5.0 out of 5 stars a washer with all the bells & whistles
Published on May 31, 2011 by Sarah Kate

1.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps I got a lemon...
Purchased from Lowe's. Purchased based largely on reviews posted here on Amazon and throughout the web. But this is MY experience.

On the 6th load of laundry, the display showed "E-13 Call Customer Service"

Published 14 months ago by Lynn Benson

5.0 out of 5 stars a washer with all the bells & whistles, May 31, 2011
This review is from: Electrolux EIFLS55IIW 4.2 cu. ft. Front Load Steam Washer - IQ-Touch Control Island White (Kitchen)
I've had this washing machine for 10 months now. I wanted to wait a while to review it so that if there were any issues, I could include them in the review. In almost a year of owning this appliance, I haven't had one single issue. The machine works exactly the way it's supposed to and my clothes get clean without being torn apart by an agitator like my old top-loading machine did.

I've been so happy with this purchase. It's very easy to care for. Every few months I have to run a system clean cycle on it using bleach or the special Tide formula you can buy just for this purpose. That has kept the inside looking and smelling clean. Other than that, the only upkeep required is that once you're done washing clothes for the day, you need to dry out the inside with a towel and leave the door ajar for a few hours to let the moisture escape to prevent mold issues.

There are so many options for cycles on this machine. I can't think of a single thing it doesn't do. The cycles run pretty quietly as well until you get to the spin cycle at the end, and if you have that baby on high, it's going to sound like an airplane is taking off! No big deal though - I'm used to appliances being noisy when running.

I would definitely recommend this appliance to anyone looking. Make sure you get the matching dryer too. I bought both at the same time from Lowe's when they were running a special. I got them in Island White, but the colorful kind are really pretty too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps I got a lemon..., May 12, 2013
Lynn Benson (Hell, I mean Arizona) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

On the 6th load of laundry, the display showed "E-13 Call Customer Service"

"Great," I think to myself. I open the door to remove the clothes and toss them in the dryer before I go dig out the paperwork for the washing machine. Wait, no. I CAN'T open the door. It's STUCK! My clothes are swimming in there, they're drowning. S***

It's Saturday afternoon. I call their customer service line and they are closed already. (When will East Coast companies learn that half of America lives 2 time zones away from them?) So I call early Monday morning. The girl was very nice and referred me to (3) local repair companies who would handle this since it was still under the year manufacturer warranty. Sadly, no special HURRY-UP-AND-GET-OUT-HERE coverage is afforded to those who have only washed 5 1/2 loads of laundry so far. It takes 2 days for the repairman to come.

He rescued my clothes! And determined that I did not have either an air or a water leak (which is what 13 means.) He also ordered a motherboard in addition to a pressure switch and a door switch. He said he would rush it.

It took over a week for the parts to get in, and a couple more days to get the man out to replace the parts. OVER 2 WEEKS I was without a washing machine! When it was only a few days new!!

And now here I am, with this machine being 65 days old, is broken again. My clothes are trapped again. It's Sunday so I cannot call customer service again. And it's showing the same dang error code.

Maybe I got a lemon, but I have a family of 6 and going without a washing machine for another 2 weeks is not an option. That is why I purchased an extended warranty in the first place. I emailed a customer service rep whose name I found on the internet. I'll post back any pertinent information here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product! Cleans Great! Great options!, February 22, 2012
J.B.REVELS (RALEIGH, NC United States) - See all my reviews
Got this washer one month ago - Absolutely love it! Best of all - So does the wife! Great wash and spin options. Clothes are clean, machine is quiet and quick. Most loads wash in approx. 30 minutes. Like most washers that spin 1000 miles per hour, the clothes are a little wrinkled but a good shake on the way to the dryer and they come out great. The spin cycle really drys the clothes well. Small side benefit - you can pour the liquid directly into the dispenser without measuring as the dispenser has lines indicating the amount. Keeps the bottle a little cleaner and no dripping cap to clean off. Huge door that makes it easy to get clothes in and out. I recommend the stand although it seems very over priced, but in line with others I have seen.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, November 25, 2012
I am so disappointed in this washer & dryer set. The rubber gasket in the washer is mildewed and even frequent cleaning with bleach does not ameliorate that problem. The dryer takes forever to dry. We are having the tecnician back again tomorrow to see why the back of the dryer gets so hot but the clothes fail to dry. Look on the internet for frank feedback on these products and buyer beware.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shattered Glass, May 24, 2014
Purchased from Lowe's 3 1/2 years ago, with the 4 year extended warranted. No problems up until now, while washing a load of threw blankets, heard what sounded like a bin of Lego's being dumped out. After a few seconds realized it was coming from the washing machine. Stopped the washer and noticed the inside glass had shattered, though we had it on cold wash cycle it was very warm when we opened the door, after taking the cloths out of the washer 10 minutes later the water temp was above 100F.

Called Lowe's to be frustrated by a automated call system that failed to recognize the information that they should have been able to access from the receipt number. When finally able to talk with a person, she said shattered door might not be covered, they will send out a repair person in 6 days time to determine if it is covered.

Under no circumstance should a door shatter when using the product as intended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Expectations, November 5, 2012
This washer and dryer set is by far the best I have ever seen or owned. I do less laundry now because the wash machine can handle such a huge load! Of course this huge load of laundry easily stuffs into the over capacity dryer and drys fast! Saves energy and detergent because you do less laundry. Although, you still have to fold the same amount of clothes!! ;) I would highly recommend this washer and dryer set to anyone. I also love the Mediterranean Blue color and the LED lights inside the washer and dryer light up everything so you can see great. Everyone compliments it when they see it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The washer is quiet and holds queen size comforter., June 25, 2013
Charlene Hoffman (Kirkville, NY, US) - See all my reviews
Lots of features and great capacity. Would highly recommend to buy. The steam option is nice and it has its own clean cycle that reminds you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk for the money, total junk, July 7, 2014
After about a year...the dreaded "no water" error message starts appearing. Funny thing is it has water. If you unplug it fro about 10 minutes then start it up again it will run fine for 3-5 loads, then you get the same error again. For $800 f'ing dollars this should last at least as long as my Kenmore that is 25 years old and still going strong. Sorry I bought this junker. I will have to spend at least another $100-$200 to get this fixed. Not happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed by lack of quality, lack if service., May 18, 2014
Broke after 3 months. Howard's (retailer) has been quite unhelpful. Going on 2 weeks without a washer that is clearly under warranty.

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 1/2 years old and its toast, June 9, 2013
Just because its expensive does not mean its quality. People write reviews when the items are new , but rarely after a few years . We thought we were buying the best, boy were we duped. This machine gets lite use and still it developed a hole in the "plastic drum" after 2 1/2 years. Ok so I fixed that. About 6 loads later its again pouring water out on the floor. ( not from place I fixed). Really ! From door thats hard to open, door seal that has to be dried after every use, we are done with this
and going back to a old style top loader . Oh - these are made by Frigidadare.

Rate and Discover Movies