EyeTV HD - The Ultimate Mac DVR for Premium Cable or Satellite TV
Watch, edit and enjoy cable and satellite television in high-definition with EyeTV HD, a full-featured DVR for your Mac. EyeTV HD is the only solution that gives you full access to all your premium content by connecting your Mac directly to your cable or satellite receiver. EyeTV HD comes with an infrared remote and channel changer cable ('IR blaster') for automatic control of the receiver.
- Captures premium television content in full HD from cable and satellite receivers
- Records in pristine H.264 format for a crystal clear digital picture
- Features a unique dual-format capture mode for fast playback on an iPhone and iPad
- Includes an infrared remote and channel changer cable (IR blaster) for automatic control of the receiver
Superb quality digital TV recordings
EyeTV HD records in the pristine H.264 format for a crystal clear, high-definition digital picture.The H.264 format delivers beautiful image quality and a superb compression ratio, which produces smaller file size when compared to MPEG-2 recordings. H.264 can match the best possible MPEG-2 quality at up to half the data rate.
Unique dual-format capture mode
EyeTV HD has a unique dual-format capture mode that enables you to record in the iPad and iPhone formats at the same time. This feature enables super-fast exports to iTunes from EyeTV, and facilitates the streaming of live and recorded TV to an iPhone or iPad using the optional EyeTV app
EyeTV HD is easy to setup and use; simply connect the EyeTV HD to the outputs of your cable or satellite receiver with the included component cables, and to your Mac via USB. Then position the included infrared channel changer cable nearby. The EyeTV software setup assistant takes you through a simple configuration process and in just a few minutes you'll be enjoying all your premium content like never before.
Watch, pause, and rewind live television on your Mac at your desk or from the comfort of your couch. Sit at your desk and navigate the resizable window with a mouse, or go full screen and stretch out on the couch with the included remote control. EyeTV’s gorgeous on-screen menus makes it easy to channel surf and move through the Program Guide and menus in the comfort of your living room.
EyeTV features a comprehensive built-in program guide, with detailed listings provided by TV Guide*.
You can easily record any show with one click. Even set up automatic schedules record your favorite series, or create Smart Schedules to record just the shows you like.
*includes one year of free service with optional renewal for only US $19.95 per year.
Use EyeTV’s built-in Editor to remove unwanted content from your recording, or to crop the beginning and end of the show. The Editor also enables you to create one or more short clips from a longer recording and save the clips individually as new EyeTV recordings.
With one click you can add your recordings to your iTunes library for syncing with your iPhone, iPad and more. Take your recordings wherever you go. Watch your recordings on your big-screen television with an Apple TV. Build up your iTunes library with all your favorites. EyeTV can even handle the exporting automatically when recordings finish, so it doesn't take any clicks at all.
EyeTV on your iPhone and iPad
The EyeTV HD also works with the optional EyeTV app for the iPhone and iPad (available at the iTunes App Store). With the EyeTV app, you can stream live or recorded TV wherever you have a WiFi or 3G connection; around the corner at the coffee shop or around the world.
How the EyeTV HD hooks up
- Macintosh 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
- 2 GB RAM
- Built-in USB 2.0 port
- Cable or satellite receiver with analog video and audio outputs (component output required for HD)
- Internet connection required to download Program Guide data
- Input formats: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, and 1080i video signals
- Video capture format: H.264 Main Profile, up to 15 Mbps VBR, 1920x1080 pixels at 30 fps max
- Audio capture format: AAC-LC, stereo, 160 Kbps, 48 kHz
- Video inputs: Component (YPbPr), Composite and S-Video
- Audio inputs: RCA stereo audio
- Set top box control: via included IR remote control emitter