EHX Steel Leather pedal... instantly got the boost I needed and completely changed the sound of the Steel Leather. It sounds fine after any of my other pedals as well. But for some reason it does not sound good by its self. I have yet to find a bad combo or place for it on my pedal board.. as long as its after an effect or another boost it works great, and you can tell its doing what its supposed to.

* SIde note, the guy above me said he ran it straight into his amp and it sounded great.. so your milage may very depending on; amp...guitar..bass..active or passive pickups, my point is if it does sound terrible by its self try it in line with your effects, Im 97.5% positive you wont be disappointed with this pedal

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is really great., October 27, 2011
If you run your bass directly into a DAW or modeler or board
you might want to try out this pedal. It sort of instantly
produces an EQ profile and presence that you otherwise
would fuss around for hours to get. The single dial is brilliant;
You turn it to somewheres in the middle of "Not Enough" to
"Way Too Much" and voila, you're there. The Land of Mwah.

In a way, I think it is cool that this pedal isn't all over the place.
Its effect is sort of like the "secret ingredient" germanium treble boosters
that a handful of 60's-early 70's guitar players used to their great advantage.
Ie, you know something is there separating them from the sheep, but, what is it?

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, December 17, 2012
Not exactly what I was looking for but that's not the product's fault. It does what it says. It bring up the low end and waters down most of the high end. It could work if while doing some improv, you turn on some spacey effects and then put the mole on and really give it some umph! I was hoping it would just give my bass more of that "thunk" sounds that Mike Gordon is known for but that's just his Modulus bass.

5.0 out of 5 stars BOOM!, December 2, 2013
Electro Harmonix has the best circutries, the bass frequency is fantastic, you cannot get this from your amps EQ,its really tight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it's intended to do!, October 17, 2013
I purchased this pedal to turn my Strat into a bass when multi tracking on the cheap, and it works great. It also adds a deep bluesy fuzz to your effects if looking for a little extra texture from your tube amp, but you'll need to set it on its lowest setting for this, otherwise the bass is overpowering. Not a pedal I'd use often, but sure glad to have it handy when needed. Heavy duty construction and well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Pedal that's earned its name, May 30, 2011
I just recently purchased this pedal and added it in to my repetoire of effects and I have never been happier with it's outcome. Just punch on it and it sex-ifies your low end. Nice low and it smoothes the sound out. Worth every penny!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The mole is good, but..., October 1, 2012
The mole is great. It gave my 20 db Peavy bass amp some more bottom, but was not as loud as I thought it would be. For $0 more, I ended up buying the Bass Big Muff, which as way louder and has distortion and sustain. Both items are good, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PEDAL GOOD PRICE, November 18, 2014
This pedal does exactly what it says. It adds bass. I keep the knob at about 12 o'clock because anything after, it starts to add an overdrive sound which I don't really like. Good pedal, good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, September 25, 2010
A great deal. Rugged case. Amazing boost to tone. Will fatten up any bass.

Electro-Harmonix The Mole Nano Bass Boost Guitar Effects Pedal