|Listen Now with Prime Music Join Prime||Prime Members|
|New from||Used from|
Audio, Cassette, Import
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1)Hands Up- gets the CD off to a good start. One of the best party songs of the past few years. The perfect opener for this CD.
2)Labor Day- probably my favorite song on the CD. The beat is infectious, the vocals are top notch, and I think would be an even bigger hit than "Hey Mama" if they release it as a single.
3)Let's Get Retarded- the title threw me off at first, but they say right off the bat it's not meant to be offensive. It really is a good song and it's no wonder it is their latest single.
4)Hey Mama- yes, it's not the same version we heard on the radio, MTV, and VH1. Does that make this version bad? No, the track still holds up even without the excellent Fergie vocals heard on the single version.
5)Shut Up- I like the way this song sounds. The vocals play off each other very well, and even though it's about a disastrous relationship, you can still dance to it.
6)Smells Like Funk- another really good song. I like the beat.
7)Latin Girls- a little long, but it's still a really good song.
8)Sexy- I like the feel of this song. It's very smooth and it sounds great.
9)Fly Away- a great showcase for Fergie.Read more ›
1) Hands up - a high energy start to the album. The saxophone on this song is very jazzy, and has the whole song has a bit of a retro feel.
2) Labor Day - Pure Fun. You can really dance to this song.
3) Let's Get Retarded - This song starts out by saying that it means no disrespect (look up the lyrics if you're concerned about it) Actually, it uses "retarded" to describe losing control of your body when you dance. Anybody who listens to more than just the chorus of this song would realize this.
4) Hey Mama - Has a latin, almost jamaican, feel. Sounds a little like Sean Paul's "Get Busy." Fun song.
5) Shut Up - Fergie shines on this song! More pop sounding than the rest of the album, but it still has a groove. Fergie's vocals alone make this song worth listening to. Beautiful.
6) Smells like Funk - This also has a retro feel to it. Nothing particularly spectacular about this song, but it's still solid.
7) Latin Girls - Very latin feel to this one. Another fun song to dance to.
8) Sexy - Funktastically Beautiful Song. They did a nice job mixing the piano into this slower song.
9) Fly Away - This song is my absolute favorite - Fergie really shines on this one. A wonderfully free song... you just have to hear it.
10) The Boogie that Be - Mostly rap, with a classic sound to it.
11) The Elephunk Theme - An exotic song, with melodies that sound middle-eastern or Indian, blended with aggressive rap.Read more ›
Just so everyone buying the album for 'Hey Mama' knows, the lyrics were changed on the single version to avoid sounding too political ("then drop bombs like we're in the Middle East" was cut) and to add more of Fergie (her "off the richter" lyrics are not part of the CD version). Both versions basically sound the same other than the slightly altered lyrics though.
The first six tracks are all quite fast, then 'Latin Girls' slows it down quite a bit. 'The Apl Song' is one of my very favorites on the album. I absolutely love the lines "A version of my ghetto where life felt for real/Some would call it hell but to me it was heaven". The song is sung in both Tagalog and English, which sounds awesome. It's about having to work together and live off the land, and it truly is a very beautiful song.
Check out 'Elephunk' if you're a fan of Hip Hop, or even Pop. If you like 'Shut Up' and 'Hey Mama', chances are you'll love the album. The lyrics, vocals, and beats are all very good, and the album overall is awesome.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this, I'm so glad that another copy because my other one is not working anymore!Published 7 months ago by Jenneka
Didnt like at all. Sounded like a cheap version of songs i never heard ofPublished 10 months ago by linda
Great CD! The grooves are totally infectious, and Fergie mesmerizes! Lots of funky, R&B inflected, hip hop, dance/electronica, layered tracks, that you'll find yourself either... Read morePublished 12 months ago by CQ DX