Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

Color: BlackChange

on September 28, 2013
I am 6' 4" tall and weigh about 190 lbs, athletic build. My biceps are 14" (I'm only telling this cause many people are referencing issues with upper arm tightness). I love these! I am an electrician and sometimes spend the entire day working outside. With these on, combined with my Top Headwear Safari Explorer Bucket Hat With Flap Neck Cover - Olive, a t-shirt, pants, shoes and work gloves, I am totally protected from the sun.
These do fit snugly at the upper arms, but not to the point where I feel that they are cutting off my circulation. When properly stretched and positioned, they cover from the top of my bicep down to the crease of my wrist. I have worn these for entire days about 20 times, and will put them on for an hour or two when I need to work outside. Usually they do not slide down my arm. There have been occasions where I've had to pull them up and reposition them, but not usually.
The pair that I received did not have a logo, which I love. Also the lack of seam down the length of the sleeves make them superior to the other brands that I've purchased and tried...4 total.
These do have excellent cooling effect, and my arms covered in these black sleeves feel much cooler than the rest of my upper body that is covered in a white t-shirt.
I have been hand washing and air drying them so I have not had any issues with them beginning to deteriorate or fray. These seem much sturdier than the other brands I've purchased, although I don't think they'll hold up too well to heavy abrasion, and I keep that in mind when I'm moving around.
I'm going to buy a couple more pairs so I can rotate them.
66 comments95 of 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2013
They are inexpensive and tend to shred. Don't put them in the washing machine; hand rinse. They work; they keep my arms cool and protect me from the sun. I've bought them twice and will buy them again, as necessary.
0Comment40 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2013
I've purchased 3 pairs of these at 3 different colors. The cost of the 3 is close to the cost of 1 pair of under armour brand. At first use the sleeves worked and fit great, but after 2 washes they start to have lint pieces stuck to them. Its like the stitchings start to fall apart, and the more you pull on the loose stitches the worse it gets. These are definitely hand wash only and air dry. I prefer the under armour sleeves, they cost 2.5 times more, but last 10 times longer.
22 comments81 of 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2012
These are great for me, a golfer with the beginnings of skin cancer. I was wearing long sleeve shirts and now I can wear more comfortable golf shirts. Very comfortable and seems to totally protect my arms from the sun.
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2013
I drive a truck so these sleeves are great for the arm always in the sun and the cooling effects are a bonus
on May 4, 2014
They come in one size and are far to short for a 6ft+ male. They also show that they are not just tubes, but that is all they are. Limited retention to arm so they slid down. Not worth the price.
on June 18, 2013
Best sun protecting arm coolers on the market. I use them when I run, cycle, drive and work outdoors to reduce my sun exposure and chances of getting skin cancer. I initially purchased a white pair and loved the fit and construction of the sleeves so much that I purchased two more and a pair of black ones as well. The sleeves also slide on easily but do not slide off during activity.
0Comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2013
I ordered several for myself and then ordered 6 more for golfing friends. If your upper arm is large they can be a bit snug. I like them because they are easy to put on and off and keep sun off arms. I wash in regular wash cycle but do not put in dryer. Hang over hanger and they dry very quickly. I have Nike sleeves as well but I was looking for other colors.
0Comment15 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2013
I bought these cheaper sleeves because I wasn't sure if I would be comfortable wearing just sleeves under my t-shirt. Long story short, I've used these for hiking and they work great. My hands didn't go numb after walking/ jogging for over an hour and a half. I didn't believe in the cooling effect but having wore them out in the SoCal summer sun I can honestly say you do feel a cooling sensation. The sleeves have no branding anywhere which I like, they are plane. Quality feels good, but after reading other reviews I would definitely hand wash these.
on August 4, 2013
I am a golfer and have been treated for Melanoma and Basil Cell Cancer. I was starting to develop a rash on my arms from various sunscreens, including Neutrogena which had been recommended by my dermatologist.

In watching the women LPGA professionals, I noticed that several were wearing "sleeves" which did not appear to be a shirt.

I searched for golf sleeves and was directed to Amazon. I purchased 3 pair and absolutely LOVE them. They are cool and comfortable. I would strongly recommend them.