5.0 out of 5 stars Elle Decor-luscious!
Published on June 29, 2010 by L. M. Keefer

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull traditional decor
Published on August 3, 2010 by Linda A

5.0 out of 5 stars Elle Decor-luscious!, June 29, 2010
This review is from: Elle Decor (1-year) (Magazine)
Elle Decor is my favorite interior design magazine, along with House Beautiful--I team-teach interior design to adults and am always looking for stylish rooms, the latest design trends, and beautiful images to share with the class. Elle Decor delivers. I anticipate its arrival each month. The magazine is great for training your eye as to what's interesting, stylish and beautiful in today's design world. If you are wanting to update any tired and boring rooms in your home, or rooms you're bored with, it's great for showing you what's new or being reinterpreted in a fresh way. Then you can pick and choose what appeals to you.

Taste is about exposure and Elle Decor exposes you to what top designers are doing today so you can incorporate the elements you like in your own home. It features all kinds of rooms and styles in diverse colors from monochromatic to bright colors. One great exercise is to challenge yourself to find something you like in each room even if you don't particularly like a room--it can be a lamp, a rug, a pillow, or piece of art, but you begin articulating and stretching your taste. If you're looking for fresh, sophisticated, interesting design, consider a subscription.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luscious Eye Candy!, October 23, 2011
A stunning magazine full of lush, modern rooms. Yes, there is little here that the average person can afford, but I don't want a design magazine that looks like a Pottery Barn catalog.I look at a design magazine for inspiration, and I read Elle Decor from cover to cover, including the ads.Many of the rooms are bursting with color. I find all kinds of ideas for accessorizing my house even though my budget is limited.If you have ever wondered how to put together all the items you've bought over the years in a way that pleases the eye, read Elle Decor!

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull traditional decor, August 3, 2010
Linda A (Micanopy, FL USA) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Mostly pictures, not Midwest friendly, November 24, 2012
This review is from: Elle Decor (2-year) (Magazine)
Had high hopes but this magazine was mostly pictures of over decorated designer homes. Very few prices listed or where you can buy it, just 1-800 numbers to call and order. The few prices they list are like 6 grand for an end table. The only articles were about designers lives not about decorating. Just wasn't for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wont renew..., July 23, 2011
I wont be renewing. Lots of ads and extreme prices. Pretty pics and few good ideas, but will try House Beautiful next time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rife with ads, August 29, 2010
This review is from: Elle Decor (1-year) (Magazine)
If you are looking for home designer tips and usable "do it yourself" information - don't invest your money in this publication. Advertising consumes most of the pages and the products promoted are at a price point unattainable by most. My typical way of measuring value of a publication is the number of pages I earmark. I haven't earmarked any in the three issues I received to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT magazine, July 18, 2010
This review is from: Elle Decor (1-year) (Magazine)
I have subscribed to Elle DECOR for several years now, and consider it one of the very best decor magazine. I can't wait to get my issue every month and it's cheap too, since you can always find a good deal on it on the net.
Love it!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Mostly advertising, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Elle Decor (1-year) (Magazine)
Good photography but the entire magazine is mostly filled with advertising and little to no articles of interest. Large format but little content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chic Decorating..., August 22, 2011
ELLE Decor is a well-illustrated Magazine with lots of images and ideas on how to decorate your home or to improve its looks without spending money in hiring a professional Decorator.
I like the Magazine a lot. Maria Rennard

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Met Home and will not re-subscribe, August 13, 2010
Kristen Kieffer "K.K." (Worcester, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elle Decor (1-year) (Magazine)
I COMPLETELY echo everything that Linda A. wrote above, and couldn't have said it any better, and would only had that most all the homes featured are of the uber-rich, making it uninteresting and inaccessible.

"I was a Metropolitan Home subscriber, and as an artist, I enjoyed the color, variety, and design influences in the magazine. When the publisher ceased Met Home, they gave me the remainder of my subscription in Elle Decor. Beige, ecru, eggshell, dull and traditional. No thanks. I think they killed the wrong magazine." ~ Linda A. (above comment)

Elle Decor (2-year)