Dead Space 2 [Download]
|You Save:||$15.00 (75%)|
- For the first time, experience the horror of a Necromorph outbreak in multiplayer as you fight in skirmishes around the Sprawl and strategically dismember your friends
- Continue the frightening Dead Space saga in a whole new survival-horror adventure with engineer Isaac Clarke
- Impale Necromorphs into the walls with the Javelin, use improved telekinesis to turn limbs into deadly weapons, plant powerful dismembering trip mines, or create a hull-breach to suck a group of monsters out into space
- Fire up Isaac's suit boosters to rocket around in zero gravity like never before
- Explore the depths of the Sprawl and encounter new weightless combat and physics-based puzzles with full 360 degree movement
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Dead Space 2 is a third-person horror survival game in which players must battle an alien infestation straight out of a nightmare. Follow-up game to 2008's original Dead Space, in this new release players explore a whole new terrifying game environment and battle the Necromorph abominations utilizing new weapons and tools such as the powerful javelin gun and a new space suit with built-in booster rockets. Additional game features include: improved telekinesis powers and online multiplayer functionality.
Engineer Isaac Clarke returns for another bloodcurdling adventure in the sequel to the critically acclaimed Dead Space. After waking from a coma on a massive space city known as "The Sprawl," the lone survivor of a horrific alien infestation finds himself confronting a catastrophic new nightmare. Battling dementia, hunted by the government, and haunted by visions of his dead girlfriend, Isaac will do whatever it takes to save himself and dominate the gruesome onslaught. With an arsenal of tools to dismember Necromorphs and new determination, an engineer will bring the terror to space.
As with the original Dead Space game Dead Space 2 is a survival horror game played from the third-person perspective. Playing as Engineer Isaac Clarke players navigate a new environment, the space city, known as "The Sprawl." Here you must avoid or eliminate enemies including various Necromorph, horrific corpselike creatures reanimated by an alien enemy, as well as solve physics based puzzles. Game features include: multiplayer support, improved telekinesis powers and new weapons and tools, including the javelin gun which can pin an enemy to the wall and a new space suit that contains built-in booster rockets providing for maximum movement in zero-gravity.
- Chaos Hits "The Sprawl":
- Caught in the middle of a horrific infestation that’s decimating a massive space city, Isaac Clarke will dismember, impale, and stomp his way across "The Sprawl"
- Blast through the Church of Unitology, jet across the Solar Array, and infiltrate the CEC facility on the path to survival
- Master the Terror:
- Familiar as well as all-new grotesque creatures lurk around every corner
- Wield a set of devastating tools to bring the terror to space. Impale Necromorphs into the walls with the Javelin, use improved telekinesis to turn limbs into deadly weapons, plant powerful dismembering trip mines, or create a hull-breach to suck a group of monsters out into space
- Tear Through Space In Zero-G:
- Fire up Isaac's suit boosters to rocket around in zero gravity like never before. Explore the depths of the Sprawl and encounter new weightless combat and physics-based puzzles with full 360° movement
- Online Multiplayer
- For the first time, experience the horror of a Necromorph outbreak with others as you battle online in skirmishes around the Sprawl and strategically dismember your friends
New suit abilities & weapons.
Online multiplayer support.
New space based environment.
|OS:||Win 7, Vista and XP|
|RAM:||1 GB (XP), 2GB (Vista or Win7)|
|Video Card:||256MB Video Card and Shader Model 3.0; * NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better (7300, 7600 GS, and 8500 are below minimum system requirements) * ATI X1600 Pro or better (X1300, X1300 Pro and HD2400 are below minimum system requirements)|
Requires Origin Client to activate.
EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE SERVICES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON www.ea.com/2/service-updates.
EA MAY PROVIDE CERTAIN INCREMENTAL CONTENT AND/OR UPDATES FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, IF AND WHEN AVAILABLE.
Platform: PC Download | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
That said, you can only install it five times before your serial stops working... Also, if you buy the console version second hand, you can't use it online.
As the other reviewers have pointed out - beware of the fangled and draconian security measures that come with the PC version of this product. However, I think it's highly unfair to give the overall game a single star because of something that the publisher decided - most probably with little, if any input from the actual game developers. This is a review of the game, not a critique on access control technology. Take it for what it is.
So lets jump right into the `fear' aspect. The frights are genuine and the stakes are seemingly higher. Yet I personally think I was more petrified in the first game - the sense of dread is not as deep (at least not through Chapter 6). I think the main reason for this is that Dead Space 2 has a faster pace than its predecessor. Everything from the layout of the levels, to the improvements in Isaac's locomotion play a role in this. Still, there were a couple of occasions where I felt as if I was doused with a bucket of cold water. And besides, I'm only starting Chapter 7 - maybe I'll be unpleasantly surprised with something truly horrific, before the game is over.
The game also has a strongly unified design philosophy. This design philosopohy extends to everything from Isaac's various suits to the architecture.Read more ›
First off is gameplay, which while firmly rooted in survival horror (meaning you will have to manage ammo, health and inventory) does not make the mistake the recent Resident Evil's have made where the game plays like a shooter but controls like an adventure game. Dead Space 2 might not be as fast-paced as something like Call of Duty but it controls well and your ability to shoot enemies and run away is not artificially impeded by a bad control setup. Shooting is fast and accurate, you can move while aiming and reloading and most important you move and strafe like in a shooter, not like some other genre. Enemy variance is great in the game and each enemy type requires different tactics and is more suited to certain weapons, which offers a lot of variety and challenge like the shooters of old. Small toddler-like aliens call for fast spray shooting while large hulking beasts call for precision and dodging. Toward the end of the game many different types will be thrown at you at once, creating hectic and exhilirating moments where you have to quickly decide how to handle who, and with what.
Other than shooting creepy enemies that come from the dark you will do a lot of exploring in Dead Space 2.Read more ›
UPDATE #1: 1/14/2012 @ 10:44AM(PST): Amazon sent me a new activation code. It is still invalid!
UPDATE #2: 1/14/2012 @ 3:14PM(PST): Amazon sent me another new activation code and it still failed! I requested a refund.
UPDATE #3: 7/19/2012: Decided to give it another try after waiting 6-months, and the serial key finally worked! Changed from 1-star to 5-stars
The game is VERY scary in that the dark the atmosphere and things popping out at you scares you. I cringe when I have to walk around corners and open doors. Things *will* pop out and surprise. I can only play about 30-minutes at a time, but not because it is so scary, but because the surprises and things popping at you gets a little old. Other than that, the story line is interesting and there are some twists which keep me hooked. The game also makes you collect space credits so you can upgrade your weapons and items. It is fun to "level up" your character. Overall I recommend this game.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
As good as the first game is, this sequel outshines the first game in every single way! A great and memorable game. What an incredible and tense ending! Play with caution!Published 7 days ago by Stephen
Excellent game well thought out and awesome graphics. The variations in weapons upgradeability and alt fire modes keeps me playing it over again !Published 4 months ago by Pat K.