Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 21, 2013
I purchased this for a birthday party expecting to last no longer than party itself..I was wrong.. Few friends who has seen this is asking to borrow to use it at their parties..they did..It is still working...

I placed it on the ground (not on wood floor please), as touching parts get hot..You can use the clamp part as support on the floor as it does not get as hot as the body of the box instead of placing up (unlike the product photo, you can place the clamp on the bottom).

-Its sound sensitivity is working well, can be adjusted.
-Also, you can adjust the speed of rotation.floor seems to be the best option for occasional use.
-Both controls are on the back.
-Putting on the floor, tilting 45 degrees covers a lot of ground and ceiling area. I opted out to drill a hole on the wall or ceiling to hand this..
-Multiple colors and shapes.

Verdict: BUT IT !
on June 14, 2010
I have used this light before in my DJ business and was delighted with it until it finally gave up the ghost. I tried a different brand and was totally disappointed but was excited when I found these and at such a great price... Now my clients are smiling because my big light is working great! I would buy from this seller again... Fast shipper. John pershing Smith [...]
on April 18, 2012
Lots of fun. Lights dance to music and the steps of our fashion models. Takes quite a bit of volume to make it work though. Crank up the sound and have fun. It is BIG and heavy. we just set it on the floor and it is very efective.
on January 11, 2012
Purchased for a disco I set up in my garage. Works really well and moves to the music. I had it running non-stop for six hours with no issues - just plugged into a regular wall outlet.
on February 25, 2012
I ordered this light and it was at my door within a good span of time. When I got it and opened it, I was surprised at the large size of this. Me and one of my friends have used this for one party and it worked great. This light is professional, it is great also because it moves to the beat and only moves to sound. This light also only picks up your required sensitivity to sound, which is great. The double derby is bright, and fills up the room. I was satisfied even more when I gushed fog into the room the light beams looked amazing and I was throughly happy with this light. I also kept it on for more than 3 hours, but the directions say to only keep on for 10 minutes, and then turn it off for 10 minutes. The only problem I have with this is that the machine gets hot and added the heat inside the room. You need good ventilation when using this light. I bought this light for $56, I am very pleased with my purchase. Buy this light, its worth it.
on February 21, 2013
Bought it for my son who loves to DJ as a hobby. It's a great hit at parties. Has the right interfaces and lights are bright enough for a 30' x 30' room. Haven't had to replace bulbs in over a year now.
on May 17, 2013
I love the amount of light you get from these for the price. The built in microphone works well, you just have to have the music up load or the speaker really close. I actually prefer this old halogen technology to the new LEDs because they put out a lot more light for a lot less money. This is a good way to fill up a large area with a cool effect light.
on December 8, 2011
I am not a dj....but I bought the Double Derby for my house parties. I want to give the illusion that you are in a night club. Imagine everyones faces when they come to a house party, and they see that you own this professional light. People will be getting up to dance to the rhythim of the lights. I did a lot of research and I got a very good deal through Amazon $56.95 plus free shipping. The unit is heavy but I am happy with the quality it is very well built.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2013
This lighting is pretty cool for the price. I've used it for having house shows and it's looked good with different kinds of musicians, ranging from experimental-electronic to garage rock. Totally worth the price! It's pretty big/heavy and we can't hang it up, so we have to set it on the ground in the corner but it still lights up the walls.
on December 17, 2012
make a lot of heat and a lot of sound ! very big as well !did not work for us had to return it ! got very hot and the sound was very annoying !