5.0 out of 5 stars What a Voice!
Published on November 10, 2003 by Richard Fox

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's Zooey and Will Ferrell?
Published on November 21, 2005 by J. Gilmore

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Voice!, November 10, 2003
Who knew about the best kept secret in Hollywood? Zooey Deschanel has an amazing voice and it's worth getting just for the duet of Baby, It's Cold Outside. Like a young Judy Garland/Ella. Here is to hearing more from this untapped talent. Why they just didn't use her and Will Ferrell's duet from the movie I don't know. By the way the movie is FANTASTIC!!!! I'm going to see it again. An instant Christmas Classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Price Just for Zooey Deschanel, December 28, 2005
Zooey Deschanel, the gorgeous actress from movies like well..."Elf" "Almost Famous" "The Good Girl" and "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" is easily worth the price of this CD alone. Why she doesn't cut an entire album is beyond me, judging from the reviews of this CD a lot of people would buy it. She has a very sexy, kind of classic voice. This CD isn't that bad, as far as the other songs on it; Christmas classics you know. But, it wouldn't be the same without her.

1. Louis Prima "Pennies from Heaven"-5/5-A very jazzy/swingy song. It's really catchy though.

2. Ella Fitzgerald "Sleigh Ride"-5/5-I love this song and I love the way Ella Fitzgerald sings it.

3. Lena Home "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow"-4/5-I like this song but I'm not a big fan of how Home sings the song.

4. Ferrante and Teicher/Les Baxter "Sleigh Ride/Santa Claus Party"-5/5-The first part is an instrumental version of "Sleigh Ride". The second part is

"Santa Claus Party" which is a funny christmas song which is damn cool.

5. Zooey Deschanel & Leon Redbone "Baby It's Cold Outside"-5/5-This is a really cool song and Zooey Deschanel has a gorgeous voice. It was for Deschanel that I bought this album. Her voice is flawless and she sings this beautifully. I wish she would get into the studio and cut an album.

6. Jim Reeves "Jingle Bells"-4/5-It's Jingle Bells. Nothing more to say really.

7. Brian Setzer "Nutcracker Suite"-5/5-Very well done instrumental. Too long though.

8. Leon Redbone "Christmas Island"-5/5-I had never heard this song before, but it's pretty interesting.

9. Eartha Kitt "Santa Baby"-5/5-This song cracks me up. I've heard this song countless times, but I never bothered to check out the lyrics. Good song.

10. Leon Redbone "Winter Wonderland"-5/5-Awesome song. Redbone's voice sounds different on this song.

11. Eddy Arnold "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"-5/5-Arnold does a great cover of this song. I would've been happier if they would've put the cast of "Elf's version of it on here" (mostly due to Zooey Deschanel's voice featured on it.)

12. Billy Preston "Nothing From Nothing"-5/5-I had never heard this song before and this is not a Christmas song, per se. But, this guy Billy Preston has an interesting voice so it all works out.

A+

5.0 out of 5 stars A review of the CD, not Zooey, November 30, 2003
This seems to be pretty much just reviews of Zooey's voice, I'll put down my two cents on the actual CD...not just one track.
If you're into jazz/swing style music, and you're looking for a good Christmas album, this is it. Reall good strong songs all the way through. They aren't all christmas songs, but it's still one darn good CD.
I'd suggest it to anyone who wnats a little swing in their Christmas step.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm cuttin' out snowflakes., December 3, 2005
I'm not one who goes all out at Christmas, I think it's so exploited these days that I tend to hold out on the Christmas spirit as long as possible. So last Tuesday I got THIS CD and decided I'd listen to it before work. In fact, I listened to the CD twice so by the time I was at work I was gone. Let's just say the next day a lot of people in my office questioned who cut out and pasted all the snowflakes. I haven't made paper snowflakes in like 14 years. Coincidence? I don't think so. I just recommend you have some Christmas decorations or at least a lot of white paper and scissors around before you start listening to this CD, that's all I'm sayin'!

4.0 out of 5 stars Song Missing., December 6, 2005
chandler35 (Sanbornville, NH) - See all my reviews
This album is great and keeps the christmas spirit alive. The song that is playing when they run into Gimble's and jump on the bed, is "What Christmas Means To Me" - Stevie Wonder. Just letting anyone else know what it is so they don't go crazy looking Like I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Holiday Favorites, December 17, 2004
I love Christmas music and this collection is especially fun and charming! Ella Fitzgerald and Lena Horne's voices are so true that the old classics sound "fresh". Zooey Deschanel performs an appealing and sultry rendition of "Baby, It's Cold Outside".

It's a wonderfully upbeat holiday CD!

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's Zooey and Will Ferrell?, November 21, 2005
I wanted the movie version of the song, "Baby, It's Cold Outside", but was sadly disappointed to find out that Will's voice is replaced by Leon. I agree with the poster that said that the voices don't mix well, he definitely sounds like he's old enough to be her Grandfather. If they ever release another version with Zooey and Will/someone, I'll be sure to buy it!I listened to Holly Cole's version, but I think it's just not the same (she's too breathy at the parts where Zooey voice is strong). Still searching for a Zooey version of this song. If anyone wants to recommend me one, I'll all ears!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Christmas is back., November 22, 2003
This soundtrack showcases some great singers of past eras belting out holiday classics.
It is a great soundtrack that will instantly put you into the Christmas spirit.
I agree that they should have just put in the duet from the movie with Zooey and Will, but then again you can't argue with Leon Redbone.
This is a Christmas cd that people from any generation can appreciate and will be appreciated for many Christmas' to come.
And the movie is hilarious, I could not stop laughing, Will Ferrell is a comedic genious and James Caan does a great job as usual.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brrrrr, baby!, December 17, 2003
By A Customer
I finally saw Elf last night and thought the choice of tracks fit the movie perfectly...almost. I particularly enjoyed the onscreen version of Baby It's Cold Outside, but have to admit that the cd version which Zooey Deschanel sings with Leon Redbone just doesn't cut it for me...it's the sole reason this cd doesn't get five stars. Unfortunately, the duo is mismatched; it sounds like Zooey is singing with her grandfather, which really doesn't fit the sexy vibe of the song. That's not to take anything away from Redbone or Deschanel's individual talents. I'd certainly like to see and hear her sing again! But for a really fantastic version of Baby It's Cold Outside, check out Holly Cole's version -- the title track, no less -- on her Christmas album.
A great soundtrack for a wonderfully fun Christmas movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zoey!, November 17, 2004
I bought this just for the duet "Baby it's cold outside", Zoey Deschanel has such a lovely voices it gives me goosebumps.. she should really release a christmas album no doubt lots of people would buy it (someone should tell her agent that!). Really she has such a nice, warm holiday-ish voice I think even people who didnt like Elf considered her singing the hilight of the movie :)

Rate and Discover Movies