5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Person Alive!
Published on August 14, 2006 by laurie

1.0 out of 5 stars totally useless piece of writing
Don't bother buying this book and if you do, don't bother reading it. I ended up sending my copy to a book dealer in New Zeeland hoping that DeGeneres' name would at least get it sold and contribute a few bucks to her new book company. If you want to read something worth reading, read what Portia has written.
Published 11 months ago by Teresa Rune

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Person Alive!, August 14, 2006
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - The Beginning / Here and Now (DVD)
I recently got the chance to attend a taping of the Ellen Degeneres show (she danced with me, ha!) and I have to admit that I teared up when I actually got to see her in person. It has been a dream of mine for quite a while. Not only are these DVDs extremely funny and original, but they have some very touching moments, as well. The interpretive dance in "The Beginning" gave me chills, even as it made me laugh. And seeing Ellen tear up when she came out (ha) in "Here and Now" was beautiful. I admire this woman's strength and ability, and I strive to be like her. If you have a chance, buy this DVD set, you won't, can't possibly, be sorry. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comedy Queen, June 16, 2007
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - The Beginning / Here and Now (DVD)
For those of you living under a rock, Ellen Degeneres is the host of her own hit talk show. Of course, she wouldn't be where she is today if she hadn't gained national fame through her comedy.

The Beginning is extremely funny. Especially since it was taped only three years after she came out. She makes alot more references to her sexuality in it than in Here and Now. The topics range from losing attention during conversations, to her stops at a health food store and a sex store, to even God herself. Here and Now is alot more family friendly than The Beginning, but both will make you laugh at how accurate they are to the everyday world.

Whether you're a fan of her talk show, a fan of her in general, or just enjoy a good comedy set, this DVD will not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars HILARIOUS, March 15, 2007
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - The Beginning / Here and Now (DVD)
i watch alot of stand up comedians and ellen blew them all away she is one of the funniest comedians out there. both of these dvds are great theres never a dull momment she keeps you laughing the whole show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ellen DeGeneres - The Beginning / Here and Now, January 9, 2007
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - The Beginning / Here and Now (DVD)
I have never watched standup before, but I must say that if you are feeling down or just fancy a laugh this IS the dvd to package to get. Ellen will make your day without a doubt. Well worth it! You will appreciate every joke. Nearly every joke I had a conection to!!!!!

BUY BUY BUY.........

Jacqui, London England

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS, January 9, 2007
B (San Diego) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - The Beginning / Here and Now (DVD)
if you are at all a fan of Ellen, comedy, or a combination there of.. BUY THIS. both shows are extremely funny!

5.0 out of 5 stars funny!!!!, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - The Beginning / Here and Now (DVD)
Ellen DeGeneres is one of my all-time favorites. I just LOVE her humor! I've read all her books and watched as much of her stand up as I can find. Highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Ellen, July 31, 2013
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - The Beginning / Here and Now (DVD)
Ellen. What else can you say? I still insert the pickle claw into my conversations as well as I'm in for the night! Laughed from beginning to end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stand's the test of time, May 19, 2013
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - The Beginning / Here and Now (DVD)
You will be in constant giggles! No wonder she is the star she is today! Her humour does not put anyone down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny Lady, April 15, 2013
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - The Beginning / Here and Now (DVD)
Great collection of Ellen stand-up. Family friendly, humor that applies to all of us...I mean, how many times have you tripped and then looked back like: yup... or waved at a stranger only to realize that they're waving at someone else?

5.0 out of 5 stars Stand up comedy at it's best., June 15, 2014
This review is from: Ellen DeGeneres - The Beginning / Here and Now (DVD)
Some comedians are very engaging without having to be foul-mouthed and she is one of them. Ordinary day-to-day experiences are really funny if you stop to think about them and Ellen does. Giggles and laughter are great medicine.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›