From the Manufacturer
The Most Powerful TV Tuner for your Mac
Watch, record, edit and enjoy TV on the Mac with EyeTV 250 Plus, a hybrid Mac TV tuner with a powerful hardware encoder for higher quality recordings and smaller video files. EyeTV 250 Plus receives free-to-air digital TV, analog cable, and unencrypted digital cable.
In addition, with its composite and S-Video inputs and powerful MPEG encoding hardware, the EyeTV 250 Plus is a complete, high quality solution for transferring your old analog tapes into the Mac.
- Powerful TV tuner and video converter
- Receives digital TV with an antenna, basic analog cable TV, and unencrypted digital cable (Clear QAM)
- Built-in MPEG compression hardware, making it the best choice for older, non-Intel Macs
- State-of-the-art chip technology for world-class TV tuner performance
- Includes award-winning EyeTV 3 software
| || |
Watch, pause, and rewind live television on your Mac at your desk or from the comfort of your couch.
Sit at your desk and navigate the resizable window with a mouse, or go full screen and stretch out on the couch with the included remote control. EyeTV’s gorgeous on-screen menus makes it easy to channel surf and move through the Program Guide and menus in the comfort of your living room.
EyeTV features a comprehensive built-in program guide, with detailed listings provided by TV Guide*.
You can easily record any show with one click. Even set up automatic schedules record your favorite series, or create Smart Schedules to record just the shows you like.
*includes one year of free service with optional renewal for only US $19.95 per year.
| || |
Use EyeTV’s built-in Editor to remove unwanted content from your recording, or to crop the beginning and end of the show. The Editor also enables you to create one or more short clips from a longer recording and save the clips individually as new EyeTV recordings.
With one click you can add your recordings to your iTunes library for syncing with your iPhone, iPod or Apple TV. Take your recordings wherever you go. Watch your recordings on your big-screen television with an Apple TV. Build up your iTunes library with all your favorites. EyeTV can even handle the exporting automatically when recordings finish, so it doesn't take any clicks at all.
| || |
EyeTV on your iPhone
The EyeTV 250 Plus also works with the new EyeTV app for the iPhone (optional; available at the iTunes App Store). With the EyeTV app, you can watch live TV wherever you have a WiFi connection; around the corner at the coffee shop or around the world.
- Macintosh® computer with a PowerPC® G4,G5 or Intel Core® processor**
- 512 MB of physical RAM
- a built-in USB 2.0 port
- Mac OS X v10.4.11 or later
- Internet connection required to download Program Guide data
**720p or 1080i HD features require an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
- Frequency Range: 48-862 MHz (VHF and UHF)
- Analog TV Standards: NTSC
- Digital TV Standards: ATSC, Clear QAM
Input and Output
- USB 2.0
- Antenna input: Standard F connector
- S-Video (via break out cable, included)
- Composite video (via break out cable, included)
- Stereo audio (via break out cable, included)
- IR remote control sensor
- High-quality real-time encoding
- Supports MPEG-2 and MPEG-1
- NTSC resolutions: up to 720x480, 30 fps
- PAL resolutions: up to 720x576, 25 fps
- SECAM resolutions: up to 720x576, 25 fps
- Variable and constant bit rate up to 15-Mbit/sec
- MPEG 1 Layer II
- Sampling rates of 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz
- Compressed bit rates up to 448 kbit/sec
EyeTV 250 Plus is a TV tuner and a powerful video converter in one device. Watch and pause live TV on your Mac. Record, subscribe to TV series, and create Smart Playlists. Edit out unwanted content and send your favorites to iTunes to sync automatically. Enjoy sharing EyeTV recordings over a local network with other Macs and accessing them on an iPod or iPhone via Wi-Fi. Store your collection on your Mac or external disc. EyeTV 250 Plus receives free over-the-air (OTA) HDTV, Clear QAM, and traditional analog TV, and comes with a composite video and S-Video break-out cable to connect a set-top box. EyeTV 250 Plus captures high quality video from analog sources such as a VCR or camcorder, comes with a VHS Assistant and iPod Assistant to guide you through the setup. EyeTV 250 Plus' built-in hardware encoder rapidly converts analog video to high quality digital video without using your Mac's processor.