4.0 out of 5 stars It's BAAAACK! With a new company. And hopefully in better hands than SCIMOB (but permissions still dock a star)
On April 8th, 2011, Akinator - a 20 questions game - was one of the first FAOTD Amazon offered, and it blew us away. My son - 7 years old at the time - couldn't keep his hands off it! We had so much fun trying to stump the app. But a few months later, in December 2011, the company, SCIMOB pulled the plug on its paid app and no longer provided server access. This meant...
Published 14 months ago by Robert Reese

Akinator is a Good, Fun game but it is not worth Compromising your DEVICE and SECURITY!
It installs a Huge list of ADDONS. Seems like serious DATA MINING SPYWARE sneaking in!
Published 14 months ago by Humble Human

1.0 out of 5 stars *CAUTION* Installs 14 ADDONS and PUSH Notifications - That's TOO EXCESSIVE!, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Akinator the Genie (App)
Selling out to Marketing, Advertising and Data Miner Leaches is very UNETHICAL. All these excessive Addons plus PUSH Notifications are Annoying and can be Detrimental to our Devices. It is Unforgivable that they never mention any of this in descriptions. Fortunately, there are Addon Detector apps to help us find the SPYWARE on our devices so we can GET RID OF THEM.

No matter how good the app may be, Unethical Deception to Spy on us makes it DENGEROUS.
I will not REWARD the Developer for Flagrant Greed and Deception like this. STAY AWAY!!!

It is Disappointing and Discouraging that AMAZON does not protect us from this or even inform us about the excessive Addons and Push Notifications. They claim to CHECK EVERY APP? SAD!

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work, December 6, 2012
Jennifer Emery (MERRIMAC, MA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Akinator the Genie (App)
I bought this game because I used a friends on ipad and it was GREAT..bought for my kindle and it will not work. E-mailed for help and that did not help. Very disappointed

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Akinator the Genie (App)
I really want people to be aware of the dangers in downloading this app. Check the permissions. They are many and invasive. There is no wonder so many people claim it stops working. It is probably some type of spyware or adware. None the less, it will more than likely load junk detrimental to your device. Amazon has a habit of including these apps as the faotd.I always check the permissions from apps, especially the faotd apps. I recommend everyone to do the same.

2.0 out of 5 stars As fun as it is...It's NOT worth the security issues!, June 5, 2013
ladym (Az, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Akinator the Genie (App)
I got this app for my Kindle Fire HD for my 8year old and I to play. It's a fun app and we had a lot of fun trying to find a character it did not know. After about a day my kindle would freeze and would take along time to do anything. The game would also get hung up and we would have to start over. Long story short...I uninstalled it from my Kindle and off the cloud, I also went to setting and deleted cookies and such to make sure everything would be deleted. My Kindle was back to normal. I then was curious to see if in fact the app made my Kindle run so poorly or was it because I had not deleted cookies, and cache and such in a long time? I reinstalled it and sure enough same problems. SO I deleted it again and my kindle is working as it should. I will not install this app again! I'm surprised that Amazon allows apps that are clearly harmful for Kindles and a security risk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous permissions, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Akinator the Genie (App)
This app has very invasive permissions. I will not take the risk for a silly game app.
Advise you avoid this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Annoying Constant Errors, June 1, 2013
Stephanie (Westport, CT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Akinator the Genie (App)
The game was great and fun for about an hour, but after that it would even let me get to the menu with say "internal service error" which after multiple times because very aggravating. This problem should be fixed because right now I regret paying 99 cents.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT DOWNLOAD, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Akinator the Genie (App)
Its eerie and very strsnge to me how much they want to access in exchange for this application. They stop just short of needing to know your social security number and credit card information. If you'd asked me (and I'm not into conspiracy theories) theres something very fishy going on with this "seemingly harmless" app.

1.0 out of 5 stars Read this review before you buy the app!!!, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Akinator the Genie (App)
I got this app a while ago, and I decided to make this review because this horrible app is on the free app of the day! First of all, this app is VERY dangerous! It's a spy app, it can get into your device!! This gave me a virus, and it took a month to fix! Second of all, this app doesn't work. I was trying to guess Tobuscus, and it said "is your character female?" AT LEAST TWO TIMES!!!! And when the time was to show me the answer, it showed up with iJustine. No. You are incorrect. I tried about 6 times when it finally came up with Tobuscus.
PLEASE don't buy this app, it's for your own good. I enjoy the computer version better. Do not get this app, it's a total waste of money, it's not safe, and it's stupid. Thank you for reading.

1.0 out of 5 stars wtf permissions? what for?, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Akinator the Genie (App)
tired of apps being made just to sell off data mined by outrageous permissions. its the new scam of the decade.

1.0 out of 5 stars This app wants to know your accounts., June 5, 2013
This review is from: Akinator the Genie (App)
Its predictions are good if you're like most people, and you likely are more than you think. Most of us are more predictable than we'd like to believe.

But I just can't get over the permissions.

Akinator the Genie