5.0 out of 5 stars Happy kids!
I bought this for my 8 year old nephew and he LOVED it! I have since added other Snap Circuit kits to his collection, and these are things he uses over and over. He and his Dad have used them with their Scout troop, big hit there as well. I was so impressed that I added the Snap Circuit line as a suggestion for toys on a Christmas list for a charity I work with, and many...
Published on August 3, 2008 by Susan

3.0 out of 5 stars okay but lost interest fast
my bright 8 yr old was very excited and was able to put the flying saucer project together by himself. He did the two other projects also. he then quickly lost interest. he wanted the bigger package where he could do much more projects. i should have bought him the sc-300 or at least the sc-100 package because that includes the flying saucer also and many more projects...
Published on January 18, 2011 by occ doc

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for even younger ages, November 30, 2011
This review is from: Snap Circuits Flying Saucer (Toy)
I bought this product simply because it is cheap, the parts are obviously easier to manage (because they are snap on) and thus great for kids, and it was a good experience to give some introductions to electricity to my kids. My daughter is 5, and my son is 3. I was able to explain the flow of current and demonstrated how the flow of electricity controlled the direction of the motor. Beyond that, the toy aspect took over as they both enjoyed launching the flying saucer. The 5 year old was able to place the saucer back on its launch plate, where as the 3 year old was not. That really doesn't matter as I purchased this toy as a kind of "us" toy, as its something I could spend time with them doing. I used to have a "150 in 1" kit when I was growing up, and as complicated as that kit was, its good to see smaller kits are coming out with parts that are much easier to manage for younger children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item but just a taste - will want more, get a larger kit., December 26, 2010
C. Dillman (North Yarmouth, Maine USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snap Circuits Flying Saucer (Toy)
Snap circuits are really neat and this is one of the first things I always build when the nieces and nephews come over but after a few launches they are always ready to explore farther (voice recorder, sonic sounds, lights etc...).

This would make a good stocking stuffer but will likely leave the kid wanting more so you may want to consider getting one of the larger kits right from the start. Been playing with our snap circuits for years and without a doubt they are an heirloom quality toy destined to be passed down

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but better to get the 101 project kit, August 5, 2013
A. Hughes (San Diego, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snap Circuits Flying Saucer (Toy)
For what you get and what it does it is overpriced, especially when compared to the 101 kit.

Anyway I bought 2 of these as projects for a 3, 5, 6 and 9 year old to be made in teams. They were super excited about it AND it did what it said it would do. So I was very happy it got them excited about electronics (sort of). The novelty does where off pretty quick and they were all like, what else does it do.

I did however by the 101 kit with many more projects in it and that has been a bigger hit. So this fan kit was a big waste of money in comparison.

4.0 out of 5 stars Snap circuit, December 29, 2011
Teresa Mann (Old Hickory, TN United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Snap Circuits Flying Saucer (Toy)
A good toy. Purchasesed with the Snap Circuits Jr set which resulted in some duplication. My nephew likes the two of them a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for electricity enthusiasts, July 23, 2011
This review is from: Snap Circuits Flying Saucer (Toy)
My son received this toy for his 10th birthday present. He loved it. He has enjoyed putting many of the projects together many times. Although this toy does not teach how electricity actually works, it gives the child a positive experience with building circuits and radios, lights, etc. Hopefully this will contribute to a greater understanding when these topics are actually covered in school.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs DC Adapter; Didn't Work With Batteries, June 3, 2013
This review is from: Snap Circuits Flying Saucer (Toy)
Easy-peasy to put together (only 4 parts plus propeller), but: 3 new AA batteries only resulted in a fast-spinning fan--no liftoff. Using the Elenco DC adapter (a slight reconfiguration on the board) resulted in a satisfying liftoff of at least 6 feet. Limits the toy's range so can't use outdoors, or show off away from outlets.

5.0 out of 5 stars this toy is cool, August 23, 2011
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Snap Circuits Flying Saucer (Toy)
I played with this toy and i liked it a lot so i give it 5 stars it's very cool! bye.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kids learned nothing, only though the spinning thing was cool., April 5, 2013
This review is from: Snap Circuits Flying Saucer (Toy)
For an older child above 11 and understands circuits gears and batteries would I recommend this. Not a cheep toy but above my 10 year old and 8 year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 11 year old nephew loves it!, August 12, 2011
Sunny Dayz (Florida central gulf coast) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Snap Circuits Flying Saucer (Toy)
I purchased this for my nephew's 11th birthday based on all the positive reviews. He's a smart kid, so I was concerned it might be a little young for him. I needn't have worried however since I heard he really enjoys it, as do his buddies, and even got in trouble for not putting it away at dinnertime. :). It's so gratifying when an educational toy also turns out to be fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased this as a gift for a geeky young nephew who initially found it frustrating, but once, May 9, 2014
This review is from: Snap Circuits Flying Saucer (Toy)
he got it working just right he was buoyed with the pride of accomplishment. This would be a good kit for a parent and child to bond over, as it provides opportunities for parents to guide and encourage.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›