Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Elephant Vanishes: Stories
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on August 14, 2014
After reading a few short stories, I'm not finding them interesting and have moved on to other books. Maybe I should try one of his regular books sometime.
on March 5, 2012
This is a very unusual book. I can't say It was one of the best books I read but once I started a short story I couldn't put it down.
on October 23, 2008
If you get a chance to read this, don't. I listened to the audio version of the book and had to force myself to finish it because it was a selection of my book club. I kept hoping there might be some thread cleverly connecting the stories, but except for the character of Noboru Watanabe, who showed up in different guises in a few stories, that thread never materialized. Many of the stories seemed like so much navel-gazing, letting us in on the private thoughts of unremarkable people. While I, too, might have thoughts such as "Do bugs get cold?" I hardly consider them the stuff of literature. It's not that the quality of the writing itself was bad. Rather, the stories were boring and pointless.