5.0 out of 5 stars ''It's not Nanceee!!''
Published on November 15, 2003 by S. Foster

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
not as funny as i typically think Ellen is. I watched the first 15 minutes and turned it off.
Published 3 months ago by Travel Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars ''It's not Nanceee!!'', November 15, 2003
S. Foster (Moira, Co Armagh United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - Here and Now (DVD)
Not only have I seen this HBO Show, I was also in the audience for the taping of this, what can only be described as mesmerising, stand-up performance by Ellen. I travelled over form Belfast to see the show, got front row seats and was also fortunate enough to get to ask the lady a question at the end of the show.....wot a lady (I am hoping there may be extrs of audience questions....). This DVD testifies the irrepressible force that is Degeneres, and is a great catch-up opportunity for anyone not familiar with Ellen prior to her daytime talk show (I've seen about 10 shows of it and they're a riot!). This stand-up show digresses around the theme of procrastination, containing laff-out loud and painfully realistic observations of everyday human idiosyncranices....from the brilliant observation of brand new cds to the riotous observations of waving at someone you think you know, I was rolling in the aisles at this. My hat goes off to her, she has fought adversity in recent years and come out (metaphorically, lol) a true winner....Finding Nemo, an awesome talk-show and this truly original and entertaining fun show...the lady has it all. Worth putting in your loved ones' Xmas stocking....laughter the best therapy and Degeneres is the cure.

4.0 out of 5 stars a great comedy special 4.5 stars, April 11, 2005
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - Here and Now (DVD)
What I like about Ellen Degeneres is that she doesn't need to use a lot of cussing to be funny. Unlike comedians like Adele Givens, Margaret Cho, Mo'Nique, Sommore, Chris Rock, Bruce Bruce, etc., she doesn't need Cuss the audience out or constantly talk about sex. She can still be halarious without being dirty.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!, November 30, 2003
A. Albers (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - Here and Now (DVD)
I started watching this DVD around midnight thinking, "Eh, I'll get it started and finish it tomorrow...".. that did not happen. I was laughing like a freakin' hyena until 1:30am. I couldn't get enough of it. I have not laughed so hard in ages. I had tears in my eyes it was so funny. She hits the nail right on the head.. over.. and over.. and over again. This has got to be one of the funniest comedy routines I have ever seen. I highly HIGHLY recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Hilarious, December 2, 2003
Harry Turpin (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - Here and Now (DVD)
She nails it. From Popcorn, to talking on the phone, to the bathrooms--everything is right on the money.
I've always been a fan of Ellen DeGeneres and was fortunate enough to receive both of her comedy specials on DVD in the same week. Both managed to make me smile, but "Here and Now" is great. In a few months, I'll pick it up and watch it again. Her facial expressions, her commitment, her style--she truly is one of the best stand-up comics around. I only hope we get to see more of her.
If you like Ellen, you will not be disappointed by this DVD. Buy it! Add it to your collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, March 15, 2005
Cat (New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - Here and Now (DVD)
I first fell in love with ellen after viewing "Here and Now" on HBO. It was so hilarious I rented it. Then, after laughing my butt off a couple more times I bought the dvd. Her jokes are great and her facial expressions are what puts the icing on the cake. I have watched her routine so many times that I have memorized some of her skits. You have to buy this dvd. You will not be disappointed. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great DVD, July 8, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - Here and Now (DVD)
It is much more appropiate that "The beginning". That is a little bit more explicit. She mentions some things not appropiate for children like the joke she makes about people who film their sex (EXAMPLE : Pamela Anderson/Tommy Lee). It also has some cussing .That is understaning for a TVMA rating. But this dvd/special, is not innnapropiate. the only cuss word I've heard is bascially "Hell". My 5 year old nephew can watch this without it being a bad influence. This is a great dvd, a very funny comedy special and a must own

5.0 out of 5 stars Get My Sandwich!, October 28, 2003
Elise Erickson (Jacksonville, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - Here and Now (DVD)
This HBO comedy special, Ellen Here and Now, is the funniest comedy show ever. We quote things out of it daily in our household. We watched it quite a bit on HBO and now anticipate the release of the show on DVD to add to our collection. She is brilliant, beautiful and seriously funny...everyone in my "straight" household adores her. She is the greatest! Buy this and you will watch it over and over again. A great gift and a great show to throw in when you have friends over who need a good laugh...and I mean GOOD LAUGH! We love you Ellen Girl!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this now, don't put it off!!, August 2, 2005
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - Here and Now (DVD)
The central theme/topic of the show is procrastination. We get to hear Ellen's very funny anecdotes about it as she opened and ended the show. ("Procrastinate now, don't put it off") She also gets to do jokes based on everyday life observations, from the mundane things possible. From one ply tissue paper to automatic flushing of toilets, to the obligatory gay jokes to packaging of CDs and light bulbs to the shampoo commercial, she just gave amusing observations.

I like Ellen's comedy because she doesn't try hard to be funny, she is just effortlessly funny. Unlike other stand up comedians who think profanity automatically means funny, she doesn't need that. She relies on good material that is simply funny. And watch out for her facial expressions as they enhanced her jokes immensely

Grade: A-

5.0 out of 5 stars funniest lady in town!...ANY town!, November 3, 2003
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - Here and Now (DVD)
I saw Here and Now on HBO and I laughed almost constantly! Her humor is clean and free of foul language ...a lost art by most of today's comedians. She is relevant and timely and will make you laugh about things I guarantee never occured to you. This would make an excellent Christmas present...it is going on my wish list right now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sure To Make You Procrastinate!!!, November 3, 2003
Evita Rush (Charlottesville, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - Here and Now (DVD)
I went to see this BRILLIANT act by Ellen DeGeneres live Apirl 16, 2003 at GW's Lisner Auditorium in Washington D.C. And let me just say that it was the most hilarious thing. I had a blast! The rhythm, the timing, the pauses! EVERYTHING! Pure genius! How does she do it? Just how does she do it? I also watched this show on HBO and demanded that my aunt watch it too and she loved it! Ellen had us laughing until we were choking to death!!! I can not even wait until the release of this classic on DVD! I own it on tape now and it's just about ruined from me looking at it so much. I just about know everything that she says verbatim! I have a little bit of a problem.

Ellen DeGeneres - Here and Now
Ellen DeGeneres - Here and Now by Ellen Degeneres (DVD - 2009)
$14.96 $4.19