5.0 out of 5 stars Be the Change, March 1, 2009
Zen Druid (Aloha, OR USA) - See all my reviews
Wow, how inspiring!

I really dislike hip-hip, rap, etc. Not just the sound of it, but the horribly negative messages it often puts out. So when I encountered this album and saw folks like Krishna Das, Jai Uttal, and Bhagavan Das on it I had to pause. When I read the titles and saw the words I was astonished. And when I put the CD on my player and listened I was moved, very very moved. This is a brilliant album, a work of love and inspiration, bhakti yoga at its finest. It moves the body, it moves the soul and mind into great rhythm and harmony. I can't help but wonder what our world would be like if this was playing out of every boom box in the land. What a great thing. Be the change that you want to see in the world, just like Gandhi. Wow. Peace out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative, inspiring, excellent, December 4, 2008
This review is from: Elephant Power (Audio CD)
I was looking for meditative music when I stumbled into MC Yogis' magical world of kirtan hiphop. This is the most fun telling of religious and inspiring stories I have ever heard. I recommend it to all my friends. Shanti.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, November 9, 2008
This review is from: Elephant Power (Audio CD)
I bought this on a whim and it's absolutely awesome. My kids love it and are learning while dancing and singing along. I just read an article on the artist in LA Yoga Magazine. I hope he releases another CD soon. We all can't stop listening to this one. Namaste.

4.0 out of 5 stars very upbeat, July 30, 2010
This review is from: Elephant Power (Audio CD)
I thought this would be a great way to introduce yoga philosphy to children with upbeat music. I was surprised by how much I enjoy it. My grandson and I have enjoyed the music together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hindu hip hop, March 11, 2013
nate (santa fe, nm, u.s.a.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elephant Power (Audio CD)
I like hip hop and i like hinduism. this is the cd for me. the beats are great - the mixing of hindu chanting and hip hop works really well.

5.0 out of 5 stars MC Yogi and sacred sound society OMG, December 8, 2012
This review is from: Elephant Power (MP3 Music)
MC yogi music is made by enlightened.people. It is freaken awesome, the meditations, visuals, movements are

Crazy, his music is loved by all types of people. I bump this on my Bose, sound link every where I go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, January 13, 2012
This review is from: Elephant Power (Audio CD)
I confess I utterly refused to let my kids listen to rap. I couldn't stand even being next to a car on the street with the vibs. Seemed so negative. Well I bought this based on Kriahna Das being in on it and the reviews - last night found me dancing, lost in a bakti fest with my 13 and 10 year olds breakdancing and pumping the harmonium, thunping the cello (wait till my 20+ year olds hear about this!). All of us were dancing,laughing and this is how it ought to be. Wow! Come on MC Yogi & friends can you line up another one like this? JAI!

5.0 out of 5 stars still love this CD, December 31, 2010
This review is from: Elephant Power (Audio CD)
I've been listening to this CD for over a year and still find that it lifts my mood every time I hear it. Especially good after a difficult day at work or when stuck in slow traffic. It seems like such an improbable mix -- providing both information about Hindu mythology and heart felt inspiration in such an upbeat way -- but it works!

5.0 out of 5 stars I hate hip-hop...but..., July 27, 2010
This review is from: Elephant Power (MP3 Music)
...I LOVE MC Yogi. I can't believe this but I keep listening to it over and over again. I've recommended it to several friends and they have really liked it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hindu Hip Hop, April 30, 2009
R. MARK Plummer (From the Former USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elephant Power (Audio CD)
Been digging this CD all week... Fave track is (currently) "Om Namah Shivayah" -

If you're thinking about getting this CD, click over to the mp3 department here at amazon and get an mp3 of "Om Namah Shivayah" or "Elephant Power" and spins those a few times to get an idea of what this joint is about... you'll probably enjoy them and end up with the whole CD.

I fell asleep last night with this CD spinning in the player & then as I hiked the sandy streets to work this morning I had Bhagavan Das chanting in my head and after a about a mile of that I found myself chanting aloud as I walked...with a big ol' smile on my face... this music is infectious stuff! Your Hindu children will love it...

"Jai Ganesha!"

Om Namah Shivayah.

Namaste.

Elephant Power
Elephant Power by MC Yogi (Audio CD - 2008)
Rate and Discover Movies