Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Price:$17.24+ Free shipping

on September 20, 2007
I recently purchased this same tie from the WB harry poter store . I actually got the chenille scarf and tie set which is about 43.00, anyways it is this same tie and it was dark purple NOT Maroon at all. I suggest you buy your tie from Wild Ties their tie is exactly the right color, less expensive and also better quality.
on January 18, 2011
Ok, To begin, the Gryffindor colors of the Hogwarts House that Harry, Ron and Hermione are in, are; Burgandy and Gold, this tie, is a dark purple, nowhere near the color of Burgandy. Its nice that it has the crest of Gryffindor on it, but that doesn't matter when the colors are completely wrong. Any true Harry Potter enthusiast will notice the difference in the colors. I have read many reviews on the ties from multiple distributors of the Harry Potter tie, and all say the same thing, that the tie is purple and not anywhere near the accurate colors of Gryffindor. I received this tie and with dissapointment, I will be returning it because it is not accurately colored to the house colors. Harry Potter is a huge phenomenon and obsession with so many kids, you would think that it would not be hard to make a burgandy and gold colored tie. It is specifically seen in every movie as burgandy and gold and even stated in the movies, and of course in the books. It is displayed on every Harry Potter merchandise on the market as gold and burgandy, and it does not seem difficult to me to make a correctly colored tie for these fans. If you are looking for an accurately colored Tie, I suggest typing into Amazon burgandy and gold men's striped tie, and you will be successful .
on November 23, 2015
I ordered this for my Halloween costume. I know a lot of people complained about the color, but it matches the colors from the movie. Anyway, I loved it. I'm not one of those elitist fans where the thread count on the robe matters. It was just for fun and everyone loved it! I even made my own wand out of chop sticks! ^_^
review image
on January 18, 2011
Colors are NOT Gryffindor colors. It's more of a deep purple. It cost cheap but do not expect actual Hogwarts clothing. The product itself is in great condition and no hassle but again, NOT actual Harry Potter tie.
on October 24, 2011
CONS:
- Inaccurate color
- This tie is DEEP PURPLE!

**Search for the Wild Ties "Boy's Boarding School Costume Silk Tie by Principessa in Burgundy/Gold"**

THE WILD TIES COSTUME TIE:
- The MOST AUTHENTIC, yet one of the LEAST EXPENSIVE, Gryffindor ties on the market.
- 100% accurate to the film's burgundy & gold.
- Pairs PERFECTLY in color with the Gryffindor Robe from the Universal Studios Online Store (The Wizarding World of Harry Potter).
on August 25, 2011
I bought this Tie to wear as a teacher. Thought the kids would like the idea that I can relate to them more. The tie came in the mail and it was made of good material. However i sent it back due to the fact the color was more purple than red. Didn't appeal to me seeing most Gryffindor colors are brighter red than purple.
on December 22, 2014
Wore this as a part of a Harry Potter Halloween costume, very well made. I plan on wearing it for the sparse occasions that a tie is required and I don't want to wear a formal tie. AKA will probably wear next year as Harry Potter again. If you want a Gryffindor tie, buy this one, you won't regret that you did!
on July 7, 2011
It is a nice tie, but there is not a trace of red. It'd probably be better to buy a generic red and gold tie...
on December 14, 2014
There were complaints of the red part looking purple. And admittedly, in some lighting, it did look a bit on the purple side. But in most lighting, it was at it should be. Also, the tie was of premium quality and full sized for an adult.
on December 6, 2014
First of all who doesn't love Harry Potter??? Well in this house it is our favorite! I bought this for my 14 yr old for Halloween and it's such a nice tie. She got so many compliments on it. Such great quality!