5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Glow in the Dark Stars
Published on May 27, 2011 by V. Hoyt

1.0 out of 5 stars can't get it to stick to anything
I had high hopes due to reviews here for elmer's tac, but others must have recieved something different. I can't even get this stuff to stick plastic to plastic much less anything to a wall.
Published on October 18, 2011 by WeeDragonz

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Glow in the Dark Stars, May 27, 2011
This review is from: Elmer's Tac 'N Stik Reusable Adhesive, White, 2 Ounces (98620) (Office Product)
We bought this to tack glow in the dark stars to our son's bedroom ceiling. This package stretches SO far. There's two rows of 5 slices of the putty. I've used 3 bars of it and hung over 100 stars, easy. And I was generous with the portions. We hung the stars about a week ago and have had no problem with falling. I'm excited to utilize all of our spare Tac N' Stick elsewhere. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars love this stuff, May 2, 2011
James "James S." (Houston, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
works great. Not TOO tacky, just right. Comes up cleanly. Does not damage walls or posters. Works on glossy and matt surfaces as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars can't get it to stick to anything, October 18, 2011
The formula for the sticky tac stuff I used for many many years, "handi tak", changed a few years back- I noticed immediately that the new "non-toxic" version of it, did not stick worth a flip. (I didn't know at first what had changed but eventually I discovered the difference in the old and new packages was only the addition of the words "non-toxic".) I have been looking for a version that works ever since.
Thankfully I still have a couple packages of the old stuff but I know I will run out eventually. It has to be very sticky to work for my tiny miniatures, this elmer's stuff barely has any stick at all.
I am guessing some idiot ate some of the old stuff or let their kid eat it and then blamed the companies when they got a tummyache....
My search continues for something that works...

5.0 out of 5 stars Also purchased for glow in the dark stars!, July 23, 2011
I had purchased a couple star sets that came with a single, tiny strip of putty for HUNDREDS of stars. That simply would not do. When placing my order for even more stars and the "GLOW IN THE DARK MOON AND STARS" which comes with a pretty big and heavy moon, I order this stuff along with it. You get SO much of it. 10 thick strips. I used not even three strips to attach all of the stars, and I used a lot of this stuff because sticking hundreds of stars to the ceiling for hours really isn't as fun as it sounds, and I NEVER want to see them fall off and have to put them up again! Those better be there when my son is 20! I've also used this for attaching notes to things and to hang the remote censor that came from our cable company when everything went digital. I've reused the same pieces, that have gotten all dirty now from so many uses, and they still work perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for hanging stars on ceiling!, January 12, 2011
I bought this to use in attaching glow-in-the-dark stars to my daughter's ceiling. They've been up for two months so far with no problems. The white color helps to blend in the putty on the white ceiling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works, and won't harm cherished posters, December 3, 2012
Mike90125 (New Jersey Shore, USA) - See all my reviews
This stuff rocks. It works. Simple.

I put up five movie posters, including two signed by the directors using these years ago. They remain where they are.

The key is using it right. The flatter the better. like little timy pancakes, and use more than four, one on each corner.

Put a couple more on the top, maybe one in the middle. When applying, push Hard for a minute.

It works. Cheap and Good. My movie posters look great, even if the movies are bad :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't stick at all, January 5, 2012
I moved into a new place and didn't want to use thumb tacks in the wall because it left many holes in my old place. So I searched for a better alternative. I was very excite to find this stuff.

I had to hang up 3 small posters in my daughters room. I put the putty on the poster first and they stuck fine. But they would just fall off the wall when I put them on. So I used a hammer to pound the putty on the way lightly. It stuck and this was around 11 am. I went out and came back around 3pm and the posters when on the floor.

It can't handle 3 kids posters so what is it used for? I guess it's garbage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay for papers, but not for heavier stuff, November 17, 2012
The teachers at school use this stuff on everything. So I bought it thinking it would work around the house too. It has been great for hanging posters up in the kids room, as well as some art projects in the house. I tried hanging a small canvas print in the kitchen and it keep on falling off the walls. So this stuff is good as long as you're hanging light stuff up. Some of the art projects have come apart at the corners, but happy overall to have this stuff around. It's nice to not have to put tape or push pins up that would ruin our walls!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., February 3, 2012
I used this product to put stars up on my daughter's ceiling. I tried everything else except hot gluing and I was not going to do that. We put up several hundred stars. It worked and the product has been great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Posters fell after a few days, February 18, 2012
Just does not work, it's not sticky at all, most of my posters fell soon after i used it... even postcard.

Elmer's Tac 'N Stik Reusable Adhesive, White, 2 Ounces (98620)
$3.79
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies