5.0 out of 5 stars Elvira at Her Best!
I am very excited to see that the new and improved Elvira's Movie Macabre series is coming (atleast some episodes) to DVD.

I hope they release the whole series.

The new and improved Elvira's Movie Macabre premiered on TV stations on late night weekend TV (Fri, Sat, Sun) during the Fall of 2010.

This Movie Macabre series is, in my view,...
Published on April 28, 2011 by Matthew DeLuca

1.0 out of 5 stars Audio and Video not in sync
This DVD for the most part is excellent for all the reasons you buy it. Elvira is as funny as you remember, and makes those loveable B horror movies so fun to watch. BUT for the last chapter of "I Eat Your Skin". The audio is out of sync with the video. I got one copy from Amazon.com and one from Walmart. Both have the same problem.
Published on July 7, 2011 by Rhonda

1.0 out of 5 stars Audio and Video not in sync, July 7, 2011
This review is from: Elvira's Movie Macabre: Night of Living Dead / I Eat Your SKin (DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars MAJOR GLITCH on I Eat Your Skin!!, June 24, 2011
The DVD was mastered improperly and the last 15-20 minutes of I Eat Your Skin is painful to sit through. Basically, the audio is about 3 seconds behind the video. This is a MAJOR mistake, and I've seen NOTHING on-line as far as some sort of compensation or correction of the problem. Save your money, perhaps EONE will correct the problem and the next print will work fine. As of right now, I personally know two other people who bought this disc only to find the same problem. Can't believe these other reviews didn't mention this MAJOR PROBLEM... Oh wait, as usual, they were written BEFORE the product was actually released!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvira at Her Best!, April 28, 2011

I hope they release the whole series.

This Movie Macabre series is, in my view, even better than the original. We get more Elvira (An automatic plus) via on screen pop up's (If only they were "Pop Outs") where Elvira puts in her witty, funny, two cents throughout the whole movie, not just during five or so segments during the show.You feel as if Elvira is actually there with you, watching the movies.

Plus, Elvira is hotter and funnier than ever.

Elvira said she had to watch "Night Of The Living Dead" about 13-15 times to come up with the right jokes,because she loves the movie, and as a fan, didnt want to make fun of it too much.

The other zombie movie included on this DVD is the fantastic "I Eat Your Skin".

I dont know if it's because of Elvira or not, but I actually enjoyed "I Eat Your Skin" more than "Night Of The Living Dead", although that was very enjoyable too.

But Elvira is at her best in "I Eat Your Skin". She will crack you up. There is a zombie that, as Elvira mentions, looks like former basketball star, Dennis Rodman. And that "Voodoo Island" song, which puns the "Gilligan's Island" theme song is a masterpiece of comedic talent!

I want EVERY episode of the new and improved "Elvira's Movie Macabre" on DVD. Please, release them all, especially, the Halloween and Christmas specials.

I will be buying every DVD of the new series that I can get my hands on.

And check your local late night listings for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, or go to Elvira's Official website, to see if the show is on a local channel in your area.

Elvira...."The piece that everyone's dying to rest in".

