Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Elixir Arm Cooler Cooling Sleeves Black Arm Sleeves, 1 Pair, C3D-B
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 29, 2011
I purchases these for my employees that have arm tatoos. Both Male and Female, and all have no issues with them. The price is good and they last awhile and are not wearing. The tops do stretch out after usage, and shrink back after washing. The nice thing with these is there is (2) sleeves in the package. All other product are (1) sleeve. There cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2011
The Pros:
Nicely made, of 4-way stretchy nylon-type material [fabric weight falls inbetween a man's fine dress sock and a woman's stocking].

The "elbow" area of the sleeve is indeed knitted differently from the rest of the sleeve, though I don't know how much that contributes to the fit.

It is comfortable to wear, and it does seem to block sunrays [I also use sunblock on my arms].

The packaging is bi-lingual, though there are only a few words of English.

The Cons:
Too snug for athletic or big arms. My arms measure about 8 1/2 inches at the wrist, about 13 1/2 ins. at the forearm just below the elbow, and about 15 1/2 inches near the bicep. These sleeves are just too snug [too tightly fitting] to wear comfortably above the elbow. I've been wearing them just on the forearm for cycling; the fit is still snug, but not uncomfortable [I let the excess material fold over at the wrist].

Overall: Nice, well-sewn affordable arm sleeves, but watch the FIT...this is "one size fits most/many" but NOT ALL.
on July 19, 2011
I purchased this item and was pleasantly surprised to receive it in only 3 days. I put the sleeves on and found them to be very tight (I'm not a real big guy). There was no option for size. I wore them for a round of golf and found them (except for the tightness) to work pretty well. I put them in the wash and when they came out, the hems were all tattered. If there were any washing instructions on the package, I was unable to read them as the writing was all in Chinese. At nearing $10 a round, I find these to be unacceptable. I've never written a review before but figure you should know this if your are looking to buy this item.
33 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2014
Yeah I'll give these guys 5 stars!!! They said they upgraded my order from the C3D-B style, to the "2014 new upgraded model" E3D-B. Cool. But, if you got guns 20" or over it's pretty tight. 24"-26" guns... your arms would probably go numb until these are very broken in! At first I thought I was doomed, but my arms are not 24" or upwards so I got comfortable wearing it after a few minutes. The material is very thin so try not to snag it on anything sharp or go wrestling with your dogs, or a velociraptor; it will tear or create a run in it like a woman's pantyhose. However, I did notice a nice cooling sensation across my entire arm. That is going to be a plus while working in the hot muggy summers of upstate NY. The material just feels GREAT!! Put these on and just start waving your arm around, yeah you'll look funny for a bit, but you'll see what I mean. It also has excellent elasticity which aides in the compression factor BECAUSE of the tightness; so it works for me. It should stretch out a bit more though I would imagine over time and abuse. So I'd say these are a definite upgrade over the more pricey Under Armor ones I've had to use. I mean for the price and material quality, you just can't beat these. Remember though, if you have biceps more than 24"-26" I don't think you would like your arms to go completely numb and would try to look for a similar product that produces different sizes, rather than "one size fits all". I'll see how they hold up in my line of work though. ;-) I hope this review helps you all.
on March 25, 2014
I bought them for troll skin so I didn't have to use paint. Worked great but had a tiny tear in it. Very small so I didn't even notice.
on April 21, 2011
I got these to cover my tattoos without wearing an extra layer. They do that well and they do cool your arms but they pinch horribly at the top! I got 2 pairs and tried cutting one a bit to loosen the top but it didn't solve anything really. Also they run like pantyhose, one small tear and it runs all the way up or down the sides. I will not buy these again. And not worth the time and hassle to return the second unused set.
on April 14, 2011
I bought these for cycling in a hot, sunny climate. The material reflects the sun, wicks away sweat and keeps me cooler. They arrived only 3 days after I placed the order (wow!), and the fit is just fine...they're snug enough that they won't slip down.
on June 13, 2012
Im a fairly tall, thin woman and these sleeves were way too small for me. They are too short, tight, constricting, and uncomfortable. Ive owned them six weeks and have not worn them at all. They are very hot to wear. Id prefer to just wear a long sleeved shirt since its actually less hot. Also I found it interesting when I recieved this package and opened up the mailing envelope, I found a product packaged with all Chinese printing, front to back from top to bottom, nothing but Chinese lettering.
on May 7, 2014
I had to find a pair of these to cover my tattoos for work. They stretch quite well. A little snug at first but after a few days of using them its not as bad. I'm sure I'll have to replace them sooner or later because the fabric can snag depending on when you're using them. My job requires me to get my hands, and sometimes arms in between things and in tight spots where the material can catch on wiring, plastics, and metal.
on July 22, 2011
The product arrived in a timely manner, but as soon as I took it out of the package, I found a runner down one sleeve, when I tried to put them on.. they just ran and ran like cheap stockings.
They are very very very snug if you have anything but tiny, not even remotely athletic arms.

I went with another brand and am much happier with them.

This item is worth exactly what you pay for it. Spend your money elsewhere.