Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: Board book|Change

on May 9, 2014
Great if your baby loves Elmo. One small drawback, if your baby/toddler likes to eat paper like mine does..she puts everything in her mouth these days.. the little popups in this books will get torn off and eaten. So... this book is probably better after baby has all their teeth and is done with the putting everything into the mouth.
on February 15, 2012
This is a great book for all Elmo lovers! My son is a little young for the flaps, so I'm not opening them yet. The front cover says they are good for little hands, but my guy's little hands kinda destroy things like this, so I'm waiting until he can understand a little better to be gentle. The story is great, and the illustrations are very colorful. You can still get the idea of the story without opening the flaps too, I usually improvise and he doesn't know any different. Definitely recommended for little people who love Elmo.
on January 25, 2013
This is a nice thick board book, but the little parts that the children open to see the picture beneath are quite thin. I think they should be thicker since it is a board book which is often bought for young children.
on February 28, 2009
My son is now 18 months and loves "melmo." He enjoys this book which features some familiar sesame street characters as well as babies -- subjects he loves to look at all day long. On each set of pages, there is a flap to lift. Or tear.

I just spent 10 minutes trying to piece the book back together with tape. Part of the point of buying board books is that the child who will be using the book is too young to carefully handle regular books. The flaps negate that purpose. I was going to buy some more from this series, but I am not sure now.

My son also likes "Baby Party" another Elmo board book which has no flaps. We also have another in that (board book, no flaps) series "Baby Love" by Naomi Kleinberg but it's not in as much demand in our house; it features Grover.
on March 10, 2007
This is a great book that is able to will stand the destruction of a toddler. The large flaps do not tear easily and provide lots of fun for children.
on January 9, 2007
Clever pop-out items. Colorful characters.

Simple, but understandable meanings for the youngest child.

My grandson, who is only 9 months old, was very excited to hold his own

Elmo book. He definitely recognized who Elmo is.
on January 6, 2014
My 18 month old adores this book and I enjoy reading it to her. It gives a great introduction to the concept of love in a way that is interesting to young children! My daughter loves the flaps and I don't find they are too thin as some of the other reviewers have described. Highly recommend.
on June 1, 2013
This is a really nice story and a fun one to read with your little Elmo fan. It makes a great Valentine's Day gift.
on February 1, 2013
This book is great! My daughter practically has it memorized. it's a very sweet Elmo book about love. I definately recommend this book. One of my 3 year old's favorites.
on February 11, 2011
I'm not a big fan of these Elmo's World books. I think most parents buy them when their kids are between the ages of 1 and 4, when Elmo is all the rage. They are okay to read; the kids enjoy them, but my kids don't beg for them and I certainly don't push to read them over and over. This one is a little more fun for younger listeners because of the "lift the flap" feature, but like the other Elmo's World books, the text is somewhat disjointed. You can't just read it straight through. There are little quotes and "side notes" throughout the book. This is probably intentional for the reading age group, but as a mother of 3 (reading several books a night) I prefer to just read straight through a story and move on to the next rather than point and discuss different things on each page. However, as a book I gave my son for Valentine's Day, it certainly has meaning to me and the kids enjoy it, which is really all that matters.