5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Intro to Elmo for Babies
Published on November 14, 2003 by NYCPickyMom

3.0 out of 5 stars Elmo still rules!
Published on February 23, 2005 by kim

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Intro to Elmo for Babies, November 14, 2003
My daughter has always loved Sesame Street with Elmo being her favorite puppet. We have the Best of Elmo, which she loves so we had to get this one since she loves looking at other babies and dogs. The segments are adorable with about 15 minutes spent on each. We get to see many different babies, even the Sesame Street cast as babies as well. The dog segment is great for us since it shows our daughter how to get along with our dog. The farm segment is my favorite. Elmo wants to tape Oscar feeding his animals, so he jumps into Oscar's trash can much to Oscar's objection. It is the first look I've ever gotten inside his can. I'll agree with one reviewer as it isn't as educational as the other Elmo's world videos, however it does teach about our world and the life in it. My daughter has been watching Elmo since she was about 8 months old (she's now a lil over 1) and her adoration has grown each day. This is a definite keeper and at the most it will keep your child entertained for about 50 minutes. This is the perfect time to get my daughter to munch on some healthy snacks while I clean up.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for toddlers, too!, December 1, 2000
At about 10 mos. my younger daughter started taking interest in this video. The muppets are interspersed with live-action clips of kids w. babies (as well s farm animals & dogs) which really grabs her attention. Elmo himself is very bright and animated, which attracts the attention of kids younger than the recommended ages (3-6). I would note that my almost-5-y.o. was bored by this after one or two viewings, but is more than happy to explain to her younger sibling what is going on in the video.
I noticed that the other Sesame Street videos we have do not interest my toddler like this Elmo's World video does. It seems less tedious and faster paced with more emphasis on visuals than the other Sesame Street videos do. I would recmmend this one as a nice 'first' introduction to Sesame Street beginning in the toddler years. It dosen't bother with counting and the alphabet like more 'grown up' Sesame Street, but rather focuses on this that are really facinating for really little ones like babies (like themselves!) and animals.
Highly recommend - and sooner rather than later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddlers LOVE this video, September 18, 2005
D. Lane "Book lover" (austin, tx United States) - See all my reviews
We love this video. I love that it teachs my kids about babies, dogs, and farms. All three shows on this video are done very well. And I really can't say that with all Elmo's world shows. This video opens the way to talk to young kids about babies, dogs and farms. Which is great. I'm a home daycare provider. Over the yrs I have collected over 100 kids videos. Elmo's World - Babies, Dogs & More! seems to entertain my daycare kids ages 14 months to 5 yrs greatly. I'd say it's in the top 20 favorite videos of my daycare kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a GREAT video!, September 2, 2000
This is one of the few videos that captures, and maintains, our 2 year son's attention. He loves it! We bought it about 3 months ago and he stills asks to see it. It is wonderful to watch him enjoy it so much...(and to watch him sit still for more than a minute! ). Sesame Street did an excellent job choosing topics that are an interest for this age group. It is both educational and entertaining. We are so happy we bought it and we highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars MY SON LOVES THIS VIDEO!, March 29, 2001
C. A. Martin "cam70" (Natick, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Ever since he was 7 months old he has loved to watch Elmo and especially this video. He has "the Best of Elmo" but he likes this one better. Great for children who love animals!

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddler loves it!, January 9, 2002
My 15-month-old started watching this video even before she started watching Sesame Street on TV. From the beginning, she's loved it and can watch it over and over; as soon as the music starts, she starts stomping her feet in excitement. As others have pointed out, the video is divided into three separate 15-minute segments, so there's flexibility in how to watch it. So long as my daughter doesn't burn out on this video, we should be able to get years of use out of it, as it's pure entertainment now and will actually be educational in the next year or so when she understands more of the content.

3.0 out of 5 stars Elmo still rules!, February 23, 2005
My 2 yr old son enjoys watching this video but then again he will watch anything ELMO! There are parts of the video that are cute and my son is mesmorized by the babies & dogs & then there are parts like Mr. Noodle that he's not interested in. There is one scene that scares my son. It's the scene where Oscar the grouch goes into his garbage can & it gets really dark. All you see are a bunch of eyeballs - some scary - bouncing around on the tv screne. It lasts a couple of minutes & my son starts screaming & gets scared. Does this happen to anyone elses child? I always have to fast forward the video at that part. I am very surprised they would put something so scary in a little kids video! Other than that scary scene, he enjoys the video.

5.0 out of 5 stars AN ELMO FAVORITE IN OUR HOUSE, March 1, 2005
My son received this for his second birthday back in October of 2004 and it has become one of his most favorite DVDs to watch and is one of the 15 or so in his regular viewing rotation. Kids love watching videos with babies and dogs in them and that's the theme of this DVD. Elmo learns about what babies eat, how they behave and the joy they bring to their families.

Then Elmo learns about dogs and how to feed and take care of them. Mr. Noodle is along as he does one of his usual silly routines as he walks a pretend dog much to Elmo's and kids delight.

The last part of the DVD deals with farms as Old Macdonald joins the fun teaching Elmo all about life on a farm. Elmo learns about taking care of farm animals and growing vegetables. This was a fun and educational DVD for kids from toddler all the way through early elementary school, done with the usual Elmo flair, songs and silliness. A classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddler love, June 12, 2001
By A Customer
From the moment we put this video in the VCR, my then-baby, now-toddler, loved this video. She runs up to the television to hug Elmo, and plays peek-a-boo with him in front of the set. When my husband or I are alone with her, we can pop the video in the VCR, put her in her crib, and take a quiet shower while she watches Elmo for 15 minutes.
This is by far the best video we have for her, and highly recommend it to any parent who needs 5 or 10 minutes of "breathe time" to occupy an otherwise inconsolable toddler.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's Elmo....what can I say, May 5, 2003
Another great series of Elmo's World "stuff". While my daughter loves this DVD as much as the other Elmo's Worlds, my only comment on this particular DVD is that it doesn't have the same learning potential as the others. She loves babies and dogs (as most kids do)so that is why it is entertaining for her, but she really isn't getting the lessons out of this one that she does out of the others (like brushing your teeth and puting your shoes on and reading books). Overall it is still a very good program, but I would say it is more entertaining than educational.