Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Triumph of the Nerds forum

Email response from Ambrose Video

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 23, 2006 1:35:00 PM PDT
B. Sinha says:
here's what they sent me:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry. We sell the original Triumph of the Nerds that was aired on PBS in 1996. The running time is 3 hours. Many customers have pursued on line selling services to find lower prices. What they have found often represents copies that were poorly( illegally) made. The problem lies
with the pirates. We pay royalties to the appropriate parties and make digital remastered DVDs. We guarantee a complete series.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
Ambrose Video

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2007 3:13:11 PM PDT
S. Breazeal says:
That's a very amusing, and patently false statement coming from them since even Robert Cringely himself has said it was cut up. The numerous cuts are well-documented here in various reviews and having the original that I taped from PBS when it was first shown I can verify them all.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2011 2:39:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 26, 2011 2:40:05 AM PST
Then PLEASE, by ALL MEANS. tell us where we can buy the full, unedited versions on DVD?
I have now purchased the VHS versions 3 times.......once because of a fire.
I don't want to argue about it, I just want the product please!

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 3:27:19 PM PDT
D. K. Malone says:
For the record, the Ambrose DVD is identical to the 3-tape VHS version that PBS used to sell from their online store. The only "complete" version is the original broadcast. Ambrose didn't edit it. PBS did, when they put the show on tape.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 12:39:12 PM PDT
That's great...now will someone please just give us the original product?
I don't care who, I don't care who gets the fees, hell, i don't even care if i have to pay an extra buck. Just give us the product!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  May 23, 2006
Latest post:  Apr 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Triumph of the Nerds Gift Set 3-Pk [VHS]
Triumph of the Nerds Gift Set 3-Pk [VHS] by Robert X. Cringely (VHS Tape - 1996)
4.7 out of 5 stars (107)