Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 31, 2011
I've had this washing machine for 10 months now. I wanted to wait a while to review it so that if there were any issues, I could include them in the review. In almost a year of owning this appliance, I haven't had one single issue. The machine works exactly the way it's supposed to and my clothes get clean without being torn apart by an agitator like my old top-loading machine did.

I've been so happy with this purchase. It's very easy to care for. Every few months I have to run a system clean cycle on it using bleach or the special Tide formula you can buy just for this purpose. That has kept the inside looking and smelling clean. Other than that, the only upkeep required is that once you're done washing clothes for the day, you need to dry out the inside with a towel and leave the door ajar for a few hours to let the moisture escape to prevent mold issues.

There are so many options for cycles on this machine. I can't think of a single thing it doesn't do. The cycles run pretty quietly as well until you get to the spin cycle at the end, and if you have that baby on high, it's going to sound like an airplane is taking off! No big deal though - I'm used to appliances being noisy when running.

I would definitely recommend this appliance to anyone looking. Make sure you get the matching dryer too. I bought both at the same time from Lowe's when they were running a special. I got them in Island White, but the colorful kind are really pretty too!
55 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 12, 2013
Purchased from Lowe's. Purchased based largely on reviews posted here on Amazon and throughout the web. But this is MY experience.

On the 6th load of laundry, the display showed "E-13 Call Customer Service"

"Great," I think to myself. I open the door to remove the clothes and toss them in the dryer before I go dig out the paperwork for the washing machine. Wait, no. I CAN'T open the door. It's STUCK! My clothes are swimming in there, they're drowning. S***

It's Saturday afternoon. I call their customer service line and they are closed already. (When will East Coast companies learn that half of America lives 2 time zones away from them?) So I call early Monday morning. The girl was very nice and referred me to (3) local repair companies who would handle this since it was still under the year manufacturer warranty. Sadly, no special HURRY-UP-AND-GET-OUT-HERE coverage is afforded to those who have only washed 5 1/2 loads of laundry so far. It takes 2 days for the repairman to come.

He rescued my clothes! And determined that I did not have either an air or a water leak (which is what 13 means.) He also ordered a motherboard in addition to a pressure switch and a door switch. He said he would rush it.

It took over a week for the parts to get in, and a couple more days to get the man out to replace the parts. OVER 2 WEEKS I was without a washing machine! When it was only a few days new!!

And now here I am, with this machine being 65 days old, is broken again. My clothes are trapped again. It's Sunday so I cannot call customer service again. And it's showing the same dang error code.

Maybe I got a lemon, but I have a family of 6 and going without a washing machine for another 2 weeks is not an option. That is why I purchased an extended warranty in the first place. I emailed a customer service rep whose name I found on the internet. I'll post back any pertinent information here.
2323 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2014
After about a year...the dreaded "no water" error message starts appearing. Funny thing is it has water. If you unplug it fro about 10 minutes then start it up again it will run fine for 3-5 loads, then you get the same error again. For $800 f'ing dollars this should last at least as long as my Kenmore that is 25 years old and still going strong. Sorry I bought this junker. I will have to spend at least another $100-$200 to get this fixed. Not happy.
on March 28, 2015
I bought the pair....Dryer works great.......Washer will not spin every time....goes back and forth trying to spin will start spinning and then stop and starts going back and forth trying to balance and will not spin clothes and spends about 30min trying.. Sent out repair man he said nothing wrong wash one rug at a time now we know that's not going to balance.
on January 4, 2015
Electrolux builds junk and doesn't stand behind it. Our Electrolux washer broke twice in 6 months, just after coming off of warranty. We paid almost $400 for the first repair, most of which was parts from Electrolux. 6 months later the exact same thing broke again. I called Electrolux and they basically said "too bad, the part was only warrantied for 90 days." 90 days!?! After I complained they made a big deal of offering me 10% off the part. I complained again and they got rude. That is ridiculous. So, I bought a new washer with a better warranty (Samsung) and I will never, EVER buy from Electrolux again.
on November 28, 2014
Electrolux is the biggest garbage products on the market I wold avoid them and would not buy another one if my family life or my own depended on it! worked 3 weeks died e91 can't be fixed and needs to replace both computer boards every 3 months.
on March 20, 2015
Works great until it breaks.

Defects of the machine:

- A year and a half after purchasing this washer the inner drum started making a loud clunking noise during the spin cycle.
- As mentioned many times from other reviewers, the rubber seal collects water which causes mold.
- Mildew Smell if the door is not left open after washing.
-Both of these issues are easily remedied by leaving the washer door open to vent out the moisture.

All in all, don't buy this machine without an extended warranty of some sort or just don't buy it at all.
on January 24, 2015
I have had this washer for 5 years. It did ok. Sometimes it would not spin the clothes like is should. I am now in the 8th week of having to watch the water levels. I have had the repairman here 4 times. that is 4 days that I have missed work. Really, at 5 years old and a thousand dollars, this washer is horrible.
on February 22, 2012
Got this washer one month ago - Absolutely love it! Best of all - So does the wife! Great wash and spin options. Clothes are clean, machine is quiet and quick. Most loads wash in approx. 30 minutes. Like most washers that spin 1000 miles per hour, the clothes are a little wrinkled but a good shake on the way to the dryer and they come out great. The spin cycle really drys the clothes well. Small side benefit - you can pour the liquid directly into the dispenser without measuring as the dispenser has lines indicating the amount. Keeps the bottle a little cleaner and no dripping cap to clean off. Huge door that makes it easy to get clothes in and out. I recommend the stand although it seems very over priced, but in line with others I have seen.
on May 24, 2014
Purchased from Lowe's 3 1/2 years ago, with the 4 year extended warranted. No problems up until now, while washing a load of threw blankets, heard what sounded like a bin of Lego's being dumped out. After a few seconds realized it was coming from the washing machine. Stopped the washer and noticed the inside glass had shattered, though we had it on cold wash cycle it was very warm when we opened the door, after taking the cloths out of the washer 10 minutes later the water temp was above 100F.

Called Lowe's to be frustrated by a automated call system that failed to recognize the information that they should have been able to access from the receipt number. When finally able to talk with a person, she said shattered door might not be covered, they will send out a repair person in 6 days time to determine if it is covered.

Under no circumstance should a door shatter when using the product as intended.