Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on September 13, 2013
My husband bought this brand tv at Christmas time and it started turning off intermittently after a few weeks. I finally got around to contacting the company, only to find out that the tv had been recalled.

I contacted customer service three times over a two month time period and my television, a recalled Model #ELDFT406, was still not fixed.

The first time I called, the customer service representative (CSR) told me that I would be mailed the parts within days and a technician will contact me with two weeks. Neither of those things happened.

The second time I called, the CSR told me that my parts were originally on back order, and that the first CSR was wrong to tell me that my parts were being mailed out when we spoke. He assured me that the parts were now in and that they would be shipped out immediately and I should receive them within days and a technician will contact me with two weeks. Neither of those things happened.

I finally called for the third time. The CSR told me that the parts were still on back order and she would send an inquiry to the manufacturer who makes the parts and when they come in someone will call me. I told her about my conversation with the second CSR and how the parts were already supposed to be shipped. She said that information was incorrect.

I obviously got the run around from these people. The television had been recalled and I had been in contact with them for 2 months already. I finally did receive the parts in the mail about 3 weeks after the 3rd call and after filing a complaint with the BBB. The technician came to my house and changed them. And guess what? Yeah, it still doesn't work.

And now they want me to pay to ship them my broken tv so they can send me a refurbished one. I'm sorry, but I bought a NEW tv...if they are going to replace it, it should be new. And I shouldn't have to pick up the dime when the tv has been recalled!

$300 for a tv that collects dust.

Go to Element Electronics facebook page...it's all there to see...all the people that have tried to get their tv's fixed. Check out this company's BBB rating. They make an inferior quality products and then don't stand by to fix products that, admittedly, don't work. Don't waste your time or money. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

If I could, I would give them ZERO stars...but Amazon won't allow it.
33 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2013
I bought this tv at Wally World for $287. It had mixed reviews on line so I bought the 3 year warranty for about $20. Been working great for about a year. Sound is pretty crappy but its hooked to my surround system. Only con with that is the tv volume doesn't control the output so I leave the tv on 0 and control the surround separately. I'd recommend buying it from a place you can add the warranty andakes it well worth the risk. At the time it was half price of anything comparable in the store. Def worth $300!
on November 20, 2013
Purchased this item at Target for $269.95 with HDMI cables and two year extended warranty for a grand total of $343 and change.The picture is excellent and like all new sets today the sound is awful.Will upgrade the audio but other then that we are pleased with this purchase.A 40 inch TV for under $300.00 this has to be one of the best buys out there.Only three stars due to the weak audio.
on August 9, 2013
WARNING : Before any of you even think about buying Element Electronics TVs go to their FB page and look at the mounting customer complaints!!!!!
on January 16, 2014
average TV do not put the tv in power save mode/home mode when selecting set up wizard. it will mess it up who would want to watch tv for 30 minutes and have it shut off. read the manual . Go to menu then the display mode and change it to standard . or when first operating choose standard tv mode also the tv comes in wide screen choose cinema on menu . This is the reason why thiers a so called recall just on the operating sytstem element made to save power they need to get rid off it so people dont bother with the option. Make my tv solar powered if you want to save us customers energy lol.
on February 24, 2014
I took a chance with this TV and it worked out. We are so impressed with it. Very happy :)
on June 17, 2014
After reading the other comments, I should note this television comes with two types of settings at setup energy efficient and standard, there is a quality difference, but found out it was because I plugged directly into my cable box. Was easy to program and Cinema setting is great to watch any sport. This is very light weight, and great sound.
on March 10, 2014
purchased this television from Target in November of 2013 and it went on the fritz in March 2014. I only get half a screen. I called Element and the only way they would honor the warranty is if I shipped it back to them, then they would send me a replacement. The catch is I had to pay the shipping charges, which for a 40" TV weighing approximately 30 lbs with packaging cost $70 and the price may even be more depending on where you live. They have no authorized repair dealerships anywhere. I would advise that you purchase your television from a more reputable manufacturer. You may pay a little more, but at least you know that you are getting a good quality product from a manufacturer who will stand behind it instead of behind you (If you know what I mean). Also, always check if there are factory repair dealerships in your area. But let me repeat DO NOT PURCHASE ANY PRODUCTS FROM ELEMENT ELECTRONICS!
on August 27, 2013
I am shocked by the negative reviews I have seen online for this TV. I have owned this TV for three years and it has been excellent. It handles heavy video game use, and to this day still provides quality sound and picture. The TV itself is very slick looking, has excellent anti-glare, and is an all around quality TV for the price.
on January 6, 2015
I purchased this TV for my husband. It has a sharp, excellent picture. Very pleased.

See 1 answered question