Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 15, 2013
I am using this cable with my Samsung Galaxy S4. I've only tried it with a flash drive but it works great. With this phone the device has to be removed a certain way. Don't just pull it out. Swipe down from the top of the screen. Then tap on "USB mass storage connected" and then you can remove the cable.
on October 3, 2011
I use this with my Motorola Xoom all the time. Its a great cable, about 6 inches end to end. Feels sturdily built and makes really solid connections with my Xoom and whatever USB device I connect it to. I've used it to connect to an external 750GB HDD, a 16GB pen drive, and my wireless mouse and keyboard. I work in maintenance so this cable gets stuffed into a little pocket on my bag that gets thrown all over the place and its surviving. Can't really think of any cons for this cable.
77 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2012
I've only had it 1 day, and all I can tell you is that if you unlock and root a Nexus 7 (google it) and install StickMount then you can use this cable to successfully attach a USB thumbdrive and access it contents. I just tested it with a movie.

Not bad. For the price of this cable and 1 hour of twiddling you can add a lot of value to your tablet.

It seems solid enough and I expect it to last as long as my Nexus 7 at least.
55 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2012
OTG cords are used on a variety of gadgets. Since I am using it on my Google Nexus 7, I am writing about that. This very small, well designed On The Go cord ads great utility to the Nexus. With it I can connect a USB thumb drive, and download contents to the tablet, or stream content, such as a movie, video clips or music. This is especially important since the Nexus 7 does not have a card slot for extra storage.

I also was able to connect the keyboard from my computer, using it just like that, with no installation or set up.

I did not root the Nexus 7 and it has worked perfectly. I bought the $2.99 Nexus Media Importer from the Google Play store, using a bit of the $25 credit Google refunds that when you buy the Nexus.

This cord is thoughtfully designed with an "L" connector to the tablet so the cord then runs neatly along the bottom edge of the tablet.

I first ordered an OTG cord in haste, turning out to be from China. The reviews were overwhelmingly negative, describing the plug on the connector as weirdly long, and a few reviews warned of it destroying the users' Nexus tablets. No! So I ordered the OTG from T & S Electronics. It arrived in just a few days.

The cord from China arrived much later, with the oddly long connector said to "brick" tablets. I threw it away. I think it important to be sure I don't damage or destroy a tablet for which I paid $200. Buy quality, still at a great low price and know you will enjoy your tablet safely.
on August 7, 2013
I bought this item for the lifetime warranty. I was hoping to never have to use it but unfortunately, I had to test the legitimacy of the offer. I was somewhat skeptical since i didn't see anyone else in the reviews go through the warranty process. The short story is that the warranty is legit and painless.

Long story:
I was using the cable to attach a simple USB mouse to a Nexus 7. I used it for a few months with no problems and I was very happy with it. Over the course of a few days, I started getting connectivity problems with the mouse working intermittently until it finally didn't work at all. When I plug it in, the optical part of the mouse flickers for a while before going out. I also tried it on a second device with similar problems. I tested the mouse on a computer and it works well. Thus, I was fairly confident that the problem was in the cable.

I emailed sales@tstronics.com with my sob story. To my surprise, I got a response within an hour! After working out some arrangements, a replacement cable was sent out the very next day. This was hands down the easiest and fastest RMA I've ever had to do.
For an upcoming trip, I wanted to leave the laptop at home and take only an Android tablet.

My concern was how would I transfer photos from the camera's SD card to the tablet?

Well, this cable does the trick if your camera has PictBridge (PTP) capability. If it does, just use the USB cable that came with your camera, plug it into this cable, turn the camera on and with Android v3.2.1, the Gallery opens and you can start an Import dialog. With my tablet, I moved nearly a Gigabyte of images from camera to tablet in a bit more than 2 minutes.

One precaution: adjust your screen to stay active for at least the time you expect the transfer to take or you can interrupt the transfer. I just set it for 30 minutes when I am about to transfer and then return it to my normal setting.

I chose this over the Motorola because of the 90-degree connector. In the final analysis, I don't think it really makes a difference.

For my needs, transferring photos from camera to tablet, this cable works perfectly and I am satisfied.

Jerry
on February 21, 2013
This product made my recent transatlantic flight an exercise in glory. Hooked it up to a Nexus 7 and a PS3 controller, and proceeded to play Ocarina of Time for 10 hours straight. Do you love being the geek who does the magic with the nouns? This is one of the nouns you need to produce the magic.
on August 31, 2011
I purchased 2 of these for my samsung galaxy s2, and they work as advertised. I have no complaints what so ever. FYI, for anyone buying this like I did for their galaxy s2, first plug the flash drive or mouse ect. into the cable first and then plug the cable into your phone and it'll work.

T&S Electronics were excellent in their service. I purchased this on a Friday and received it on Monday...with the standard shipping option...good stuff.

So all in all, the cables work perfectly and T&S Electronics were great with their order accuracy and speed. 5 stars all around.
on October 28, 2011
This item is what would be expected, plugs nicely, etc. I just wanted to let it be known that apparently Sprint has not enabled the USB host feature in the software of their GalaxyII Epic Touch phones. It apparently works on other carriers' version of this phone. I decided to keep the item anyway, in the hopes that the feature would be enabled in a future Sprint firmware upgrade.
on August 19, 2012
Well i guess when you have to pay over $5+ for a cable, you're not getting something cheap. This item is great and it's even better that it comes with a life time warranty. The quality is built right, well right enough for it to work perfectly with my Nexus 7. If you in search of a micro usb to female usb adapter, this one is the right buy. Plugged it in, and works perfectly with various of usb devices ranging form mouse, keyboard, external hard drive, to flash drive.
review image