Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Package Quantity: 1|Change
Price:$38.18+ Free shipping

on July 28, 2012
The company sent a clock with a manufacturing defect. The numbers on the face of the clock are not in the correct position. Example, the 5 is at the bottom of the clock where the 6 should be and 11 is in the 12 position. Consequently, the alarm does not work due to the numbers being in the wrong position. I am at a loss as to why this product was even sent to me when it is clearly a defective item. I am not satisfied with this item and I intend to return it.
on June 9, 2011
I bought this clock for my 89 year old mother who has vision problems. It is easy for her to set and turn off the alarm. No fussy little buttons to get frustrated over. I actually ordered a second one!
on July 23, 2011
Elgin is a famous name in clocks. This clock is an embarrassment to the brand. It still provides the old fashioned time of day, i.e., the hours and minutes hands work. But the alarm simply doesn't work. For two or three days it was fine. But then it stopped getting louder, and now when the faint alarm sound goes on, it stays on for only seconds before going off all by itself. Unless you have it next to your ear, you won't hear the faint sound in any case. And if you are depending on a clock to get you up on time, this isn't the one. There are just too few choices of traditional analog alarms now available, and it was a mistake to buy this one.
on October 28, 2012
I bought 2 of these this past summer. The first one has been great. However the second one kept burning up batteries. I put new batteries in 3 or 4 times and each set lasted only about one day. I assume that it was a rare case for this clock. It would be too much effort to return something that didn't cost much, so I will just eat the cost.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 16, 2015
When I first opened the plastic wrapping I was blown away by the incredibly cheap look and feel of this alarm clock. I quickly got over it, though, because at that price what else did I expect? I purchased this Elgin clock so I wouldn't have to rely on my iPhone as an alarm, and despite its almost cartoonishly cheap quality, it works.

The clock is a little bigger than I was expecting, but it still fits on the window ledge near my bed. You can adjust the illumination level, and I never have any difficulty setting the clock, even in the dark. (Please see attached photos, which will give you an idea of the brightness at night.) The alarm's ascending noise level has never failed to jolt me out of even the deepest sleep. (I attached a short video demonstrating the alarm ring.) And the big snooze button is easy to hit -- even when I'm groggy and disoriented. The clock requires three AA batteries, and unlike some complaints I read about it making a noisy ticking sound, I haven't had any issue with it.

In sum, please know in advance that this is an incredibly cheap clock. But it does work.
on October 8, 2013
I'm very dissapointed. The d@mn thing eats batteries. the longest use was three days from brand new lithiium AA cells. This was with the the bells and whistles (lighted dial turned off).

It doesn't matter what brand or type of battery you use. regular, alkaline etc. with in two days the batteries are run down to under a volt and the clock stops.

This clock was a waste of money.
on August 21, 2011
Searched for travel alarm clocks and this one looked easy to read and very basic )a good thing).

When I opened the box, I was shocked with how large it was and when I the battery I supplied was
put in, the noise of clicking ticking mechanical sound was made. Loud enough to keep you awake and not a nice ticking
sound either. I'm returning it. Why this clock was ever in the travel alarm listings is a mystery!
on September 15, 2011
I purchased this clock when it was powered by a C battery and would have rated it Five Stars. Unfortunately when I re-ordered it recently, it had been redesigned. It is now powered by 3 AA batteries which do not fit into its compartment, and so do not provide power to the clock for it to run! A clock that does not run is no use to me or anyone else. I am returning the new clock along with several others I ordered with the same problem.
on November 26, 2011
This is an okay alarm clock that works well, is easy to set, has a nice snooze feature, and has an initial beeping alarm that is not too loud but loud enough to wake me with out startling me. If ignored, the alarm gets louder & more insistent by degrees - a good feature but I never need it. It is larger than I expected (bigger than a softball, for reference) but not huge. The second hand sweeps silently around the dial, no ticking - nice. I gave this a 3-star instead of 4 because the adjustable back light cannot be turned off, only down to quite dim. However, the item description leads one to believe it can be turned off. I don't like a light shining at me all night, so this clock is a constant irritation. If I had known it can't be turned off, I would not have purchased the clock. Also, since the back light can't be turned off, it makes the push-button light rather pointless.
on June 30, 2011
I bought two of these. In the middle of the night I woke up and heard a strange whirring noise from one of them. I had to remove the battery to fall back asleep.

Brief Description - They are considerably bigger than I expected. The alarm switch is on the side which means it is possible turn it on or off while reaching for the light button. Light is bright. If you enable the sensor, the light will turn on when it gets dark. I do not want this feature but, if you want a bright light on all night, it seems to work fine. At first, they were absolutely silent.

The quiet one seems OK. The other will be returned.