5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sunblock!!
This sunblock is great!! Goes on very smooth and moisturizes my face and it also feels very light. It actually smooth out my wrinkle and works great with my acne prone skin. Does not clog my pores. Since it's oil-free it does not make my skin oilier.

LH
Published on March 10, 2011 by shrimp

3.0 out of 5 stars Allergic reaction
Published on March 7, 2012 by M. Wrigley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sunblock!!, March 10, 2011

LH

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sunscreen EVER, August 10, 2010
This review is from: Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46, 48-Gram 1.7 oz. (Misc.)
My dermatologist recommended this product because I refused to wear heavy SPF on a daily basis under my make-up. This product is incredibly light -- it does not have any of the icky, thick, greasy feeling of every other sunscreen out there -- plus it works. I use it absolutely every day -- even if I'm indoors -- just out of habit. It is very reasonably priced for something this high quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! An SPF Product worth reviewing..., June 25, 2012
This review is from: Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46, 48-Gram 1.7 oz. (Misc.)
I am an avid online shopper on all the sites and I rely heavily on reviews, yet I never have left one myself until now. I am in my 30's, fair complexion and somewhat dry-ish skin. I have been buying SPF products FOR YEARS looking for something I can put on my face that blends easily so I can put make up on afterwards, something that doesn't have fragrance (I'm super sensitive to fragrance) and something that doesn't leave a white, ghostly hue all over my skin or pill up after rubbing. I have purchased it ALL. My favorite in the last year or so has been La Roche Posay Extreme Fluid SPF 50, which is very good compared to the millions of other products out there. But it has a slight fragrance and it does leave a slight white hue on my face and I have to wait forever for it to blend into my skin (and probably wear off) before applying make up, so I often go without it - which is bad for my fair skin and I live in Los Angeles where the sun is hot and always shining.

I decided to try yet another SPF product and ordered Elta MD because a few years ago I used an SPF tinted moisturizer from this line that I liked very much until I discovered Laura Mercier's line (which I LOVE). I remembered Elta MD being really nice on the skin, effective and fragrance free. So I ordered this Elta MD Clear SPF and I'M SO GLAD I DID!!!! It's my favorite! It isn't greasy, it is indeed CLEAR as you apply it to your face (even though it comes out of the bottle white), it's fragrance free and it blends into my skin like a normal moisturizer. I hope Elta MD NEVER stops producing this product. It is everything I have needed. Somebody FINALLY got it right! Seriously, buy this because the more people know about it, the longer it stays on the shelves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sunscreen, June 24, 2014
This review is from: Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46, 48-Gram 1.7 oz. (Misc.)
I try to avoid the skin to keep my skin looking young and this product is the best sunscreen I've found. Most sunscreens leave my skin feeling chalky but this goes on smooth and hardly feels like an SPF cream. I try really hard to keep my skin looking young by avoiding the sun. If you combine this sunscreen with oral anti-aging supplements such as Renuvaderm and PhytoDerm Renuvaderm - The Most Complete Anti-Aging Skin Supplement! and PhytoDerm - The Best 100% Pure Skin Restoring Anti-Aging Phytoceramides! as both have been featured on Dr. Oz as miracle supplements to help you look younger and I find they really work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Animal friendly and works great, September 20, 2010
This review is from: Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46, 48-Gram 1.7 oz. (Misc.)
First off, the best thing about this product and the company EltaMD is that they are PETA approved which means they are 100% cruelty free. Amazingly this product is vegan as well.
Besides being animal friendly, this sunscreen is awesome! It's consistency is light and it soaks into the skin. My skin is very prone to severe cystic acne and so far this has not broken me out. I am SO sick of companies thinking that if you are looking for an oil free non pore clogging product that they have to put salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in them which makes acne worse. Luckily EltaMD has made this perfect product not loaded with chemicals and skin drying crap! An added bonus is that the niacinamide in this product not only helps calm acne prone skin. but it helps with aging. This product is awesome for those of us that have adult acne and are looking for something that won't break us out, dry us out and will have anti-aging benefits.
This is the best sunscreen as well as moisturizer that I have ever used! It's oil free, fragrance free and not tinted (thank goodness!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sunscreen for Oily Skin, June 8, 2011
This review is from: Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46, 48-Gram 1.7 oz. (Misc.)
This sunscreen is the very best for oily, acne prone skin. I have tried so many sunscreens over the past few years but never stuck with them because they all caused my oily skin to look and feel oiler and all seemed to emphasize my large pores and make them appear even larger. When I went to a dermatologist for pigmentation issues she told me I MUST use a sunscreen and recommended this one when I told her of my issues. She said I would LOVE this one and she was absolutely right! I don't go a day without sunscreen now thanks to this product. Also, I have found my adult cystic acne has virtually disappeared since using this sunscreen. I have used proactiv solution and other systems for years and have been treated by a dermatologist for acne, but it has never completely gone away until using this sunscreen. I am very particular about everything I put on my face and I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will help protect us from harmful rays, June 16, 2014
This review is from: Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46, 48-Gram 1.7 oz. (Misc.)
I LOVE this sunscreen. I take really good care of my skin, and I know that harsh sun rays can be extremely damaging. I dont muck around with low end brands that leave nasty residues all over my skin. This sunscreen is just so light on my skin, I love it. I use this in conjunction with my daily routine: NuNutrients - Cucumber Eye Cream for under and around my eyes, which is extremely soothing and helps with the wrinkles around my eyes, and then also a more generic Cetaphil moisturizer for the rest of my face and neck which feels great.

Im 42 and people think I am only about 30. If you take care of your skin properly, then you will be in the same boat as me. Goodluck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sensitive skin, June 16, 2011
This review is from: Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46, 48-Gram 1.7 oz. (Misc.)
Not only is this perfect for those with fair and sensitive skin but also for those with photosensitivity. I usually spend the spring and summer slathered in white sunblock and layers of clothing. Even with that protection I end up with severe sunburns and hives from any sun exposure. This year I tried Elta Md UV Clear SPF 46 and have had fantastic results since April. No sunburns, no hives, no breakouts, and my skin looks great! You cannot tell I'm wearing sunblock! I do wear a layer of my normal moisturizer first, then add the Elta, but it still just rubs right in to my skin. It lasts all day as well.I cannot say enough how much love this product. It really has changed how I feel about the sunny summer days.
***March 2012 edit: Well, after nearly a year I'm still in love. It has even allowed me to start to build a resistance to the sun that I thought I would never be able to do. I can stay out in the sun longer and it lasts forever. If you wear it constantly, 4-6 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best sunscreen I've found, October 1, 2010
AMM (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46, 48-Gram 1.7 oz. (Misc.)
This sunscreen is whisper-light, fragrance free and moisturizing. It absorbs quickly into the skin without leaving a tacky, sticky, oily or mask-like feeling and has no fragrance. I don't even feel like I'm wearing anything on my skin. I am 40 and have hormonal acne and melasma. This product does not block my pores and it does a great job protecting my skin from additional sun damage. In fact, my skin hasn't looked this good in years. I'm rarely inspired to write a product review, but I think this one is worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Allergic reaction, March 7, 2012
M. Wrigley (Torrrance, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46, 48-Gram 1.7 oz. (Misc.)
I loved this product until I realized it was causing my son and myself to develop hives. The product is light and rubs in nicely. There is no greasy feel, although, there is a slight chalky feel to it. I love the dispenser because it is very easy to use. I have never broken out in hives as far as I can remember, so I have no idea what is in this product that is causing the hives. As long as you're not sensitive to this product, it is a great item.

Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46, 48-Gram 1.7 oz.
$29.99 $24.00