Published 16 months ago by wyldunicorn

1.0 out of 5 stars awful
Published 19 months ago by kelly

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, entertaining, educational tab that my kids won't put down!!!, April 18, 2013
This review is from: Ematic FunTab Pro 7" Android 4.0 Kid Safe Tablet (Personal Computers)
OVERALL: For around $100, IMHO you are getting a great Tablet in terms of Ease of use, educational quality, DURABILITY, and usability. If you want ease of use, access and parental perks, progress reports, ect. Then try the FUN TAB. If you are looking for something for more advanced children over 5th grade or 11 years ago, then maybe a Kindle Fire with more locks made by you might be the way to go but keep in mind, that most of our children are more technical savvy that we ourselves are. (my 14 year old daughter just downloaded a flatulence keyboard. You cannot un-hear Mary had a little lamb by passing gas, but my 9 and 10 year old cannot download it tho their FunTabs even when sitting right next to their sister for instructions. Thank goodness for the FunTab parental block) I hope my review helps.
** NOTE: I bought two of these for my 9 and 10 year old daughters. They had helped themselves to my $200.00 Kindle fire without my knowledge and I decided to get them their own tablets to save the fate of one of my Kindle fires. Before I gor these tablets, my girls wouldn't put down the PSP's. My kids have already broken 2 psp's so to define them as hard on electronics, that is an understatement. **
THE PROS: I have had these tablets for 3 months now and they are still going strong. These are my girls 1st official tablets and they haven't put them down for a day. The parental controls are great and they can download most age appropriate apps. Popular apps like Fruit ninja, angry birds, ect. were some of the apps that my girls play and the reason that they liked my Kindle. Other apps that I had never heard of like clouds and sheep, and squibble are among favorites that got e-mailed to me as one report showed. Oh YEAH, I get easy to understand reports on what my kids are using and drawings they are doing. I get to determine what types of educational games the Fun tab is promoting like math, life skills, reading, cognitive, science, creative, and social studies all neatly broken up in a pie chart as to which my child is using most. Nic, Victorious, Spongebob, ect are all available. The dual cameras take touch pics, self portraits, photos for slide shows, and video all produced my my kids for sharing to each other and family members. We haven't used the video chat simply since we are all in the same house but it would be easy for one to use one you set it up. There are many other plus' but you can discover that through your parent dashboard on your own.
THE CONS: It is a slower tablet than the pricier one out there. You as the parent have to set the Fun Tab up on your wi-fi network before they can use it. A lot of apps are free but you must "Go Pro" by subscribing for $5.00 a month to unlock the pro features of many games. A large complaint is that some of the programs are either no longer supported yet still available leaving the child wanting for more. Depending on the age group you signed up on, you have access to about 50+ apps instantly. You can rework the parent dashboard for more. This tablet is limited to 4th grade or 10 years age limit. Anything beyond you might want to look for a more complicated system.

4.0 out of 5 stars triple fun, February 9, 2013
We purchased three of these this year for Christmas for our triplets that are 8. They love theirs play them for hours . They even like the learning games on it that come preloaded. We have had no problems except one got a basketball to hit the screen and it broke . It was a accident and no fault of the product at all . Our kids love them so much we will have it repaired or replace it if we can't repair it . Well worth the purchase and not one of those toys they only play for a while and move on.

1.0 out of 5 stars awful, January 13, 2013
My son is six and my mother purchased this for him for christmas. It is actually awesome when it works. The first one lasted about a week and then we turned it off for dinner time, came back and it wouldnt turn back on. My son was upset and we read reviews from the site on this and saw this happened to many people but because my son loved it we gave it another shot we returned the first one to qvc and they even quit carrying it due to all the complaints. we ordered the second one through walmart figuring if it went out again it was an easy return. super happy to finally get the email it had arrived for pick up, only to have it work for a week once again and turned it off for shower time, came back and nothing. This time my son cried because he has to start everything over again and its a huge dissapointment. DONT GET THIS ITEM UNLESS YOU WANT FAIL AFTER FAIL WITH IT.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mine is fine, February 2, 2013
We have 2 of them and have had no problem with them at all. Our children have been playing with them since Christmas and love the games and the videos. No issues whatsoever so I don't understand all the bad reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Video Review of the Ematic FunTab Pro, March 23, 2013
Length:: 7:57 Mins

