- Shipping Weight: 34 pounds
- ASIN: B005BRK8EA
- Item model number: E2201-18
- Average Customer Review: 2.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (19 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #272,005 in Patio, Lawn & Garden (See Top 100 in Patio, Lawn & Garden) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Ellison 18 In. Evolution Easy-Push Reel Lawn Mower with Adjustable Grass Management System
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The bad first;
1. This thing is built cheap. The grass deflector has one small tip that is broken, meaning it forces the grass straight down, missing the grass catcher. Fixed with a screw to permanently mount in the full up position.
2. The wheels have a clutch feature so you can roll it backwards while it freewheels from your last forward movement. However, the two metal clutch pieces wear into the cheap plastic gear on the inside of the wheel. The mower will gradually grind louder and the blades will not move fast enough to cut the grass. Fixed with a screw in each wheel hole where the metal piece goes (discard metal piece). This screw MUST be slightly longer than the metal pieces to be discarded, an exact size from your local hardware store. Some disassembly required, with the help of snap ring pliers. You lose the freewheel option, but it has not broken since. It now blows through pine cones, sweet gum balls, small sticks, etc and does half decent at picking up White Oak and Tallow leaves.
1. It will cause you to lose weight and gives a great workout.
2. No gas.
3. Fixed one nick on a blade with a file.
4. No cloud of dust while mowing
5. Don't have to rinse with the hose outside before going in to take a shower.
6. No muddy snot or dustmask required.
7. Grass catcher decent.
8. Lawn looks way better.
9. Wet grass cutting ok.
10.Super low maintenance.
I have a mutt of a lawn, basically mowing whatever comes up. In the fall, I planted winter rye and it grew all winter long.Read more ›
I was NOT impressed by the way the clippings catcher dumps much of the stuff out while walking because right out of the box it's netting sort of lifts up on the back end, tilting the bottom toward the opening which has no barrier to stop things sliding out. A rock or weight in the back end should fix this, or I may create a small barrier at front edge.
During the first run, I didn't make ANY effort to clean up the debris in the yard. For the most part, that turned out okay, BUT... I ran over a steel outlet cover that had fallen from the shed into the grass unseen, and made three large nicks in the blade and reel. With the loud clunk, the reel would not turn anymore. I would have dumbly adjusted the reel further from the blade, making matters worse... and probably giving up on the thing, pleasant as it was to use... but hubby knew better and handled it by smoothing the burrs created at the chinks which got the reel freely spinning again.Read more ›
I would never buy this mower if I had it to do over again. Never.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Don't bother, Ours lasted maybe 8 months, now its mechanicals are all messed up in the wheel, with no easy way to fix or repair.Published 8 months ago by Jonathan
Has not held up like the reviews said it would. Have bought another brand.Published 12 months ago by Robert Clark
Giving this a 3 star since I haven't had the chance to use it for myself (because I can't find it anywhere) but the product has excellent reviews for the most part... Read morePublished 23 months ago by Beth
I really do like this. It is basically for thinner grass and touch ups. I do have lawn service but I use this when something doesn't look good. Read morePublished on November 2, 2013 by Judith M.
My boyfriend used it and it jammed up on him. Blades are hitting frame. Have not had a chance to look into it.Published on June 5, 2013 by SMJ
I was an idiot to waste all those points on this. I was trying to use this on Zoysia grass and there was no way.Published on March 14, 2013 by Jim O'Baid
We moved to Southern California and purchased a home with a little over a third of an acre lot. As I was looking about a lawn mower, I figured that between the house, pool, patio,... Read morePublished on November 10, 2012 by etab004
BOTTOM LINE: Great mower for small yards that's easy to use and won't kill your hearing, budget or tall weeds. Read morePublished on August 16, 2012 by scifi-o-phile
I have a small enclosed patio / yard with approx 400 square feet of lawn. I used to cut it with a large gas mower I also use on the big lawns out back. Read morePublished on June 25, 2012 by Wayne