4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for a great price
Published 11 months ago by Blair F. Madore

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT purchase the Kindle version!
I purchased the Kindle version and was disappointed to find that nearly all of the math text was completely unreadable on my first-generation Kindle. This might be different for newer versions of the Kindle, but I was unable to read the text and complete problems for my class, so I asked and received a refund and will be purchasing a hard copy.
Published 12 months ago by moneymaker

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for a great price, October 8, 2013
This review is from: Elementary Analysis: The Theory of Calculus (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics) (Hardcover)
As the professor for the introduction to analysis (advanced calculus) course I have required this textbook multiple times. While the students do not rave about the book, they do not complain about it either. I'm quite happy when a textbook supports a course so well it doesn't become the center of conversation (good or bad). I like Ross's approach and writing style very much. He's a solid analyst and writes like one, unlike some other authors of introductory analysis texts. The only fault one might find with the book is the treatment of epsilon-delta. Ross has cleverly taken the need for epsilon-delta arguments out of the course. It is the hardest part for many students but it is also a very traditional part of the subject. I usually supplement the book on this topic just so that my students will be well prepared to read analysis in other classes or books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book. Haven't used any other books for Real ..., September 11, 2014
Awesome book. Haven't used any other books for Real Analysis, but honestly I don't know why I would need to for a first level course.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT purchase the Kindle version!, September 19, 2013