Our 3 year old daughter loves our iPad and iPhone, which serves at a great distraction however we do worry that she may drop and break one of our devices. The Ematic FunTab Pro is a fun, educational, and relatively inexpensive device. The good news is that our daughter really does enjoy spending time on her Ematic Fun Tab Pro - she takes turns between playing games that help with reading, math, and identifying shapes. She also enjoys the ability to draw, and edit, her pictures - in short she really does enjoy it.

Our daughter has both the Ematic FunTab Pro and a Leap Pad, but she plays with her FunTab Pro more often. Unlike the LeapPad the FunTab Pro does not require you to purchase any additional games - everything is (mostly) included. One caveat is that Ematic does offer a monthly subscription that allows you access to some of the premium features.

Notes-

- Runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich platform.

- 1.2Ghz processor provides

- 8 gigs of onboard memory

- Comes equipped with a forward facing and rear facing cameras. This gives you your child the ability to take photos (and edited) and to send video emails. The cool thing is that Zoodles gives you the ability to control who can can receive and send emails from your child

- Comes preloaded with a variety of educational games, fun games (like Angry Birds...and Slice the Fruit), and preloaded YouTube Videos (like the awesome "What I am" Sesame Street video from Will.I.Am).

- Individual profiles can be loaded so that the FunTab pro can be shared by two (or more) kids.

- Each week Zoodles will send you (the parent) and email updating you on the progress of your child. The email shows you how much time they spent on educational apps (and their progress), games, and videos.

- The video display is good, but not overly sharp (certainly not a retina display). In reality your child probably won't even notice because the display is *good enough*.

- Comes with an onboard HDMI output, a SD Card slot, earbuds, and a car charger.

- Battery life is ok... but not great. Expect somewhere between 2 to 4 hours of battery life on a charge.

- Does come with a variety of face plates - this will keep the boys and girls happy!

- Some of the apps (and most of the audio books) require a monthly subscription. The monthly subscription isn't very expensive, but it would have been nice if it was included for the purchase price.

- The sensitivity of the touchpad is *ok* but not great... however, much like the screen resolution it really does not matter since it is good enough.

Final verdict - The Ematic FunTab Pro offers plenty of apps and functionality to keep that average child happy. While it may be a bit too limited for children over 7 or 8 it is perfect beginner tablet for a younger child.

4 1/2 Stars

Please Note - I received this product for reviewing purposes

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, July 22, 2013
Was disappointed with Fun Tab bc it didn't work properly and wouldn't connect to the internet. Returned and bought something locally so I'd have better technical support.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not hold up to children usage, April 13, 2013
Purchased two units and both failed within one day. The issue was the charging port is weakly mounted and did not hold up to children recharging efforts. Went with a Nabi 2 which has a different charging apparatus and is still going strong. I do not recommend the Ematic product until they make a unit strong enough for children to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome, March 6, 2013
My son got this today for his birthday and he loves it! It is easy for him to use and easy to set up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for 2 days, December 28, 2013
I first gave a high rating of "so far so good." My grandson loved it for 2 days. The selection of games was very good and he liked the changeable faceplates. I just deleted that review and published this one.

The tablet worked for 2 days and then wouldn't turn on just as others have said here. He had charged it all night. We took it back to the store with a copy of the other reviews and exchanged it for an Archos Child Pad. So far Herschel is very happy with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure junk, June 7, 2013
Donald Cutler (Smithfield, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
I bought two for Christmas for the kids. One died in February and the second died in May. Just spend a few more bucks and get a better tablet.

Ematic FunTab Pro 7" Android 4.0 Kid Safe Tablet