Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

on December 6, 2012
Ok. We bought this tablet for our daughter for Christmas. She always plays with my Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket so this will be a nice device for her so I can have my phone back. LOL

Here is our review of the Ematic Funtab (Purple/Pink):

1) This is NOT an iPad or high priced tablet. This tablet is perfect for the age demographic (youth).
2) You MUST set-up the wifi before you can do anything. If you already operate an Android you should have no problem setting up the wifi.
3) The screen isn't as sensitive to touch and often times when typing the letters/numbers I touched it didn't exactly respond to the selection I was touching and I had to touch it again.
4) The wifi connection did drop once but has since not happened again.
5) The Zoodles app works perfectly along with all the other pre-installed apps.

Lastly, Google Play Store is NOT pre-installed on the tablet. Which is a fail, however, there is a workaround. You will have to download the app via connection to your laptop/desktop.
Amazon Appstore, however, can be downloaded directly to the tablet and has the same apps as Google Play Store with a plus of the "Free App" of the day feature.

Overall, my husband and I so far love this tablet (especially compared to the Nook Color we also got her but returned once we go the Ematic Funtab) for her. It's perfect for her age, 6.5 yrs, but still has the functionality, feel and operating system of the expensive tablets.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 22, 2013
I bought this tablet for my grandson. 3 weeks later it stops charging. I contacted Amazon and was told it was a "3rd party" sale. Ok, so I contacted the seller and after spending $14 in shipping to return the defective tablet, received a replacement 2 weeks later. This replacement tablet would not charge at all. It would only turn on if it was plugged in at the same time you turned it on. It is at this point I realize there are pictures of other people on the tablet and it has another child's name on the screen that it had been setup for. I assume this "refurb" was just a defective model that "Jake's" parents had already sent back and was reshipped to me as my replacement. I again contact customer service at ACTION GEAR and he tells me that he will personally check the next one that goes out after I return the 2nd defective model. Again I spend another $14 to ship this item to ACTION GEAR and wait 2 weeks to get a replacement - I eagerly open the box to charge it up and a piece of plastic falls to the floor when I take it out of the box. Yup, it's the on/off button. I give up, I'm not spending another $14 to ship this crap back to the same crook that sends out this garbage in the first place.
I paid $99 for a product described as new and every one of these tablets came with some other families pictures on it. This is the cut and paste from my account
Items Ordered Price
1 of: Ematic FunTab 4GB 7 Multi-Touch Screen Kids Tablet with Android 4.0 (Blue and Green) [Personal Computers]
Condition: New
Sold by: Action Gear (seller profile)
$99.99
Bottom Line: BEWARE
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 18, 2012
I read the reviews before I purchased this for my 5 yr old grand-daughter that loves to play games on my iPhone. I almost didn't order it due to the negative reviews!!! I got it yesterday! Charged it and this morning I was so thrilled with this product! I live in a rural area with no wifi! Unless I go to McDonald's haha!!' but, this tablet has over 25 built in apps like angy birds, cut the rope, any smasher, kids abcs, kids animal planet, kids phobics, connect the dot, kids numbers, squabble art, front and back camera and more!! She will b thrilled with what is on it now and we will b able to get iBooks and other apps when we go to a wifi location!!!! Sioohappt that I got this because it is made for kids and the graphics and screens are beautiful ' the touch screen works fine! My 62 yr old husband with no computer background played games with no problem!! Don't hesitate... Order
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 17, 2013
EMATIC FUNTAB

I bought this tablet for my 2 year old daughter. I set it up prior to giving it to her. It was fairly simple. Switching screens from kid mode to mommy mode is a little confusing at first. I found myself " lost " a few times. The preloaded apps are nice, and it was fairly simple to put everything else I wanted on it. Which wasn't much, considering the age of my daughter. The tablet is fast, but dropped wifi a few times. Over all I didn't have any problems with it.

It doesn't come with a case, but it has grips on either side that are a nice addition.

Kid safe? Nope. Screen broke in a couple of weeks. The glass and the LCD both shattered. The glass and the LCD broke from a 1 1/2 foot drop onto plush carpet. The point of impact was the upper right hand corner, it shattered clear across the screen.

I didn't buy this tablet from amazon, and the place I bought it from didn't fulfill the warranty. This isn't the tablets fault obviously, but beware of that if you buy it some place else. I emailed ematic (3 times) to see if they could fix it for a charge, or if it was covered by some sort of manufactures warranty. It's been a few months and I'm still waiting for a response. Talking to a local shop that repairs screens, they quoted 95$. I paid $50.00 for this tablet the day after thanksgiving.

The price of this tablet is great. I'm not sure why the blue is so much more than the pink though.

Other than the broken screen, which happens, this is a nice tablet for a child.
*******************************************************

Nabi 2

I bought this tablet (nabi 2) for my 3 year old son. I set it up prior to giving it to him. Set up was easy, " mommy mode " is brilliant. The tablet is fast and reliable. I had zero problems with movies and apps. I was able to upload every app I wanted too and make it " perfect " in a few hours.

One thing I didn't like was that some apps can't be removed from the child screen, and they need to be purchased to play past the trial. The child can't accidental buy anything, but it caused a couple of head aches.

The case is thick and easy to grip. We received the alphabet pack as a free gift when we ordered it. Those are also great, my son really enjoyed them.

***Kid safe? Not a chance. The screen was broke with in a week. The glass and the LCD broke when my son was playing with the preloaded drum set app. He was hitting the screen with his fingers, having a crazy amount of fun... until it broke. He wasn't hitting it very hard, but apparently hard enough. Nabi will replace the screen for around $80.00, if you don't have a warranty to cover the cost.

I read rave reviews for this tablet before I purchased it, perhaps ours was just unlucky.

***********************************************************

My children are obviously young, they are just starting out with electronics. They were supervised while playing with both the Nabi and funtab. There was no abuse, or rough play with them. They didn't have them long enough for rough play. They broke from pure accidents. An older child might not have the same issues we had with the screens at all.

I waited for my son to get a little older and gave him my old Coby Kyros 9.7 inch to play with. It's been six months and the screen is still intact. It was fairly easy to child proof. We don't have a problem with him clicking adds, going to any website let alone an inappropriate one, or buying anything. I simply blocked the Wifi and browsers. He hasn't found his way into the settings or anything like that. (yet) Its far to slow for me, but to use it for the things my son likes to do ( movies, learning apps, low graphic games) it's pretty great.

Over all, no tablet is kid safe. No magic screen that won't break. Both kid tablets had in app purchases I couldn't hide. Even if the screens didn't break on the first two tablets, I didn't find anything so special about "mommy mode" to pay the extra money for it.
on June 1, 2013
The white button for the off and on switch fell off and the tablet freezes on you from time to time. It is hard to contact customer service for this company for this tablet.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 18, 2013
When my daughter first got she loved it. But the quality of item is poor 1st the volume button broke and then the power so she has no way of turning it on know. I am very disappointed try to return it not luck. I would recommend it anyone the Nabi is the better way to go.
on January 18, 2013
This Ematic is great.My daughter is learning a lot on it & she's only 4 years old.Where both learning things on it.
on May 1, 2013
More than pleased with the tablet.exactly what I thought it would be plenty of preloaded apps and games. My grandson took to it immediately. So much so his brother wants one as well
on June 13, 2013
Got the run around several times from computer brains staff. This was gonna be my grandsons birthday gift.never deal with computer brain again.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 12, 2013
My mother bought it for my son and he loves it....He acts like he got a mini computer....He mostly love the games he has downloaded.