5.0 out of 5 stars An elegant solution
Published on October 20, 2010 by the Morrigan

1.0 out of 5 stars lasted about 6 months!
Published on May 18, 2011 by M.G.

5.0 out of 5 stars An elegant solution, October 20, 2010
Ok, so I needed a stick vac and I did the research. After several false starts, (Dirt devil, and hoover) I decided to try the electrolux ergorapido ultra.Electrolux Electrolux Ergorapido Ultra 2 In1 Stick And Hand Vac - EL1022A this stick vac has more power than the regular ergorapido and the battery charge lasts longer. I wanted a light weight vacuum that I could use in between regular vacuuming so that every time the dog and/or the parental units dragged in dirt, debris and now dried leaves from the garden, I wouldn't have to drag out the canister vacuum. Although the Ultra doesn't come in the fun colors that the other ergorapidos do, it is, as I said, more powerful and the charge lasts longer. It is slim, lightweight and QUIET. The other stick vacs that I tried were so loud on the tile floors that you needed ear protection. This little gem does exactly what I wanted it to do, pick up the dirt that is constantly being tracked into the kitchen and hall. The vac funtions very well on all the floors and rugs in the kitchen and hallway. The charge lasts for about 20 minutes at full power, which is more than enough time for the areas I use it in. It acutally covers the kitchen, breakfast area, utility room, hallway and powder room. It takes @ 14 hours to fully recharge, which is rather long, but OK since I mostly use it in the evening after dinner. It is very manuverable, the power head swivels almost like a dyson ball vac. What is really neat about this guy, is that it is a hand vac as well. I can't tell you how many times I've pulled the hand vac part out to vacuum up crumbs, plant debris, dirt, etc on tables and on plant stands. Then you just pop it back into the vacuum body and keep going. The vacuum comes with a little brush and a crevice tool for use with the hand vac. They are stored in the charging stand, which is not so convenient, but at least you know where they are when you need them. The charging stand is small and very easy to use, you just stand the vacuum on it. Emptying the cup is easy. You either pop open a trap door on the end of the hand unit, or pop the whole hand unit cup out and remove the filter by squeezing two tabs. Very easy to do and not a great deal of pressure needed. For a vaccum, this one is slim and elegant enough that if you had to store it somewhere where it would be seen it wouldn't be obtrusive. Would I replace my regular vacuum with this? NO! This is after all a glorified dust buster. It is not meant to take the place of a regular vacuum, but for quick pick ups in between regular vaccumings, I would rate this A+++. All in all, this is a great little stick vac that is efficient and easy for even the non-technophiles to put together and use. I would recommend it to my friends and family, and in fact have.

1.0 out of 5 stars lasted about 6 months!, May 18, 2011
Loved this vacuum when I bought it. Sleek design, looks good, feels good (the handle isn't flimsy and the grip is comfortable) and it worked fine on my hard wood floors and few area rugs. The handheld was a great bonus especially to get on hardwood stairs. (The one draw back was that the battery dies after about 15-20 minutes) Once it reached it's ripe old age of six months the power was almost gone so that even when it was fully charged it was running like it was on empty. Using it with the upright stick (as opposed to just the handheld) picked up virtually nothing! Wish they would fix the battery-life issue as I've seen this complaint on several of their models. Makes it a waste of money. Now shopping for a new one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, March 25, 2012
Neofactor (Charlotte, NC, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Electrolux Ergorapido Ultra 2-in-1 Stick/Handheld Vacuum 12V Cordless, EL1022A (Kitchen)
So we got this unit and compared it to the Hoover LINX Cordless Stick Vacuum.

What we like about it:

1) The LED light is nice to have
2) The swivel head is nice... it turns easily on hardwood.
3) The head is small enough to get under the cabinet foot kick area.
4) It is light and easy to carry
5) We liked the built in battery.. not needing to go get one and plug it in, like the hoover.
6) You can remove the brush with just a click.. to clean out the hairs.

Things we did NOT like about it:
1) On Carpet... forget it. It does NOT move. The Hoover glides easily (with or without the brush turned on).
2) The canister to empty the trash is cumbersome. Take off the lid with two pin push. snap the dust with the built in tool. Compared to the hoover were you just click a button and drop everything out into the trash.
3) It was difficult to dock.
4) If you want to just use the hand unit... and get to the attachments... you need to take the full unit out... put it somewhere (it can't stand on its own... get all the attachments.) the hand unit just seems like it does not have the opening needed to pick up anything. Seems like you might as well just use the big unit instead.
5) The power of this thing compared to the Hoover... well it is weak. The whole unit is running off the power of the little handheld.

