Most helpful positive review
96 of 102 people found the following review helpful
Good Tablet for Children
on December 6, 2012
Ok. We bought this tablet for our daughter for Christmas. She always plays with my Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket so this will be a nice device for her so I can have my phone back. LOL
Here is our review of the Ematic Funtab (Purple/Pink):
1) This is NOT an iPad or high priced tablet. This tablet is perfect for the age demographic (youth).
2) You MUST set-up the wifi before you can do anything. If you already operate an Android you should have no problem setting up the wifi.
3) The screen isn't as sensitive to touch and often times when typing the letters/numbers I touched it didn't exactly respond to the selection I was touching and I had to touch it again.
4) The wifi connection did drop once but has since not happened again.
5) The Zoodles app works perfectly along with all the other pre-installed apps.
Lastly, Google Play Store is NOT pre-installed on the tablet. Which is a fail, however, there is a workaround. You will have to download the app via connection to your laptop/desktop.
Amazon Appstore, however, can be downloaded directly to the tablet and has the same apps as Google Play Store with a plus of the "Free App" of the day feature.
Overall, my husband and I so far love this tablet (especially compared to the Nook Color we also got her but returned once we go the Ematic Funtab) for her. It's perfect for her age, 6.5 yrs, but still has the functionality, feel and operating system of the expensive tablets.