Most helpful positive review
35 of 37 people found the following review helpful
works awesome!! but please read this review before using
on May 23, 2012
I have an 100 pound Doberman I bought this for.. It works great, but the instructions are terribly written.. When you place a battery in this collar, its settings are defaulted to the highest sound sensitivity and shock level..At this setting, if a flea sneezes it goes off..so, when you put the battery in it, there are 2 buttons on the back, YOU MUST PRESS THE "LOW" BUTTON SEVERAL TIMES, to set it to its lowest setting for sound/shock. What happens then, if the dog barks loud enough, it will emit a tone, if the dog barks within 30 seconds of that bark, it gets a tone and a mild shock. If the dog continues to bark, the device then elevates the sensitivity and shock...after 30 seconds it resets itself to that prior level.. So when you take the collar off the dog MAKE SURE you press the "Low" button several times to the lowest setting. If you do press the 'Low" button and it makes no tone, its at the lowest setting and your dog is learning.. My Doberman is very intelligent, he has figured out the timing of the collar, he no longer barks in sucession, because it resets at 30 seconds---he will bark once- wait 35-40 seconds and bark once again....wise-ass...
one more thing, tape the battery cover on the unit, if not it comes off very easily..