Bottom line:
We took back this unit and kept the hoover. Here is what we liked about the Hoover
1) We miss not having the LED lights.
2) We love that it stand up on its own.
3) The battery charges FAST! Less than 3 hours.
4) It has some serious pickup.
5) you can turn the brush off and on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes cleaning Fun!!!!, December 31, 2010
Honestly, I try to avoid cleaning at all cost. With this stick vac I almost get excited when I see a dust bunny running around. Went for this on as compared to the 9.6V models that can be easily found in Bestbuy or Target due to complaints about battery life. With the 12V model I can sweep the entire house on a single battery charge. Does an excellent job on our hardwood floors. The brush isnt really strong enough to pick up stuff from the carpet. I still gave it 5 stars because it works perfect for what I bought it for ... hardwood floors. Didnt really expect it to work on carpet; would be unrealistic to expect a stick vac to replace a plug-in standard upright. Would buy this again in a heartbeat and will even give you a demonstration if you come over ;-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery doesn't last long, February 19, 2012
Nitin Gupta (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Loved this vacuum when I bought it. Battery only lasts 5 mins after 6 months of use...trying to find the warranty policy on this thing...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best handheld vac, January 23, 2011
I bought the 9.6V unit 3 years ago. Then there was a recall on the battery. I sent the battery back and after more than a month of waiting to get the replacement I called Electrolux. They said they would send me a new unit. I got the replacement unit and to my surprise it was a newer vac. I charged it up and started to use it and to my surprise I found that this unit really did a great job on the wooden kitchen floor and on the low pile throw rugs. I wondered what the difference was and the unit they sent was with a 12V battery which makes all the difference in the world. I am really happy with this unit and would not recommend the 9.6V unit as I think it's a toy next to the 12V unit. The extra money is worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Your battery will die in less than a year... and you will trash this little machine., December 13, 2013
DC (Union City, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Those four or five star reviews are there because people are so excited when they try it out the first week. Honestly the look is sleek. What they will learn later is that within a year the battery will not hold charge. The design of it doesn't allow a simple battery replacement. It has 10 AA tabbed batteries, 4 on the handle, 6 around the motor, all soldered together in series. There has been attempt to replace the batteries (google "Electrolux ErgoRapido Battery Replacement") but the root problem is the charging circuit.
So, in a word, in about a year or two at most, you will have to trash this little good-looking machine.
Maybe we should file a class action against Electrolux to force them to replace them with something that will last.
Above is true for this EL1022A, EL1014, EL1016 and maybe more.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 thumbs up!!!, September 4, 2012
Have had this sleek, very portable vacuum for just over a month and very happy with it. Our house is 100% tile with area rugs and it cleans them all very well!! It is very maneuverable, picks up everything in its way, well not everything, its not sucking up pieces of furniture, but if it fits underneath the vacuum, it gets sucked up!! I am surprised on how well it even sucks things up in corners! Very impressed!! My 2 sisters and parents all have 1 and same thing, love it, so that's 4/4!!! No complaints at all.

Update Nov 27 2012
Still working great, no problems at all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Short Shelf-life for Battery, December 26, 2011
I purchased an EL1005A in 2008 (predecessor to this model but similar enough to be pertinent). Within 16 months the battery lost it's ability to charge. (The unit was always kept in the charger..no recommendations to the contrary per manual). Since it was under a 2 year warranty the authorized repair center was able to have the removable hand-held vac (which apparently houses the battery)replaced, at no charge, by Electrolux. THIS IS GOOD! Same day I brought mine in, a gentleman came in with the same problem. I was told by the repair guy that Electrolux told him that if it fails again (out of warranty) to simply toss the unit since the battery was not replacable. THIS IS NOT GOOD!! The replacement unit has lasted 2.5 years and is starting to fail. Unfortunate, since the vac perfectly fit my needs (laminate and level-loop floor mats). I won't purchase another since I have no doubt they all have batteries with planned obsolesence. At a $100 a throw I'm too frugal to be relegating floor vacs to the scrap heap every 2 years (or 4 years if you're lucky enought to have it fail the first time under warranty!). I've never been a real fan of rechargables, but not having a cord to mess with was just too much of a tempatation to resist. Perhaps I'll find another brand with a REPLACEABLE battery. ELECTROLUX...YOU NEED TO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, June 7, 2011
I thought that Electrolux is a good choice. I definetely was mistaken. This vacuum cleaner was broken after 5 month of not frequent usage. It simply stopped to suck in. I strongly discourage you to buy this vacuum cleaner. Waste of money.

Rate and Discover Movies