5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Battery Powered Clock, with Lighted Dial
--- Nice Battery Powered Clock, neat Lighted Dial
I have only been testing and used it for 3 weeks -- Plastic case, nicely finished, good fit, not real heavy clock but still looks like it could take some abuse if it happened to take a fall, certainly it would be OK if it got knocked over on a table, not a problem. When you squeeze the case, you don't feel any flex...
Published on February 4, 2011 by DR

3.0 out of 5 stars Big & Bright Alarm Clock
Has easy to read dial- day & night; very large size; all plastic- so, lightweight (not nec. a plus); light is too bright to leave on all night (I do like the sensor feature that allows light to stay on all the time or be turned off), touch light works great, but I find a jarring blast of green light in the darkness too stimulating. Alarm is easy to set and increases in...
Published on June 2, 2011 by T. Beard

‹ Previous | 1 2 358 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars SUPER NOISEY and LARGE!!, August 21, 2011
This review is from: Elgin 3675E Battery-Operated Analog Alarm Clock (Kitchen)
Searched for travel alarm clocks and this one looked easy to read and very basic )a good thing).

When I opened the box, I was shocked with how large it was and when I the battery I supplied was
put in, the noise of clicking ticking mechanical sound was made. Loud enough to keep you awake and not a nice ticking
sound either. I'm returning it. Why this clock was ever in the travel alarm listings is a mystery!

1.0 out of 5 stars I sure hope it was damaged in transit because..., May 25, 2012
This review is from: Elgin 3675E Battery-Operated Analog Alarm Clock (Kitchen)
...otherwise this is the worst example of assembly I have ever seen. When i got my Elgin 3675E clock, the dial face was attached wrong, skewed about 20 degrees clockwise. The number 12 was where 1 should be, 1 was living in 2's home, 3 was at the 4 o'clock position and so on. The Amazon description said the clock used 2 "C" batteries, so I bought some. The clock uses 3 "AA" batteries! So, silly me, I thought I could live with the clock and its crooked face because of the automatic night-light feature--which worked perfectly by the way. But on 3 fresh batteries it loses time. About 15 minutes per hour. I can watch the sweep second hand stop and start as it runs. I want my money back!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled, July 23, 2011
This review is from: Elgin 3675E Battery-Operated Analog Alarm Clock (Kitchen)
Elgin is a famous name in clocks. This clock is an embarrassment to the brand. It still provides the old fashioned time of day, i.e., the hours and minutes hands work. But the alarm simply doesn't work. For two or three days it was fine. But then it stopped getting louder, and now when the faint alarm sound goes on, it stays on for only seconds before going off all by itself. Unless you have it next to your ear, you won't hear the faint sound in any case. And if you are depending on a clock to get you up on time, this isn't the one. There are just too few choices of traditional analog alarms now available, and it was a mistake to buy this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective clock, July 28, 2012
This review is from: Elgin 3675E Battery-Operated Analog Alarm Clock (Kitchen)
The company sent a clock with a manufacturing defect. The numbers on the face of the clock are not in the correct position. Example, the 5 is at the bottom of the clock where the 6 should be and 11 is in the 12 position. Consequently, the alarm does not work due to the numbers being in the wrong position. I am at a loss as to why this product was even sent to me when it is clearly a defective item. I am not satisfied with this item and I intend to return it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Constant lighted presence, November 26, 2011
This review is from: Elgin 3675E Battery-Operated Analog Alarm Clock (Kitchen)
This is an okay alarm clock that works well, is easy to set, has a nice snooze feature, and has an initial beeping alarm that is not too loud but loud enough to wake me with out startling me. If ignored, the alarm gets louder & more insistent by degrees - a good feature but I never need it. It is larger than I expected (bigger than a softball, for reference) but not huge. The second hand sweeps silently around the dial, no ticking - nice. I gave this a 3-star instead of 4 because the adjustable back light cannot be turned off, only down to quite dim. However, the item description leads one to believe it can be turned off. I don't like a light shining at me all night, so this clock is a constant irritation. If I had known it can't be turned off, I would not have purchased the clock. Also, since the back light can't be turned off, it makes the push-button light rather pointless.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought Two, One is Noisy, June 30, 2011
This review is from: Elgin 3675E Battery-Operated Analog Alarm Clock (Kitchen)
I bought two of these. In the middle of the night I woke up and heard a strange whirring noise from one of them. I had to remove the battery to fall back asleep.

Brief Description - They are considerably bigger than I expected. The alarm switch is on the side which means it is possible turn it on or off while reaching for the light button. Light is bright. If you enable the sensor, the light will turn on when it gets dark. I do not want this feature but, if you want a bright light on all night, it seems to work fine. At first, they were absolutely silent.

The quiet one seems OK. The other will be returned.

1.0 out of 5 stars So Disappointed in Redesign of this Clock!, September 15, 2011
This review is from: Elgin 3675E Battery-Operated Analog Alarm Clock (Kitchen)
I purchased this clock when it was powered by a C battery and would have rated it Five Stars. Unfortunately when I re-ordered it recently, it had been redesigned. It is now powered by 3 AA batteries which do not fit into its compartment, and so do not provide power to the clock for it to run! A clock that does not run is no use to me or anyone else. I am returning the new clock along with several others I ordered with the same problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars If this could be rated with negative stars I would., October 8, 2013
This review is from: Elgin 3675E Battery-Operated Analog Alarm Clock (Kitchen)
I'm very dissapointed. The d@mn thing eats batteries. the longest use was three days from brand new lithiium AA cells. This was with the the bells and whistles (lighted dial turned off).

It doesn't matter what brand or type of battery you use. regular, alkaline etc. with in two days the batteries are run down to under a volt and the clock stops.

This clock was a waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard on Batteries, October 28, 2012
This review is from: Elgin 3675E Battery-Operated Analog Alarm Clock (Kitchen)
I bought 2 of these this past summer. The first one has been great. However the second one kept burning up batteries. I put new batteries in 3 or 4 times and each set lasted only about one day. I assume that it was a rare case for this clock. It would be too much effort to return something that didn't cost much, so I will just eat the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value and Just What I Wanted, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Elgin 3675E Battery-Operated Analog Alarm Clock (Kitchen)
I searched for a battery-powered clock for a specific purpose: We needed an illuminated cordless clock to show the time while watching night-time TV in our dimly lit family room. This fits the bill very well. With the auto-illumination activated, the clock face lights softly when the clock is placed in a relatively dark area of the TV table below the TV where the DVD player and cable box are located (we have the cable box set to show the channel, not the time, when the box is ON). The cordless portability allows the clock to be moved anywhere.

If we need an alarm clock for guests or for an anticipated power outage, here it is. The clock face is large enough to easily read from across the room, yet the overall clock is barely larger than the face. I bought ours on-line elsewhere and it is the same clock, but it's powered by three AA batteries, plenty of which I always have on hand for many uses (I don't have any need for C cells). The clock is well-made, inexpensive, has great features and fills the bill for us. All things considered, I give it 5-stars.

UPDATE Nov. 25, 2012: As a battery-operated alarm clock, this came in VERY handy when Hurricane Sandy hit us in NJ and caused a power outage for eight days. The progressive alarm wakes you gradually from gently to assertively--very nice feature. Have since bought two more of these clocks for family and will buy yet another as a Christmas gift. Everyone likes them and the original one described above is working just fine with its original batteries. Very pleased.

‹ Previous | 1 2 358 | Next ›