Hey I didnt make it up, Elvira did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back and Better than Ever, September 22, 2012
Just watched the DVD - I Eat Your Skin - and noticed no problems with the audio, no problems at all so I guess this is a new printing? Very happy to find that Elvira has at last decided to capitalize on her fan base and bring her old self back on DVD's - or live feed I guess. Its like coming full circle. I enjoyed her two movies, one released in 1988 and one in 2002 I think, found them both hilarious and filled with top comedic actors. She should certainly do more of these as they become feasible, but in the meantime keep bringing out the trashy "B" rated movies from way back when, with many pop-ups and "commercials" with E herself - still looking incredible of course. I will never tire of buying them myself - they are a perfect way of passing a solitary week-end or those rainy days you cant get out. She never disappoints! Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Elvira's as hot as ever ! Welcome back to TV !, June 26, 2011
In 2010 Elvira has returned to the fold to thrill us all with the rebirth of her television series Elvira's Movie Macabre. And as with most TV shows, they wind up on DVD
The first DVD contains the original Night of the Living Dead and I Eat Your Skin. For those not familiar with this series, she has segments during the film ala Mystery Science Theater 3000 ( actually she did this before MST3K was ever thought of) and sometimes she cuts into the film with a wisecrack.
Night of the Living Dead is one of the best horror movies of all time containing Zombies, a great brutal story and some groundbreaking gore for its time. This is the premier episode of the new series and Elvira pretty much stands pat as far as the movie goes as there are hardly any negative comments toward it - and how could she, since she acknowledges this is a great film, and her segments are basically about her setting up shop... now on the flip side
I Eat Your Skin aka Zombie, Voodoo Blood Bath, and other titles is grade Z schlock about zombies on voodoo island that are created by scientists using snake venom. A madman wants to rule the world. Throw in a novelist/womanizer, some cheap effects , zombies with fried egg eyes and youve got quite the picture.
I will admit I do like this film, and enjoy independent obscure horror films. Elvira in this episode cuts loose on the insults and wisecracks
The DVD presented by E One is overall really good - the transfers overall are perfectly adequate however there is an audio problem during the last half hour of I Eat Your Skin where its a few seconds ahead of the video..which means the lips are still movie after the lines are done...Hopefully that can be fixed..
Bonus materials are behind the scenes of the show, an Elvira music video and sneak peeks of the other 18 episodes shes done..
Overall any Elvira fan should not pass this up, especially for the price..2 movies for the price of 1 is a great deal despite the audio gaff..
Highly recommended !

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Awesome, June 14, 2011
Elvira does an awesome job, narrating and counter-balancing the fun classic 'Night of the Living Dead'.
Truly fun & enjoyable ~ Mikhail Tank

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but flawed, September 8, 2011
This is a nice dvd to have for the bonuses! Yeah there is a sync problem, probably due to one of my main gripes - these movies and bonuses are squeezed on to one dvd! Having bought dvd's from China before; this is not an uncommon problem. Usually it is too much info on the disc and the quality was dropped too low. A double sided dvd would have been good. This has also made another problem - there seems to be no menu option to go to the movie selection menu. I played this on a PS3 and watched I Eat Your Skin first; selecting it from the choice menu. It went to the menu for Eat Your Skin and after watching it, i found no way to go back and select Night of the Living Dead! I had stop the PS3 playback and then reselect the dvd only to have it jump straight into playing Night of the Living Dead. Overall video quality was fine watching it in 1080p. The voice/video sync was not that bad, other than it affected Elvira as well for the closing. The menu issues bugged me and the cheap 1 sided single dvd disappointed... and please, the $10.99 isn't much of a price difference vs. the older 2 dvd sets i had been buying. I like the new picture-in-picture bits she does, making it seem like she is more involved than just commercial breaks. Overall a nice dvd, but the technical issues with the menu could make this a bother for rewatching value, i mean who wants to have issues going from one movie to the other?!?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvira presents the Classics, July 19, 2011
This is a 1-disc DVD with 2 full-length movies, both pertaining to zombies. Night of the Living Dead is of course amazing, but I Eat Your Skin is definately not something you'd regret missing, though not regret seeing either.
Elivra is still as lovely as ever, never a dull moment with her; there is also more commentary than the older versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dvd! Great Show!, June 21, 2011
Guy C. Burr "cliffstar3" (Old Hickory, TN United States) - See all my reviews
Love these dvds- can't wait for more! I'm hoping for another season in the fall as well! I just love Elvira!

Movies on this one are almost good enough to watch by themselves, but with Elvira popping up as often as she does: So much fun!

1.0 out of 5 stars Elvira's Movie Macabre: Night of the Living Dead / I Eat your Skin, August 25, 2013
First off, I bought this DVD primarily because I wanted a good copy of I Eat Your Skin. Well, I was disappointed. The quality of the picture is good and the sound is fine, but the last bit of the movie is out of sync with the soundtrack. I also didn't care for Elvira's interruptions and breaks during the movie. I like Elvira and her corny and sometimes just plain bad jokes but I would rather see the movie complete and uninterrupted. I prefer Mystery Science Theater 3000 for heckling and jokes. Those guys know how to do it right. I also didn't like the trailers not being trailers, but just more of Elvira's input. Like I said, I like Elvira but I would rather see her participation limited to the introduction and the commentary after the film is over.

Elvira's Movie Macabre: Night of Living Dead / I Eat Your SKin