4.0 out of 5 stars Good explanation of fundamental concepts
One of the reviews of this book reads
"In summary you need to be a PhD in RF circuit design to follow this book"
Published on July 4, 2010 by Achal Kathuria

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time and money
Published on November 12, 2008 by M. Imen

4.0 out of 5 stars Good explanation of fundamental concepts, July 4, 2010
Achal Kathuria (Mountain View, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Electromagnetics for High-Speed Analog and Digital Communication Circuits (Hardcover)
One of the reviews of this book reads
"In summary you need to be a PhD in RF circuit design to follow this book"
I don't think so. Based on few chapters I have read, I think the fundamental concepts are beautifully explained. The book is not difficult to follow until you stumble upon the few equations which have minor mistakes. I think this book would be helpful for circuits students who don't want to go into the super detailed mathematics of electromagnetics.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great book for RFIC design, February 2, 2009
In my opinion, this book tells you a lot of in-depth knowledge for RFIC and Microwave IC design, which you cannot find easily from other popular books. If you already know something about RFIC, this book can help you build up deeper understanding of the stuff, since you will find there are a lot of circuit analysis and detailed derivation.

4.0 out of 5 stars very recent update on microwave integrated circuit, April 22, 2008
I buy this book by library budget of my university.
Although, I don't read textbook throughly. But I concentrate only Smith chart topic because it is the core of microwave circuit.
I found that the equation of the real and imaginary reflection coefficient that can be write as a function of resistance and reactance circuit may be wrong. Eventhough, these equations are derived in page237 of Prof. Ramo textbook and confirmed by Prof. Pozar. I will check these equations later if I hang out from whiskey. But there are something interesting in this book because Prof. Niknejad is well-known in spiral inductor modeling since the work of his Ph.D degree. Chapters on Transformers are very interesting extended version of spiral inductor which can be found many application in modern communication circuits.
Additionally, latest version of this book should include some exercises for student.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time and money, November 12, 2008
M. Imen "Macy Imen" (Palo Alto, California) - See all my reviews
I have a chance to read first four chapter of this book, so far. In summary you need to be a PhD in RF circuit design to follow this book. It seems that in a rush the author has put together his class notes to publish a test book. I rate this book as a tragic effort for a well known researcher, who is not able to relate to average reader. This is becoming a pattern that scientists from great schools are the worst authors. Unfortunaletly, these authors are so consumed by their smart students that are not aware of the level of knowledge of an average electrical engineering student. In brief, do not buy it if you are not a PhD student.

Electromagnetics for High-Speed Analog and Digital Communication Circuits