5.0 out of 5 stars You'll get a lot of mileage
Published on July 20, 2007 by J. Grant

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!!! Harbor mold and fungus
Published 16 months ago by T. Brooks

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll get a lot of mileage, July 20, 2007
This review is from: Elegant Baby 8 Piece Bath Squirties Gift Set in Vinyl Zip Bag, Animal (Baby Product)
You'll get a lot of mileage out of these wonderful bath time toys. My daughter has played with these squeezable animals in and out of the tub for over 2 years now. We've lost the little racoon so I'm purchasing another set to have as extra's. Other bath tub toys have come and gone but these have kept her attention and brought lots of enjoyment- you can't go wrong with these little guys.

4.0 out of 5 stars We like these but..., February 24, 2008
Our 8 month old really loves these, but we had to throw the cow away because the black spots on it scraped off very easily andd we didn't want him chewing on it and ingesting the paint. The others seem fine though...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good toys, but keep 'em clean., November 10, 2009
D. Spillane (Brooklyn, NY USA) - See all my reviews
These are great bath toys for infants and toddlers alike. My daughter enjoyed looking at them and chewing on them when she was a baby, and now she likes squirting them and role-playing with them as a toddler. The construction is solid, the colors are bright and varied, and the characters are cute.

My only reservation about them (which applies to most bathtub-squirt toys) is that they accumulate gunk in them if you don't empty the water out regularly. If you forget to do that, it can be pretty gross when the toy is squeezed and tiny bits of black crud shoot out and float around the tub.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, lots of play time for years., June 23, 2007
These cute bath squirties are a lot of fun for a baby or an older child. Just be prepared for the water when you teach your child what a squirtie will do -- I've been shot in the eyes, mouth, nose, etc.

The toddler twins have fun with them, and so do the older girls -- even though they have to clean up the bathroom after they bathe and play with these.

A toy that goes from 6 month to 9 years old is worth its weight in gold. Have fun with your children and play together.

5.0 out of 5 stars soft and cute, March 13, 2007
A soft plastic. Easy to hold. Do not have a strong plastic odor. Great for children to hold, squeeze and chew. And they are so cute. My 6 month old and three year old both love them.

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!!! Harbor mold and fungus, February 26, 2013
T. Brooks (Stamford, CT USA) - See all my reviews
My daughter received these as a gift. They are adorable and the right size for her tiny hands. HOWEVER, I soon realized they were a danger! I kept seeing little black particles in her bathwater, specifically after we squirt the toys. I soon realized it was the toy. I was confused as I squeeze the water out after each use. I cut one open and YUCK it was filled with mold. I did a quick internet search and realized this is a common problem, specifically with this brand. Be very careful. Cute toy if not used in the water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bath toys!, July 15, 2009
My daughter was given these toys almost a year ago, and now (at age 27 months), she still loves them! They've been great for her to learn the animal names and noises (well, noises for some of the animals, anyway!), and after watching the animals running around the tub (courtesy of Daddy), she has now learned to make the animals run by herself, along with commentary-- i.e., "waddle, waddle" for the penguin. She also recently learned how to fill the animals with water and squirt out the water all by herself. These toys are also very portable and easy to clean, so whether we're going to Grandma's or for a doctor's appointment, I hide a few in the diaper bag so they can surprise her when a little entertainment is needed. I don't clean them in diluted bleach very often, and they still look and smell fine. I highly recommend these cute toys!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review from a 13 mo old, May 6, 2011
We got these toys to put into our 13 mo old's easter eggs. She LOVES them.

If our daughter could talk, this is what she would say:

PENGUIN!! I LOVE PENGUIN!

Piggypiggypiggypiggy...

Monkey! Says AhAh!

Cow! Says Moooooooooooo!

PENGUIN?! HOW COOL IS THIS PENGUIN?!?!??

Sheep have funny faces. Also, tasty.

Raccoons taste like Winnie the Pooh.

Also...PENGUIN!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not safe - Paint came off immedeately, December 27, 2012
We got these for our 6 month old to play with during bath time. I boiled them to sterilize (which you should be able to do with toys that will end up in your baby's mouth), but the paint started rubbing off from one toy onto the other. Don't see a need for extra paint on a toy that will be chewed on. Will not give these to my daughter as she would get toxic paint in her mouth.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Toy but not safe to chew on, April 20, 2010
Got these for a 1st birthday gift and she loves them. BUT, she loves to chew on them and they are made in China. I have read several places that the paint comes off. As they have no indication of "non-toxic" on them, they are not regulated for chewing on. That means they are most likely unsafe, as are most toys from China that don't say "non-toxic".

On a side not, I wonder how something gains the label "non-toxic"? How are the rules determined and enforced? I don't really trust anything that doesn't specifically say it is ok to chew on.

If your child is older and can be trusted to keep them out of their mouth, and not drink out of them in the tub, they should be a good toy for the bath. Very cute.

Rate and Discover Movies