|Hard Drive||2 TB 1X2TB|
2 Year Data Recovery Planfrom FA Service Plans
- If your drive stops working, the Rescue data recovery plan will recover the data from the failed drive and return it to you on a new piece of external storage
- Covers new single-disk external hard drives of any brand when purchased within 30 days (receipt must be retained for purchases not on the same transaction). Not eligible on enterprise class or multi-drive devices
- Free shipping for in-lab data recovery; 24/7 online case status tracking
- If your data isn't recovered, you get your money back
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
WD Elements 2TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive (WDBU6Y0020BBK-NESN)
|Price:||$80.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$49.00 (38%)|
- Ultra-fast USB 3.0 data transfers
- Massive capacity
- Free trial of WD SmartWare Pro auto and cloud backup software
- WD quality and reliability
- Adding extra storage for your videos, music, photos, and files.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: WD Elements 2TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive (WDBU6Y0020BBK-NESN)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Cyber Trading|
|Hard Disk Size||2 TB||2 TB||2 TB||1 TB|
|Hard Disk Description||1X2TB||Portable||Portable||Portable|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
This is an "portable" hard drive meaning all it needs is a USB plug into your computer to transfer the data and get power from. That means you don't have to plug in an AC adapter to your wall socket. I prefer these hard drives over the kind that require an AC adapter every time. This will also work with USB 2.0 adapters the speeds for 2.0 transfers are still fast enough for most users at about a gigabyte of data every 30 to 40 seconds. At the time of writing this review to terabyte drives or the highest capacity could find for a portable hard drive. If you want to get a 3 or 4TB hard drive those are the kind that require a wall AC adapter.
This hard drive is Mac compatible just follow the steps below to format the hard drive for your Mac. If you're a Mac user setting up or erasing this drive up with your computer is super easy follow these steps.
1. Plug in the the drive
2. Open up disk utility found in your applications folder inside the utilities folder
3. Next select the newly plugged in a drive and on the right-hand side you should see partition click on that.
4. Then inside that screen on the partition layout drop-down choose how many partitions you'd like to set up. I generally go with one partition and just use folders to organize my files.
5. Then on the right-hand side you can name the partitions and select the format.Read more ›
I measured the read speed on PC at about 80mb/s (sequential) when using USB 3.0. Using the same USB 2.0 Y-cable connection Wii U uses, the speed dropped to 34mb/s for a sequential read and 23mb/s for a random read, both of which are faster than the 22.5mb/s speed of Wii U discs.
In-game, I saw an average reduction in loading times of 6 seconds for Mariokart 8 tracks and 1-2 seconds for Pikmin 3 trials (there was no change in the initial game boot time in either case). In general, the drive is fast and performs better than using a disc, but it does read very slowly at system startup, which reduces the usefulness of Wii U's "quick start" feature. It's also not as fast as the Wii U's internal flash memory, which loaded Bit Trip Runner 2 and Nano Assault Neo levels about 3-4 seconds faster (but that's to be expected from a SSD).
It's a shame that the full USB 3.0 speed capabilities of HDDs can't be utilized on Wii U, but this drive still loads faster than an optical disc and works reliably. Aside from the sluggish performance at boot-up, I'm very happy with this drive.
The drive came preformated for NTFS but can easily be reformatted for specialized Mac or Linux file systems using standard operating system utilities.
It didn't come with much in the way of a user guide, but it doesn't really need one, it just plugs in and pops right up as a standard storage device like a thumb drive.
Physically, this drive is a bit heavier and just a little thicker than some of the lower capacity USB powered drives I have used, but is still incredibly compact at only a little over 3 by 4 inches by just over a half inch thick (about the size of a pack of those larger sized bicycle playing cards). The plastic drive case isn't fancy, and probably won't fend off an attack from an angry bear, but it's adequate given the fact that, like any portable drive, you will want to be careful about severe shocks and drops anyway.
Despite the compact size, and lightweight plastic case, the drive weighs in at close to half a pound and feels pretty hefty and substantial.
Power consumption, even for the largest 2 TB model, is still low enough to work on a single 500ma USB port (no 2 port Y-Cable or external power needed). Not only that, but even after extended operation, transferring hundreds of gigabytes of data for example, the drives case barely even starts to get warm.
Mechanically, my drive is so quite and smooth in operation that you have to really feel carefully to even tell if it is spinning. You can feel very slight jogs internally when the drive is seeking, but it's barely noticeable, and if anything, smoother and quieter than most of my other portable hard drives.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great product, and it's been very reliable so far. I would highly recommend, and maybe buy another if I need it.Published 7 hours ago by Mister Sir
so far no problems, works as described with the digital TV tuner that uses 3rd gen. usb connection.Published 10 hours ago by Paul L. Magann
So far so good. Bought to replace my wife's kaput Seagate external. Will have far more room for all her videos.
Good and fast access and the USB 3. Read more
Works great out of the box. I just reformatted for my MacBook Air since it's comes in the wrong format. Takes a few seconds with Disk Utility to reformat the drive. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Ann Burkart
It does exactly what its supposed to do, saves data and can be moved around. Overall very happy with my purchase!Published 2 days ago by Guillermo D. Hernandez
Transferred several smaller drives onto this one and made it the network drive for all my photos. I had to repartition it for Mac system which was not big deal. Read morePublished 2 days ago by SharpFocus Photo