Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 29, 2010
The Moonbeam is exactly what I needed. It isn't a centerpiece but it's an excellent addition to a decent light show. You really need a fog machine for this to be much more than lights on the celling.

It worked perfect right out of the box. It includes 3 different sets of mirrors but you will have to open the unit to change these so decide ahead of time what will look good.

It comes with a 3-way switch that has always on, sound activated and stoped. You have to unplug it for it to be off. Weird I know but I'll wire in an online switch later.

This unit is basically a lightbulb with a motor to turn the mirror. It runs pretty hot so be aware of this when you look for a place to set it up.

It comes in an all metal housing with a good mounting bracket included. I just used a c-clamp so I could remove it easily when I was done.

Like I said with a fog machine the moonbeam looked good and overall it worked beautifully..
on December 23, 2010
Dec 12,2010 :
First light I bought. I an very pleased with it. Don't bother with static mode, its boring. I leave it in the automatic mode where it goes to music.It will be better with fog and more of them on a chase effect.
May 15,2012 :
Still have this light.Used it at many venues, It really breaks up the monotony of a simple line dancer or laser. You can change out the arrays for multi color or white. I use multi color and keep it on sound activated mode. And about the "duty cycle" ignore it. I ran mine for hours and it is fine. Just pack up your lights last after a gig ;)
on June 5, 2013
Here is a review from a professional mobile DJ's perspective.

Pros: sturdy design, bright, simple to use, just plug and play, sound active.

Cons: One out of 2 lights worked. Rotation on one didn't work when I received it. I contacted the seller so we'll see how it goes. Need more than one if you are going to use these alone.

This is a very nice light. It has a bit of heft to it so it should stand up to any abuse you throw at it. The colored mirrors are easy to change and took less than 5 minutes.
Yes, the unit does get WARM but not hot. Properly placed, this unit poses no injury/fire hazard. But I wouldn't recommend holding it while its on. This unit is decently bright. Its not blinding, but it can be seen easily even with the lights on. This light is great with, or without fog. It has 3 color wheels to chose from. A full color mirror, a colored tunnel effect, and an all white mirror. The white one is good for slow dances, and the colored ones are good for just about any occasion. It has 3 modes. Static, continuous rotation, and sound active.
Overall this light is easy to use, and quite sturdy. I would recommend it to professionals, as well as consumers.
on January 1, 2012
Maybe I'm just stupid or not playing my music loud enough but I just can't get music sync to work. The instructions are limited and it just keeps spinning or doesn't move at all Both the I and II symbol just spin and the center one stays static. I bought this just for music sync and it won't work. Just frustrated with it. Be Careful
Update now that amazon flew a replacement to my house (thanks by the way)
It works great reacts to music and is pretty cool I am not a dj and bought this for personal use and party's the only reason I didn't give it five stars is that the defective one left a bad taste in my mouth (yeah I know, that's what she said) but I would recommend for both djs and private users the hardware is a little cheap but the unit is of good weight and feels good.
on June 18, 2012
Just received this light today. Arrived within a week of purchase, which is good considering shipping was free! Light worked perfectly without any issues, didn't come with any instructions for changing the rotating mirrors, but was simple enough to figure out. I thought one of the modes was broken but turns out it is sound activated! I was very pleased to discover this, played some upbeat music and it went to life, moving with the beat. Music didn't have to be very loud to get it going. Overall I am very pleased with this product, came with 3 interchangeable mirrors, and 2 extra fuses. Packaging was very safe with plenty of protection.
on February 25, 2013
I work as a DJ and lighting technician in a small local club. Used the moon beam for the first time this weekend and loved it. My primary lighting effect is an Asteroid, but unfortunately that unit has a duty cycle- needs to take a 10-15 minute rest every so often or it overheats. With the color mirror installed, this unit works great to fill in the color beam effect during the asteroid's down time. When used with a laser, I don't think the crowd even noticed the lighting had changed. Not sure I'd recommend using as a replacement for an asteroid type effect, as this unit is pretty uni-directional. With the white mirror (or the colored I suppose, if the client wanted that) I could see this being really useful for some of my mobile functions. The white ring of light beams (as seen through fog) would make a great "sort-of" spotlight for something like the couple's first dance at a wedding or maybe proms or quince's- anything with a formal, slow dancing period.

Overall definitely a good value in a light. Just make sure to use fog to get the full effect- a great scattering of light beams with it, small spots on the floor without.
on May 26, 2012
It's large, heavy and makes a lot of noise while it's running. Don't even think about touching it while it's running. It gets down right hot to the touch. This unit might have been good about twenty years ago but don't waste your money on this one today. It would be a garage sell find at a buck but not worth the money at this price. To top it all off, it died after my second Rock Band Party. You can pass on this one and you won't miss a thing.
on July 26, 2011
This light was very nice for the money. We used it at a rave dance party along with some other lights. This one was aimed at the ceiling and it looked cool. Ran all night with no problems. I recommend using 2 or 3 together for a nice effect or to complement other more expensive lights.
on August 23, 2012
This light is ok. But it started smoking after 5 minutes. The thing is that the metal blocking the Halogen bulb starts smoking. No wires do. But I just did not wanna deal with the smell too. This light looks amazing in fog. Also this is a light that you have to use a lot for it wont smoke or get to the 15 on 15 off duty cycle. When I first got it I would use it 10on 15 off. But check out the video I posted.
on May 16, 2014
I had much higher hopes for this light. They are a simple concept, but Eliminator made them TOO simple, sacrificing safety for savings.

These lights need a fan, or at least some more vents. The lens and the mirror dish just bounce heat back and forth, with the 50-watt bulb in the middle creating all the heat. There are vents on the back, but this needs more vents and a fan. The one I received got so hot that it started smoking and I unplugged it and returned it.

This also runs way too fast for a moon beam effect in my opinion. Moon beams that can be used as a white effect like these could be a more mellow effect, and it's just too fast to achieve that, but isn't dynamic enough, even on sound-active mode for a "wow" effect. This light falls somewhere in between "wow" and mellow. It runs way too fast to be a mellow effect, but isn't dynamic enough to be an exciting effect.

I could be in the minority, though. Maybe mine wasn't supposed to run that fast and that's why it started smoking.

Great price, but still not a great bargain, especially with a limited duty cycle.

The seller I used was awesome and handled the return well.

See 1 answered question