Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.00 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Elenco 9438 Breadboard With JW-140 Jumper Wire Set
|Price:||$40.27 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Breadboard with - Terminals: 2,390 test points, 378 separate 5 point terminals, plus 10 horizontal bus lines
- Binding posts: Four coded black, red, yellow, and green
- Breadboard dimensions: 7" wide, 9" long
- Also includes the JW-140 Jumper wire kit, made in Taiwan
- For 30 years Elenco has been using their strong engineering and design skills to develop reliable, affordable electronic test equipment, tools, and educational kits
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
=== The Good Stuff ===
* The chassis is stiff aluminum, which gives the whole board some stability. It resists flexing when you insert of remove a wire/component. The workarea is also reasonably stiff, and the sockets seem to make a good positive contact.
* The unit is a nice size- a little room to spread out.Of course that also results (at least in my case) in sloppy layouts.
* Not really sure about the banana plug issues. I removed them and installed a simple screw terminal strip, which works better for my applications.
=== The Not-So-Good Stuff ===
* I wish there was a way to anchor the board without drilling or other modifications. I hate having a board move around when I am working on it.
* It would have made my day if there were three power buss strips instead of two. Nothing that can't be worked around, but I always seem to have a dual voltage chip or two that messes up my neat layout.
=== Summary ===
I am happy so far with this board. It seems "reasonably" robust, at least in this age of cheap electronics Time will tell how well it holds up.
This board also can be expanded with the individual non-mounted breadboards of the same length, also sold by Amazon. I have an additional one attached (the edges of the boards allow you to lock them together). I may add another one later to make for a nice, very large proto surface.
Good product, reasonable price. Recommended.
If you are working with any kind of electrical micro controller projects this is a must buy.
First, it would be nice if the base were heavy metal instead of cheap plastic.
Second, it would be nice if the posts were pre-attached like they are in the pictures. You have to do this yourself.
I also used it to breadboard a 555 timer circuit that ended up being constructed to blink my Xmas lights. I have smaller units
but this one is my favorite, more tiepoints equals more fun.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Board fries easily. One section at a time burnt out. By the fourth class for college, it was useless.Published 1 month ago by Jenni Gruber
It's entirely possible it's user error, but I found this board to be very unreliable, due to I inconsistencies in the continuity of the rows and to a lesser... Read more