Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on November 15, 2010
Well worth the cost. Simple but effective, has AM/FM tuner and a DVD player all in one unit. The wires for the different type of speakers are all color coordinated so installation was easy and it sounds great! More enjoyable watching movies with the surround sound, it really does make a BIG difference... Have my television hooked up to it so can listen to television (i.e. football games) in surround sound too!
on February 17, 2011
This is not the greatest home theater system. Set up was fairly easy. Sound is just ok, but not what I expected from a home theater system - expected much more. If you leave a movie on pause for too long, it goes into a "sleep mode" and you have to start the disc all over and go through to select the scene. I can't turn the machine off/on with the remote - not sure if that is a problem with the remote or just the way it is. The radio is not picking up hardly any stations - which could be because of its location? Overall, I'm disappointed with it, but I paid the price I wanted to spend. I guess if you want something that sounds good, you have to buy the higher priced machines. Maybe some better speakers would help. I wouldn't recommend this product, unless you're limited to a budget - something's better than nothing.
on December 16, 2010
I was skeptical when I ordered this setup because the price seemed too good to be true! I am happy to report this setup lives up to the description. The sound is great, and it was amazingly easy to set up and connect with my Blu-ray player. The wires are color coded to the connectors on the back of the player, so even someone who is technically impaired can easily put this system together. One small negative...though I was able to connect the system to my Blu-ray player and have great sound when playing movies through Netflix or DVD's, I am still trying to figure out how to connect the system to my television to have great sound when watching T.V...seriously, this is most likely not a big deal and I am probably missing something quite simple. I will contact the customer service representatives to figure out this minor issue.

Another issue is the sound. If you do not turn your sound down to -0- on the television set the system causes an echo. This is easy to fix..simply turn the sound on your television set to -0- and the sound quality will clear up and sound great.
on December 11, 2011
I purchased this product in February of 2011. It had poor sound quality, the FM radio was very unclear and unable to get all stations. It was pretty simple to connect but within 10 months, it is no longer working. I would never buy anything else from Electohome. This was the worst product I have ever purchased from Amazon by far. If you do not want to waste your money, I would advise you NOT to buy this product!
on July 14, 2011
I was so disapointed with this product I almost never bought another product from amozon. It was the cheapest piece of crap. The pawn shop only gave me 10.00 for it after I tried and tried to adjust to just how poor this product was. The dvd player was crap and the speakers would not put out enough sound for 300 sq. foot area. Don't buy!!!
on January 15, 2011
This item arrived quickly and looks just like described. Purchased this for my son's Christmas. He was very happy with it and it looks great. Has a great sound. Can't beat the price for this system, looked around and this was such a good price, I thought I'd give it a try. Glad I did !
on December 15, 2010
I am not a techy by any stretch of the imagination, but I did buy this system for my husband. He is extremely happy with it and I am glad I bought it for him.

Emily
on December 29, 2010
I bought this 3 months ago and the dvd player broke already. The thing just won't open. Really annoying. Also the sound quality if decent at best; you can really tell the difference between a good sound system and this one. that being said it is an upgrade from just tv speakers but that is mostly just because it has a subwoofer. Also really annoying that you can't adjust the bass or treb, at least not that I could find. I found some different speakers and will be selling these on craigslist as soon as possible.
on June 9, 2012
Warning this item is a piece of junk. Mine is already on it's way back to Amazon. I am surprised Amazon sells this worthless crap. I used brand new batteries in the remote and it didn't work. I live just outside Milwaukee so I get a ton of radio stations from Milwaukee, Racine and Chicago. However the AM radio did not pick up any radio stations. I could not get the FM to even come on. I know this is a cheaper unit but when I was able to get a movie to play the speakers were weak and for a surround system the volume sucked and not loud at all. My TV speakers were better.

I am a long time Amazon customer and this is the first time I had to sent something back.
on March 10, 2011
This is the worst purchase i have made on Amazon. The setup was a no brainer. The quality of sound was awful!! No power and no quality. It sounds like a 1980's portable cassette player. The manual gave no advice on how to adjust the sound or how to throw the item in the trash. So for the price i kept the DVD player, and trashed the speakers. Don't waste your time or money!!

See 1 answered question