This book does have one negative: some of the color photos are not vivid and some black & white not crystal sharp and sometimes a little dark. THAT SAID, I THINK THIS IS A DEFINITELY NEEDED AND GREAT BOOK ON ET AND HER FILMS!!!!

Published 23 months ago by RLA

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Book About Taylor's Movies
Enjoyed the book as I did the photos in the first two thirds, but all the photos described in the final third of the book were missing.
Published 18 months ago by Lydia S.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars DEFINITELY NEEDED companion to the older Films of ET by Vermilye & Ricci, September 29, 2012
RLA (SAN FRANCISCO, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elizabeth Taylor: A Shining Legacy on Film (Hardcover)

For once, we have ALL her Movie and Television films - every one of them in which she appeared - discussed, even if some briefly. The PLUS FACTOR is the selection of photographs! Most I have never seen before and it includes many candid photos instead of the usual films scenes reproduced forever in previous years. While the color shots may not seem to be the best at times, I think they give the book a "nostalgic" feel. The amount of photographs make this worth the price of the book alone. And for the price of the book, you certainly cannot complain. I have been waiting for a new book STRICTLY ON HER FILMS. We have more than enough biographies (perhaps one more to come that would cover the last 15 years of her life that go into detail about her jewelry and perfume endeavors to say nothing of her charitable work for AIDS). What I wanted to see is another book concentrating on her "professional" life and NOT her personal life, and this book is such a book. She is one of the few stars who started as a child star, and continued her film career thru most of her life - how many have accomplished this besides Natalie Wood, Mickey Rooney, Judy Garland and a few others. This book cannot possible devote many pages to all her films, but I think the result is more than admirable. This, along with the older 'Films of ET' by Vermile & Ricci (the revised edition coverered all of her films with two exceptions "The Flintstones" and "These Old Broads" -which are really cameo roles) cover just about everything you could want to know about her films. I am delighted with this book and recommend this book to anyone interested in her film career.

Perhaps one day we will have a book strictly full page photographs (mostly portrait shots) in black and white and color, similar to some of the photo books on Garbo, Dietrich, Hepburn, and Monroe - all beauties but not as beautiful as Taylor.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great career overview of Ms.Taylor's movie work., September 26, 2012
Drew Levan (Naperville,Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elizabeth Taylor: A Shining Legacy on Film (Hardcover)
"Elizabeth Taylor: A Shining Legacy On Film" is a terrific book about a great lady. It goes into details about all of Ms.Taylor's films. It has beautiful color and black and white photos from all the movies. Even more obscure movies like, "There's One Born Every Minute" and "Scent Of Mystery" are included along with the classics we all know. As the reviewer Edmund Arredondo mentioned in his Amazon review this book is refreshing because it deals with Ms.Taylor's film work. So many books are already out there that are litany of Ms.Taylor's scandals,marriages,health issues,etc. To have a book with so much information on the films [running times,directors,co-stars]will be greatly appreciated by Ms.Taylor's many movie fans. Elizabeth Taylor [1932-2011] was a fine actress and women who tried to make the world a better,kinder place. I really loved and enjoyed the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars DAME ELIZABETH A SHINING ICON, October 23, 2012
JERILYN D. BIFULCO (HUNTINGTON, NEW YORK. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elizabeth Taylor: A Shining Legacy on Film (Hardcover)
I buy every book I can find on my idol Dame Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor Burton and this book had pictures in it I had never seen. That is a rare and exciting occurrence. I have been collecting pictures of this "shining sweet Angel" since I was nine years old. And now in the twilight of my life it is amazing to see photos I had never seen. Love the title and the cover photo is an artistic tour de force. It is a treasure for every Dame Elizabeth fan. In fact I sent a copy to a dear friend in France who met our Dame and was an adoring fan from the time she was a child. It is a great gift to be placed next to "Elizabeth Taylor My Love Affair With Jewelry. " A must have Christmas gift for every Elizabeth Taylor fanatic. A five star amazing book from cover to cover a shining delight.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Last Word On A Bedazzling Career, October 20, 2012
This review is from: Elizabeth Taylor: A Shining Legacy on Film (Hardcover)
As I own other books by author Cindy De La Hoy, I expected a book that would be coffee table worthy that would cover Elizabeth Taylor's lengthy career and film legacy. This book is beautifully done and worthy of a star as prominent and distinctive as Dame Elizabeth.
This book literally covers Taylor's career from her earliest performances as a child to the end of her career. To say Taylor had longevity and staying power is no understatement. This book is chock full of pictures in color as well as glorious black and white, studio publicity shots, candids, news photos, as well as stills from her pictures. It provides information on each films, reviews, and incidental information as it pertains to each film as well as her career. It is comprehensive as it was written and published after Taylor's 2011 death.
This book really doesn't go into the stuff that is traditionally fodder for the news outlets and tabloids which is fine by me as there are any number of books that cover Taylor's often turbulent life. De La Hoy's book is more reminiscent of the old 'Films of" series that covered many actors and actresses of the golden age of Hollywood which where aimed at a performer's career and legacy. I miss those books. However, this book trumps the others in that it is bigger and more lavish.
I was struck by the sheer number of appearances made by Taylor during her career. On the face of it, it isn't surprising that Taylor survived all the ups and downs of the film industry as well as the entertainment industry. In reading this book, this is amply apparent.
This is a thoughtfully researched and written book that is a fitting tribute for an enduring star and a must have for Taylor fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dame Elizabeth Taylor Simply the very best, September 26, 2012
This review is from: Elizabeth Taylor: A Shining Legacy on Film (Hardcover)
I have, I believe every book written on Dame Elizabeth. But Miss De La Hoz's book is my favorite. And that's because it deals with her career and not her marriages & scandal. That's been done to death. She was more than that.
I've been a avid for fifty years with a huge Taylor collection. I am thrilled to have my friend Joseph Cruz share his fabulous collection with the world.
Thank you Cindy & Joey for your brilliant book.

