5.0 out of 5 stars definately worth it!
Dec 12,2010 :
First light I bought. I an very pleased with it. Don't bother with static mode, its boring. I leave it in the automatic mode where it goes to music.It will be better with fog and more of them on a chase effect.
May 15,2012 :
Published on December 23, 2010 by YipYipFox

3.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed
The Moonbeam is exactly what I needed. It isn't a centerpiece but it's an excellent addition to a decent light show. You really need a fog machine for this to be much more than lights on the celling.

Published on June 29, 2010 by Wilt Chamberlin

3.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, June 29, 2010
This review is from: Eliminator E-103 Moon Beam (Electronics)

It worked perfect right out of the box. It includes 3 different sets of mirrors but you will have to open the unit to change these so decide ahead of time what will look good.

It comes with a 3-way switch that has always on, sound activated and stoped. You have to unplug it for it to be off. Weird I know but I'll wire in an online switch later.

This unit is basically a lightbulb with a motor to turn the mirror. It runs pretty hot so be aware of this when you look for a place to set it up.

It comes in an all metal housing with a good mounting bracket included. I just used a c-clamp so I could remove it easily when I was done.

Like I said with a fog machine the moonbeam looked good and overall it worked beautifully..

5.0 out of 5 stars definately worth it!, December 23, 2010
Dec 12,2010 :
May 15,2012 :
Still have this light.Used it at many venues, It really breaks up the monotony of a simple line dancer or laser. You can change out the arrays for multi color or white. I use multi color and keep it on sound activated mode. And about the "duty cycle" ignore it. I ran mine for hours and it is fine. Just pack up your lights last after a gig ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't get it to work right. Update much better, January 1, 2012
This review is from: Eliminator E-103 Moon Beam (Electronics)
Maybe I'm just stupid or not playing my music loud enough but I just can't get music sync to work. The instructions are limited and it just keeps spinning or doesn't move at all Both the I and II symbol just spin and the center one stays static. I bought this just for music sync and it won't work. Just frustrated with it. Be Careful
Update now that amazon flew a replacement to my house (thanks by the way)
It works great reacts to music and is pretty cool I am not a dj and bought this for personal use and party's the only reason I didn't give it five stars is that the defective one left a bad taste in my mouth (yeah I know, that's what she said) but I would recommend for both djs and private users the hardware is a little cheap but the unit is of good weight and feels good.

4.0 out of 5 stars good as an add on light, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Eliminator E-103 Moon Beam (Electronics)
Here is a review from a professional mobile DJ's perspective.

Pros: sturdy design, bright, simple to use, just plug and play, sound active.

Cons: One out of 2 lights worked. Rotation on one didn't work when I received it. I contacted the seller so we'll see how it goes. Need more than one if you are going to use these alone.

This is a very nice light. It has a bit of heft to it so it should stand up to any abuse you throw at it. The colored mirrors are easy to change and took less than 5 minutes.
Yes, the unit does get WARM but not hot. Properly placed, this unit poses no injury/fire hazard. But I wouldn't recommend holding it while its on. This unit is decently bright. Its not blinding, but it can be seen easily even with the lights on. This light is great with, or without fog. It has 3 color wheels to chose from. A full color mirror, a colored tunnel effect, and an all white mirror. The white one is good for slow dances, and the colored ones are good for just about any occasion. It has 3 modes. Static, continuous rotation, and sound active.
Overall this light is easy to use, and quite sturdy. I would recommend it to professionals, as well as consumers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Disco Party, February 16, 2010
This review is from: Eliminator E-103 Moon Beam (Electronics)
The light made my living room completely resemble a traditional dance floor for my daughters 10th party

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Light!, June 18, 2012
This review is from: Eliminator E-103 Moon Beam (Electronics)
Just received this light today. Arrived within a week of purchase, which is good considering shipping was free! Light worked perfectly without any issues, didn't come with any instructions for changing the rotating mirrors, but was simple enough to figure out. I thought one of the modes was broken but turns out it is sound activated! I was very pleased to discover this, played some upbeat music and it went to life, moving with the beat. Music didn't have to be very loud to get it going. Overall I am very pleased with this product, came with 3 interchangeable mirrors, and 2 extra fuses. Packaging was very safe with plenty of protection.

1.0 out of 5 stars Okay until it died after about 5 hours of using it., May 26, 2012
This review is from: Eliminator E-103 Moon Beam (Electronics)
It's large, heavy and makes a lot of noise while it's running. Don't even think about touching it while it's running. It gets down right hot to the touch. This unit might have been good about twenty years ago but don't waste your money on this one today. It would be a garage sell find at a buck but not worth the money at this price. To top it all off, it died after my second Rock Band Party. You can pass on this one and you won't miss a thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great low cost lighting effect., February 25, 2013
This review is from: Eliminator E-103 Moon Beam (Electronics)
I work as a DJ and lighting technician in a small local club. Used the moon beam for the first time this weekend and loved it. My primary lighting effect is an Asteroid, but unfortunately that unit has a duty cycle- needs to take a 10-15 minute rest every so often or it overheats. With the color mirror installed, this unit works great to fill in the color beam effect during the asteroid's down time. When used with a laser, I don't think the crowd even noticed the lighting had changed. Not sure I'd recommend using as a replacement for an asteroid type effect, as this unit is pretty uni-directional. With the white mirror (or the colored I suppose, if the client wanted that) I could see this being really useful for some of my mobile functions. The white ring of light beams (as seen through fog) would make a great "sort-of" spotlight for something like the couple's first dance at a wedding or maybe proms or quince's- anything with a formal, slow dancing period.

Overall definitely a good value in a light. Just make sure to use fog to get the full effect- a great scattering of light beams with it, small spots on the floor without.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok it started smoking after 5 minutes, August 23, 2012
ChrisB. (Michigan,USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eliminator E-103 Moon Beam (Electronics)
This light is ok. But it started smoking after 5 minutes. The thing is that the metal blocking the Halogen bulb starts smoking. No wires do. But I just did not wanna deal with the smell too. This light looks amazing in fog. Also this is a light that you have to use a lot for it wont smoke or get to the 15 on 15 off duty cycle. When I first got it I would use it 10on 15 off. But check out the video I posted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Moon beam, February 11, 2012
This review is from: Eliminator E-103 Moon Beam (Electronics)
This is a great light but right from the box it started smoking. Still haven't really fixed that but otherwise I love it. I don't have this but for the full effect get a fogger so you can see the beams from the light to where it is shining.

Eliminator E-103 Moon Beam