Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Snap Circuits UC-30 Upgrade Kit SC-100 to SC-300
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

This kit is for kids who already have Snap Circuits Jr. SC-100, and have completed all 101 experiments from the enclosed booklet.

What you get:

More snap wire connections, including one with 7 snaps. (Each "snap" clicks into place on the board to connect the circuits)

Another battery holder

An antenna coil

A green LED

A 6V lamp socket and bulb

A microphone

A power amplifier integrated circuit

Capacitors

Resistors

A high frequency integrated circuit

Transistors

A booklet with instructions for projects 102-305

Note: You don't get another board. They're assuming you have the first kit with the board and components.

Projects in this kit include doorbells, buzzers, fans, alarms and all manner of sound effects.

Recommended if you already have the first set and your kids are aching for more projects. Educational, fun and a snap to use.

Amanda Richards, January 24, 2009
22 comments| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2011
We bought this to add to my 9-year-old son's Snap Circuits Jr. set. Wow, we thought the first set was fun but with this added kit it got even better! He can do this all on his own and has so much fun making things. So far his favorites have been the AM radio and the radio announcer. This keeps him entertained for hours. Although this kit is new he has had snap circuits for six months and he is still playing with them regularly. This is a GREAT toy for a kid interested in building or science. I LOVE THIS TOY!
on December 28, 2011
I got the original SC-100 kit for my boyfriend's 7 year-old nephew for his birthday in October and everyone raved about it. Apparently, he would get caught "circuiting" under the blankets at night when he was supposed to be in bed. It seemed only natural to get him one of the additional kits for Christmas so I opted for the upgrade. I figured this would add a few more dimensions without pigeon-holing (as I was afraid the more specific kits might do) the experience.

So far so good! He spent 3 hours on Christmas playing with his new circuits and I heard tales of robot battles and other fun. I also got the AC adapter so his parents didn't have to keep buying new batteries because apparently the circuits just tear through them. He told me his next step is to try to create a hole to the space-time continuum so at least he's got a good start.
on December 17, 2010
An add-on to the 11 yr olds set. She has fun doing all the projects. She figures them out and assembles them on her own. The one con: it doesn't explain the HOW and WHY it works.
on February 9, 2011
I have bought this for 5 of my 9 grandchildren, and they love it. It is educational, fun, and the directions are easy to follow.
on August 1, 2013
We started with the Snap Circuits 100 kit and later added the UC-30 upgrade. This age group can easily build all the projects but will need adult participation to build vocabulary and help with actual understanding of how it works. The booklet is very helpful. I needed the book to teach me about electricity so I could teach my grandson. My expectation of increasing our knowledge was exceeded! Next we will add the green power kit. I highly recommend this to anyone wishing to teach children about electricity.
on March 7, 2011
My seven year old son loved the Snap Circuit Jr that he received for Christmas; completed all the electronic experiments in just about 2 months. So it made sense to purchase the UC-30 Upgrade Kit SC-100 to SC-300 and see where his love of electronics would take him. He makes his own experiments now and still plays with both sets every few days. I worried that the pieces would break easily, but that seems to have been an unfounded concern. The storage trays make it easy to keep all the pieces together, although the cardboard boxes are really beat up. Next purchase: hard plastic carrying case.
on January 12, 2014
About five years ago I purchased the snap circuit 100 set. Since then that child has grown out of the toy but his little brother now six is very interested in playing with the snap circuits. We purchased this upgrade to add to the snap circuit set the originally purchased five years ago. Not only does the set purchased 5 years ago work perfectly but the new set has added a lot of projects. My son brought it in for show and tell and amazed his class with his circuit building talents. If you already have the 100 set I would definitely recommend this upgrade.
on January 3, 2012
My boys got this upgrade for Christmas (6 and 8). It's a nice addition to the Snap Circuits Jr. SC-100 kit and I'm considering the next upgrade. If something goes wrong with your kit, Elenco has great customer service and you can order individual parts from their website.
on March 18, 2016
The kids love learning and building circuits with these. I am looking to buy more kits. A great way to teach a child the basics of an electrical circuit (maybe some adults too). We enjoy building the projects together. We did the first 20 together and then the next thing I know they are completing projects on their own. This is an expansion pack and requires the SC-100 to build any of the projects. Great fun alternative to building blocks.