Edmund Andreas

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book About Elizabeth Taylor's Films !, October 30, 2012
This review is from: Elizabeth Taylor: A Shining Legacy on Film (Hardcover)
Any fan of Elizabeth Taylor will love this book ! First class all the way with synopses and fabulous photos that you would have a hard time finding anywhere else. A top job done by the author. All of Elizabweth Taylor's films are featured. Get this book !

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Lady!, January 4, 2013
A. ZINNO (Windermere, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elizabeth Taylor: A Shining Legacy on Film (Hardcover)
Book has lots of never published pictures and stories behind each movie Elizabeth Taylor made. Beautifully done in her honor.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Definitive Elizabeth Taylor Book!!!, November 20, 2012
This review is from: Elizabeth Taylor: A Shining Legacy on Film (Hardcover)
As a lifelong fan of Elizabeth Taylor, I have to say I find this is the definitive Elizabeth Taylor book. And what a book! The beginning captures her personality and her personal life. The latter captures her career -- from beautiful child to beautiful teenager to beautiful woman to consumate actress to a woman who had moved on to better things than movies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge Coffee Table-Type of Photographic Gem, May 31, 2014
This review is from: Elizabeth Taylor: A Shining Legacy on Film (Hardcover)
De La Hoz is certainly one of the leading explorers into Dame Elizabeth Taylor's film career. This is a photographic text that proves it. Going well beyond color photographs that very clearly show Dame Elizabeth's lavender eyes, De La Hoz provides in-depth annotations about many of the films Dame Elizabeth became so notable for performing in.

I cannot write whether or not this is the best text ever made with hundreds of photographs of Dame Elizabeth because I am not a scholar of all of the works about Dame Elizabeth!

However, this 12" long by 8" wide, 296 page hardback and artwork jacket covered book is a real beauty and quite informative. I cannot stress the fine quality of the photographs enough~

4.0 out of 5 stars We purchased this for my Mother for Christmas who has always been a Taylor fan., December 26, 2013
This review is from: Elizabeth Taylor: A Shining Legacy on Film (Hardcover)
My Mother, who is 95, is anxious to read through this and remember all the Liz taylor movies she went to see.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Elizabeth Taylor: A Shining Legacy on Film
Elizabeth Taylor: A Shining Legacy on Film by Cindy De La Hoz (Hardcover - October 2, 2012)
$30.00 $19.65