Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Elmer's Paint & Poster Facepaint
Automotive Deals HPCC Learn more Discover it Amazon Fashion $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 21, 2015
Okay, so, I didn't have as much problems with opacity as other reviewers, but I'm used to working with crappy paints, so opacity issues are something you just learn to deal with. The consistency is very watery, and if you're trying to get white or yellow to show up at all, you're going to have a bad time (and need 5-6 coats, which, who can get a kid to sit still for that long? no one). The brush that comes with it is just a joke, I literally couldn't paint a straight line, but, again, I'm used to crappy crafting supplies, so that was no surprise. What was a surprise was that it doesn't come off? I tested it out on my legs, just because it was new, and you never know with new products. So now there's a rainbow on my leg for who knows how long. Forever maybe. I used soap and water, facial scrub, sea salt body scrub, my nails... nothing touched it, especially the red, purple, and orange. Also if you use enough paint to make it opaque, it's going to stick with you for life, apparently. Maybe just stick with grease paint/Snazaroo.
on June 2, 2015
This product is absolutely awful. It goes on as translucent. Not opaque at all. Also the red stained my face. I tried regular hand soap, shampoo, dish soap and eventually rubbing alcohol to get it off. Also I don't know what the heck is in it because my face is red like I just got a chemical peel. I've never had sensitive skin before so I know that this product is to blame. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. ITS AWFUL.
on June 12, 2015
Terrible in consistency. Colors aren't vivid, takes too much paint to do the simplest designs. Does not dry, smears and is all around terrible. Not worth it, the money you think you're saving isn't even there. One set of this barely does 10 (bad) faces compared to a $20 set of waterbased pigment doing up to 50 faces.
on September 6, 2015
My daughter put on the paint for less than 10 minutes and it was not coming off, her whole face is red and green even after she washed it off with soap and water. It is scary and unsafe. We ay have to take her to Dr. if it doesn't come off till morning.
on October 30, 2011
I've never really used face paint and I'm not familiar with different products, but I can safely say this stuff is absolute garbage, even for the price (I got it for around 4 bucks at Michael's). I used it today while practicing applying my Halloween makeup, but I'm going to have to return it and figure something else out because this will not work. it's BARELY opaque and goes on very unevenly (if you're doing dots of color it's not too bad, but any big areas that need to be smoothed out... good luck!). The worst part is that it peels off anywhere your face moves (so the entire area around my mouth and chin was flaking/peeling off and looked awful. Hopefully my Michael's store will let me return it. :(
on April 21, 2011
If you are looking for cheap face paint, this isn't it. I was lured in by the price of this product (only $5 at a local retail store), and was terribly disappointed in its quality.

The paint is thick, greasy, and translucent. The black paint only made the skin look dirty when it was applied, and the white paint looked... inappropriate. The other colors painted on like faintly colored lip gloss. The paint didn't seem to dry, and remained an oily smear on the skin that smudged off on anything it came in contact with. If I applied it thickly enough to become somewhat opaque, its weight made it slowly run down the child's face.

I wouldn't recommend buying this product for any reason, especially when there are much better, similarly priced alternatives like Palmer Face Paints-12PK.
on July 5, 2015
Worst paint ever! Unless you want permanent. It does not come off. Not sure how long my girls are going to have red faces.
on August 10, 2011
I agree with the first review... I just purchased this item from my local Michael's and it is JUST as terrible as described above. I need something that will actually APPEAR on the skin - considering I am painting faces with it! Oh, the children would walk away CRYING! I called Michael's just now to go back and return it and they said if it's opened and used, they can't do a return, but it clearly states on the back of their receipt - if you are not satisfied with your purchase, you have 60 days to return it and this was only a few hours after I bought it. When I mentioned this to the manager - he said, "yes, but it also states that the item must be in it's original condition." to which I responded with, "it's an arts and craft store... How can anyone possible know whether they are satisfied with ANY purchase here and still be able to return it in original condition!" He finally caved and allowed me to return these "face" paints. I did a little research and found that Snazaroo brand gets great reviews and isn't that much more money. As for these Elmers brand face paints... NEVER AGAIN!!! I strongly advise any and ALL against buying these.