5,567 Reviews
 (2,405)
 (1,084)

1,114 of 1,244 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Scrabble Has Been Fixed!
Published on December 19, 2011 by Kitalyss

1.0 out of 5 stars worst update ever
Published 17 months ago by paulade291

1,114 of 1,244 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Scrabble Has Been Fixed!, December 19, 2011
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
Let me start by saying that I love Scrabble! When I got my Kindle Fire, I was excited to download this app. After reading previous reviews, I did not purchase Scrabble because I felt it was useless without single player mode. Luckily, that he recently been fixed! For those who already purchased the app, you can update it to receive single player mode. For those who were on the fence due to the negative reviews, feel free to now download it. The single player mode works flawlessly. You can choose a difficulty setting for your AI player(s) (you can have up to 3). When you're actually playing, it's easy to control. You choose your letter and play it on the board. It automatically zooms in once you've placed the first letter down. You can also zoom by pinching, which is extremely useful. The nice thing about single player mode is that you also don't have to wait for your partner to think. It only takes a few seconds, so the match ends up going very quickly.

Overall, I LOVE this game, and (for right now) it's on sale! Snatch it up while you can. If you're a Scrabble fan, you won't regret it!

EDIT:

Apparently, sometime in early August 2012 the single player mode disappeared but it has returned with the newest update? Strange to remove something like single-player mode. At least it's back now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Single Player Mode, December 16, 2011
Finally!!!!
The single player feature was added today. Thank you Electronic Arts for listening. The color graphics are also very nice.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst update ever, June 8, 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
This game has been butchered. Are you familiar with the phrase "if it ain'tbroke Don't fix it? I loved Scrabble. I played almost every day. I have yet to actually finish a game since the update. It freezes it crashes, it is slow the interface is not as easy as it was,all my stats were erased, it is hard on the eyes, it doesn't allow me to return to a game played with the computed it forces me to choose a new one. There's more but I think my point has been made. I would not recommend it to anyone. Regrettably I will be deleting this detritus from my device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrabble for Kindle Fire now has single play option, December 16, 2011
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
I bought this app. yesterday, and no single player option. I just received an update
on my Kindle Fire and installed it. Scrabble now has single player mode, also can play
against up to 3 computer AI's. Game plays GREAT.

1.0 out of 5 stars Often freezes or will not connect, September 8, 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
I bought this app 18 months age. In that 18 moths I have spent as much time trying to get it to work as I have playing the game. It often has problems connecting with Origin or Facebook or BOTH. The will last for days or weeks then resolve itself with a new update. I can not tell you how many times I have had to uninstall and reinstall due to the app freezing. Scrabble is a fun game but this app makes it FRUSTRATING instead of entertaining.

1.0 out of 5 stars Price seems to change daily!, June 5, 2013
Lazzarith (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
What's up with the pricing on this app? Pricing has been noted from various reviews from as low as free, and as high as today's pricing of 10 bucks. Seriously? 10 bucks for a game app? I'm not buying the physical game with the purchase of this app am I?

Just last week I saw this app for $4.99 and I thought I would buy it by the end of the weekend when I got home. Then the price doubled. I guess all those updates that people are complaining about have to be paid for by someone. I don't see me paying TEN TIMES the going rate for a game app, not when so many reviewers (as recent as today) have professed their disappointment with EA's uncertainty with their updates.

Until the pricing is brought in line to a more reasonable level, and the issues are rectified, I am going to pass on this blunder of an app.

Update, well this app is now 4.99, again. But considering they give it away for free in the Google app store I question the ethics behind the price. Electronic Arts is the developer and seller for both app stores, so why the price difference? Back to Words With Friends through facebook, which works great for me. Just the very fact that players will delay games because of "ratings" drives me nuts when I play scrabble for free directly on facebook. I see no reason that would entice me to pay 4.99 for something that others get for free from another app store.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, June 2, 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
Want a refund--doesn't work properly on my Kindle Fire tablet. Cannot use with Facebook friends. Very disappointed in this app!

2.0 out of 5 stars updated version not so great, September 9, 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
I recently updated this game.....things are a bit different from my old version and the game keeps hanging up atleast once every game. In order to clear the problem, I have to completely shut down the Kindle and restart. If I just turn it off and back on again, the game is still in the hung up state. This is very annoying----wish I had never updated it!

2.0 out of 5 stars take back the update!, June 4, 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
i loved it before the update. now i hate it and wish i wohldnt of bought it. why fix what isnt broken!

1.0 out of 5 stars App useless since update, September 2, 2013
Sunnyrose (West Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
This app always worked perfectly until about a week ago. I guess it was supposed to be an update, but in reality was a downgrade. It's useless to me now. As others have said it no longer let's me play with my Facebook friends. All of my ongoing games were lost on the app. Now I have to go to the computer to play scrabble. I've deleted it from my Kindle Fire HD and reinstalled twice to no avail. I'm deleting it until
there is a fix. I don't know whose idea this was, but it's a bad one. How do I get my money back?

SCRABBLE
SCRABBLE by Electronic Arts Inc.
$4.99