Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on March 26, 2011
The Elmo TT-02RX is great for displaying most material for classes and demonstrations. Elmo now has a newer model that provides better color fidelity, so if you are showing opaque objects where true color is important, e.g. art work, then you should look into the more expensive model. The controls are easy to use, including the auto focus: it really is automatic and it really does focus! My Elmo TT-02RX has been a life saver for doing many a demo.
0Comment45 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2014
This was a very handy camera my first year teaching. It needs to be plugged in to it's own power source, but the benefit is that you don't need to hook it to your PC (if you're still using projectors on carts like we are.) Until the camera "died" it happily switched between camera mode and PC mode (when it was hooked up) all day long. The picture quality was very nice, but shadows from overhead lights were at times a problem which was not resolved by the included led lights. It had a hard time capturing student work in pencil unless the classroom lighting was "just so."
My only beef was that this unit is so BEEFY! I needed a huge work area because the base-to-camera positioning is not extremely versatile. Plan for a minimum 4' square space to work in (just like the photo is set up).
on March 9, 2013
Every classroom should have an Elmo. I am so glad I bought this for our children's second grade class. The teachers make this important teaching tool for learning.
0Comment7 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2014
Wife uses it for her 1st grade classroom. Her kids loved it too because it is almost like watching a movie.
on October 20, 2015
I am so glad I got this. In under a week it paid for itself at least 5 fold.
I am planning on getting a second one when the need calls.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2014
I love the product, but it had some problems I didn't expect. The part that holds it up is not working correctly, and it falls down while I try to use it, which messes up the picture/projection. I've tried tightening screws, taping it in place, so far nothing is really fixing the problem. I wish I had known about this issue before I purchased it.
on August 30, 2014
Works great! It is a must in my first grade classroom.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2014
This was not a good transaction. When I pulled the unit out of the box, it was packed poorly. The unit TT-02Rx that was advertised that I thought I was buying, was not the unit I pulled out of the box. The unit that was sent to me was a TT-02 and did not work. I tried to return to sender by paying for the shipping myself. It was sent back to me, with the notes from UPS stating that they had tried to deliver to seller three times. So I had to contact Amazon to get a claim started. In the end the seller did credit me back for the unit and shipping charges. I did have to send the unit off a second time to seller at my cost though. This is the first bad experience I have had with Amazon. I have been buying things from them for years. I hope this is the last.
11 comment2 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse