5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Little Machine
This fog machine is good for a small production or party use. I used it to simulate a volcano eruption with excellent effect. Here are some of the answers to questions I had before I bought the machine. Hope this will help you:
1. The size of the machine is 8.5" x 6" x 6"
2. There is a bottle in the back where you pour the fog juice in
3. On the right side,...
Published on September 10, 2008 by Cyrus

2.0 out of 5 stars Remote controlled only
Published on December 28, 2011 by thrippy7

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Little Machine, September 10, 2008
This review is from: Eliminator Lighting Fog Machines EF-400 Fog Machine (Electronics)
1. The size of the machine is 8.5" x 6" x 6"
2. There is a bottle in the back where you pour the fog juice in
3. On the right side, there is a slot, so you can see the level of the liquid
4. On the left side, on top is the plug in for the remote control; below that is the fuse; and on the bottom is the power cable.
5. The power cable is 6' long
6. The remote control has a 10' long cable. On the remote control, there is a light on top with an on/off switch on the bottom.
7. According to the specs, the container in the fog machine can hold 1 pint of juice.
8. To create fog, fill the tank with juice, plug in the machine, in about 4 minutes the light on the remote control will light up, signaling the machine is hot enough to use. Press and hold the spring loaded on/off switch will release fog from the nozzle.
9. When the juice is heated up, you can release 40 seconds of fog before it need to reheat the element again, which takes about 3 minutes.
10. I have filled half the tank with juice, it lasted me for a good hour of use.

Note: Some people complained that this machine plugged up after couple of use. Try this: dump out the juice and fill it with water. Heat up the machine again and press the button until steam comes out. This will clean the nozzle of juice and it will be ready for the next use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice for the size and price, February 14, 2009
Dont use the cheap fog liquid as it smells bad and gums up the system if you leave it in too long.

I got this last year for a small party and had the smoke alarm going off in my basement within seconds. This beast puts out lots of fog and does a nice job.

It does get hot and drips at the front if you spray for too long but it does do what it's supposed to. Also note that the cap on the machine doesn't seal well and will drip if you angle the unit too much.

Keep it away from walls and floors as the oil will collect on them and leave you with a mess to clean up later. It's best on a stand 3-4 feet off the ground.

Overall build quality is very nice. Metal case, compact, nice bracket, lighted remote telling you when it's ready.

The threads on the tank are plastic as is the cap and can be damaged if you cross thread which is quite easy...

4.0 out of 5 stars A great prop for a school play!, July 1, 2007
Amazon Customer (Decatur, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
I got this fog machine to donate to my son's school play. The machine did exactly as expected, making lots to fog for the light to shine through in a beautiful and mysterious way. A couple of times during the performances, the "ready" light went off on the remote control just before the fog was needed, but the machine delivered anyway. I think this will be used again, for plays and dances. The kids love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars USE the right Juice, June 1, 2011
UPDATED REVIEW (April 2012): Throw out the free fog juice they give you with the machine and go right to Froggy's Swamp Juice. I just switched to Froggy's and this little machine is now truly amazing. Please read my review on Froggy's Swamp Juice for the details, but just know that switching to the right juice has made all the difference in the world. It really has made the entire fogging experience 100% satisfaction with zero complaints. I wish I had switched earlier.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I am pleasantly surprised at the amount of fog this thing puts out....and for such a low price. Wow!

It heats up in less than 5 minutes and pumps out way more fog than I ever expected out of such a small cheap fogger. Perfect! Using it in conjunction with a DJ mushroom light indoors for parties, I have discovered that the fog hangs around long enough UNLESS I have the ceiling fans going. No surprise there. It's just something I hadn't thought about before. So with the fans off I activate it about every 10 minutes and just long enough to compliment the lights. But it is capable of producing so much more fog than I need.

I don't know if this is really necessary, but within 48 hours after I'm done using it, I pump distilled water through it. I just pour the leftover fog juice back in the container. Flush out the tank with tap water. Pour some distilled water in it. Heat it up and run it a time or two where it will pump out steam rather than fog. Then pour the rest of the distilled water out. So far, it keeps working like a champ. I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you don't keep them cleaned out the jets will clog or the pump will fail. I've done this "use it a few hours then clean it within a day or two" routine about 3 to 5 times now and as I said, working like a champ.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, June 19, 2010
This was great. I thought that would create mist but it created fog. It uses fog juice (comes with a bottle)quickly and it needed to reheat about every 45 secs. It also made the smoke alarms go off So use this outside. I made a fog chiller with this and it made a good chiller. Not very light or portable either. When unplugged it will let extra fog out of the nozzle about every minute. So when unplugged you should let it cool for about 10 minutes before let in the house. This was still a great machine and i recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Gem! A Workhorse for the Money. Great Value., February 12, 2011
I was a little nervous going for something so inexpensive yet expecting a solid performance with club lighting in my media room. I wasn't disappointed.

My media room is 20' x 13' with a 10' ceiling and the Eliminator is capable of filling the room with smoke in less than 2 cycles (about 3 minutes). It provides enough smoke density to bring my ceiling mounted club lights to life. It heats up in next to no time (2 to 3 minutes) and the first burst will last around 20 seconds during which time I hold the machine pointing towards my lights. A minute or so later and it's ready to go again and this time my room is full of smoke and my lights are dancing to the music like crazy. It literally converts my room into a mini night club within minutes. After the first two bursts, I may need to fire smoke every 10 minutes or so depending on the desired effect.

I am really pleased with the solid build and performance of this little machine. It's just simply great value for money. Please note, that I did have to disable my smoke detector.

If your room is of similar dimensions to mine, you can buy with confidence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I expect it to, January 16, 2012
Good machine. After doing extensive research on a fog machine to use for my photoshoots, this one seems to have the best reviews so I took the plunge and bought it. Tested it out in the garage after a shoot and it filled up the whole room in 2-3 minutes, which was surprising. Didn't smell at all and it was very interesting. Can't wait to use on an outside shoot to get that mystical type of look.

2.0 out of 5 stars Remote controlled only, December 28, 2011
Bought this for a halloween haunted house accessory. Unfortunately we found out later that to be used someone has to actually press the button and it can only be done about every 5 minutes. This is pretty inconvenient as we were not planning on sitting their and pressing the button every time someone walked through. A timer or sensor would have been a much needed accessory to this. Price was right, but I would've been happy to pay extra for a little more convenience.

4.0 out of 5 stars well done., October 13, 2011
i bought this smoke machine to increase the effects of my laser light show, and it does EXACTLY that and very well, seems well made, simple design, EVEN COMES WITH SOME FOG FLUID! i bought a gallon of fog juice to go with it that hadnt arrived by the time the machine had and was pleasantly surprised to find it came with its own, allowing me to party right out of the box. the corded remote is very handy and the cord is plenty long, would be nice if it had a cordless remote but id imagine that would make the unit much more expensive, it would also be nice if you could set it to automatically emit fog periodically rather than pressing the remote every time, but i suppose it prevents the machine from putting out TOO much fog in the room, not really a problem.

the only thing i would complain about is that theres no power off switch so i have to unplug it every time i want to turn it off to save electricity (the heating element keeps itself heated on standby) but once again, a very MINOR inconvenience.

all in all i would definitely recommend to a friend and at the on sale price of $30 i got it at, i couldnt be happier with my purchase, great value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fog machine, March 26, 2011
well its good but no good enough. it doesn't really create much fog with the fog juice it give you but i would recommend you guys buy something more professional.

Eliminator Lighting Fog Machines EF-400 Fog Machine