Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change
Price:$2.54+ Free shipping

on September 5, 2013
These test leads are so poorly assembled that several of them had NO CONTINUITY AT ALL. The electrical connections from the wires to the alligator clips are the sloppiest I've seen - EVER, and I've been in electronics for almost half a century. The wire is only slightly stripped, a few strands are folded back over the insulation, then held in place by the wire-strain portion of the clip. No soldered connections, no welded connections. Nothing. They recommend this product for use in labs - I don't think so. You shouldn't have to "fix" a product before it can be used. The quality is incredibly bad.
77 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2012
First impression I gave it 5 stars:
True, these are smaller than the ones you find most places including Radio shack. Max grip is ¼ inch but usable is 3/16. That is why I've bought these. The electronics I work on need a small clip as not to short out the next connection. The grip is also very good. Doesn't slip in the fingers like others including Radio Shack. Tip to tip length is 17 inches. Wire is crimped but tight. The clip itself, I have found one bad but works. The wire is nice and flexible.
UPDATE it is now 1 star:
While doing one of my projects, I keep getting strange results from what I expected. Could it be the new cables? I tested these with 120 ma flowing thru my meter. I shunted my meter with these and still read current. I soldered the wires direct to the clips which made them better. But the drop was too much. Radio Shack cables had a 9.6 mv reading shunting across my meter but these had a very high 70.5 mv. The wires are too fine. Also when soldering the clips you can see the poor quality of the clips.
44 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2011
The ten 14" test leads have small 1" clips that open to about 1/4" wide. The clips are enclosed by a tight insulation cover. The clips are soldered onto the wire which is definitely a plus in quality. The wire is 20 gauge stranded rated at 600 volt. You receive two-each of the following colors: green, blue, red, white and black. I believe that these clips will be very useful in medium to light electrical work.
on May 8, 2015
These work as described however there's a bit of manufacturing residue on the inside of the boots that cover the alligator clips, which makes the clips very hard to grasp. I took some electronics cleaner and squirted a bit inside each boot and then swabbed the inside of em with an alcohol soaked q-tip and that seemed to remove enough of the oils as to be able to give these clips a good pinch. The soldering on the alligator clips themselves is not the best, acceptable but not great. I'll probably redo the connections at some point, either out of necessity or for fear that I'll explode while working on my tube amps. The pictures above are with the boots removed from the clips to show the shoddy solder job.
review image review image
on May 15, 2013
Testing these cables revealed that about 50% of them were clamped but not electrical connection was there. Repaired and using them.
on December 20, 2014
These are what they are; a small wire gauge (20 gauge, by looking at the wire once received) alligator lead set. The colors help keep things straight. I successfully used these without incident diagnosing a parasitic drain on my truck; nearly an amp passed through 2 of them, no problem.

I'm docking a star because I was hoping for a more sturdy set, and nowhere in amazon's description is the gauge of the wire listed. I trusted "the buzz" with them being ranked #1 seller of something or another, but if I had a redo I'd shop for a heavier gauge set, both in wire and in clip. These would be great for your standard "learn about electricity" sort of things, but for "grittier" jobs, you'll probably want something more substantial. I fully expect these to be a throwaway item.
on August 17, 2013
Other reviewers have complained of workmanship. My batch we're perfect.

Yes, they are not for carrying a great load. And for me, measuring
Amp loads to LED strings, etc, just perfect.

The spring in the connecting jaws is very strong for the small size.
on March 11, 2016
Some of these clips are an open circuit. Of the ones that do work, they only work if you're careful, they're hard to clip on compared to other alligator clips I've used. The reason is that they are poorly designed in my opinion. When you squeeze the lever they rotate inside the insulating jacket (rather than opening). The jacket isn't narrow enough and or the clips themselves are too narrow. My 8 year old son was unable to use these. Others here mentioned that the jacket/boot is too slippery and that's part of the issue too. If you pull off the jacket and clip them, the clips themselves are so narrow that they just rotate between your fingers rather than opening. Maybe tiny, strong and skilled fingers can use these but my fingers would have to develop a new skillset to use them and definitely a child under 10 years old couldn't use them. Overall, this really slows down clipping things on/off and defeats the purpose of using these. Also, the wire gauge is low so I wouldn't expect them to be used for anything over 100mA without the heating issues mentioned. I don't have an accurate measurement but I estimate that the resistance in one of these is between 0.5 and 1 ohms so at 100mA you can expect up to 100mV and 10mW drop in just one. If you cranked that up to say 1Amp you'd be looking at 1V drop and 1Watt which is a heating element (hmmm....maybe Elenco could market these as low cost heaters).
review image
on September 1, 2015
Unlike the other type which I reviewed, these are much less flimsy. They're a thicker gauge and they also actually have ratings printed on the wires which instills a bit more confidence than the unmarked, super tiny SE TL10 also sold on Amazon. Their resistance is also slightly lower.
on August 23, 2013
The quality seems fine enough for this price. They won't fall apart on you. This is a great value.

Do not use for high current applications. When debuging a problem with my toaster oven, I decided to bypass the thermostat with these clips to isolate the problem to the thermostat. The heating element worked, and indeed the thermostat was the problem, but the current draw was too high and within seconds the lead burned up. In short, don't use for high current. Even though high current is not what they are designed for, nowhere in the description is the wire gauge listed, so one star taken off.