Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 17, 2011
The player sounds fine, but the product description indicates that it has an earphone jack. Having purchased this model because it was one of the few that did, I now know that it does not. If your intended use is with headphones as mine was, do not purchase this unit.
on October 8, 2011
We bought this portable CD player for our son who is 7 years old so he can listen to CD stories in his room.
The product is perfect : small, easy to use and to carry around, great sound.
on January 4, 2012
This was purchased as a gift, but I tested it out before giving it, to see that all functions work properly. The sound was not the best, but all the functions worked as expected.

The CD played with no skipping, and you can switch tracks forward or back, easily. The radio played, but has the old fashioned dial tuner, which is tough to get just right, and very hard to tell a specific channel number. You just kinda have to feel your way through tuning it, and wait for a station ID to know what actual station you're on. If you listen to one channel only, it won't be an issue - once you find it, but if you're a channel surfer, this may become an irritant. As a dial tuner, there are no options to program channels that I could find.

I have an Ipod, which I was able to attach via the audio in jack, and it played fine, using the IPod for the music, and the stereo as speakers. It also has a USB memory stick jack, which you can use to play MP3's right off the stick, instead of an Ipod type player. I didn't try that, but my spouse has that in his car, and that's what it does. Not sure how you control it, for skipping channels, etc, but presumably with the CD controls on the digital window on front.

Overall, this was a good size, good functionality, and didn't feel too cheap, for what it is. I will say I thought the sound was not what I would have expected. I have a single speaker for my laptop, that sounds much better to my ear, and is 1/8th the size of this unit. If you're looking for a speaker for your Ipod, there are better options. If you're looking for a small unit that does it all, and sound quality is not the biggest thing to you, then this is a good price for this much function.
on August 8, 2011
I have an ipod, but yes I am still using CDs. Bought this to play CDs without having to bother to load music on my computer/ipod - saved me time; Radio is an advantage also. I can be in my kitchen listening to the radio or sesame street CD for baby, and when I have the chance - I can load CD onto my ipod later. Nice sound; small footprint for a boombox. so it fits into a closet nicely.
on September 25, 2011
the naxa NPB 255 is great normal not to small not to big size portable radio plus more stuff mp3 cd player and am fm the sound is good its easy to carry around anywhere for house or my office.
on November 23, 2011
The CD player on my old boom box broke and I was looking for one with just a radio and CD player that wouldn't take up too much space. This one is a great size and is easy to operate. The CD player and radio work great.
on February 26, 2012
Got this Oct. 30 2012. The CD player stopped working a little over 2 months later. Product has a 3 month warranty BUT customer must pay to send it back AND send a check for $20 to cover (presumabably) sending it back! That means I would have had to pay 50% MORE for an already defective item. What a Lousy warranty! Clearly company does not seem to have much faith in their product and from my experience, I can see why!
on December 26, 2011
We liked it, but it doesn't have an earphone jack like the description says, and we needed that, so we had to return it. Amazon is great about returns in these situations, so that wasn't a problem. Other than that, it sounded good, it was easy to use and nice and small.
on December 29, 2011
I ordered two for Christmas gifts and I would LOVE to give this a good review. It looks great, has great features, and sounded great...BUT, the cord that plugs into the unit did not fit in either of them, so we could only get it to play if we were pushing the cord in and holding it tight at an angle to get an electrical connection. If we could have figured out a way to fix the problem, I would have kept them, but we couldn't and they were not usable. Thank goodness Amazon sent a return label right away. I'm really sad about this product...what a shame!

I reordered two units. They are black instead of silver but have the same great sound. The cords do fit the plug into the unit and, while not tight, seem to be staying in. I'll let you know later if still pleased - and will up the rating if I am.
on December 1, 2011
Great small stereo with Good sound and Great value. Now I can boogie while working in the garage. Fits on the workbench without being too big to be in the way.