5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for grownups, too!
A friend of mine gave me a copy of Ed Emberley's "Fingerprint Drawing Book" and some colored stamp pads for my birthday last year. I had so much fun with it, that I bought the "Complete Funprint Drawing Book" for my five year old niece. We both have lots of fun making "thumbies", and she's able to follow the steps very easily.
I enjoy decorating blank cards and...
Published on February 16, 2004 by Carol Martzinek

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute!
I only rated this 3 stars, but it's only because we don't really use this a lot, but it has numerous ideas in it. I bought it for our 6 year old for Christmas and she has no problems following the directions for the different ideas. I can grown ups using this for making cards and crafts of some sort it your creative as well. The notebook itself is good quality and not...
Published 3 months ago by sydney4584

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for grownups, too!, February 16, 2004
This review is from: Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book (Paperback)
I enjoy decorating blank cards and envelopes, and have created scenes using combinations of various fingerprint figures. For example, on one card, I created a winter scene using the skiier, ice skater and snowman, and another using the football player and cheerleader figures. I also use a variation of the queen "thumbie" on the membership cards I've created for my local chapter of Sweet Potato Queens, known as The Couch Potato Queens.
Fingerprint art is fun for everyone, and the books are great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for all ages - easy to follow instructions, October 25, 2003
Karen (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book (Paperback)
I borrowed this book from our local library to use for my daughter's kindergarten project. The drawings are very easy to follow.
I was first introduced to Ed Emberley's books when I received his animal drawing book as a young child. I spent hours drawing animals. It helped me to become creative.
This book combines 2 of Ed's books - thumbprint and fingerprint drawings. It is nice to have the choice because with the different sizes in fingertips, you can create different sized animals and depth within pictures. I especially love the section on fingerprint drawings. The detail and color suggestions are wonderful.
I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy for anyone, January 15, 2004
Kimberly Mitchell "mommajm" (Milford, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book (Paperback)
I'm not crafty and this was so easy for me, my 7 year old son, and even my 2 year old daughter. A terrific activity for our cancelled school snow day. Simple instructions to follow and a great sense of self esteem for the children as they accomplish their creations. No frustration for mom trying to explain it either. I'm telling all my girlfriends about this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun fun fun, August 8, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book (Paperback)
What a fun book. My 5 year old son loved it and has already improved his drawing quite a bit. Thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book but not exactly "new", March 11, 2003
This review is from: Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book (Paperback)
Ed Emberley is fantastic, and I was so excited that he had a "new" book out that I didn't notice the small print. This isn't a new book, but a compilation of the Fingerprint Drawing Book and the Great Thumbprint Drawing Book.
I'm not upset, because I love giving these books as gifts and will happily give this one, but I was very disappointed that it was not, in fact, a new book from Emberley.

4.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD STARTING PLACE FOR KIDS TO DRAW, June 26, 2006
This review is from: Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book (Paperback)
I purchased this book to use in two art camps. One was focused on printmaking and the other on cartooning. Once students open the book they were eager to try out the fingerprint illustrations and began looking for particular animals they wanted to illustrate. The book is colorful and appealing and provides a good starting place for kids to draw with ready success 'at their fingertips.' The only problem we encountered was the need for fine line marker for details as their fingerprints are small and their drawings were less successful if the marker they used was too thick or bled.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lifesaver for Grandparent Gifts, November 3, 2006
T. Birdwell (Sugar Hill, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book (Paperback)
I had no idea what to give the grandparents for Christmas last year, then I found out about this book. My 3 year old son and I went through the book, picked his favorite ones and made drawings for all of the grandparents. Two things to know, some of the items are harder than others, especially for a three year old, and you have to help. They can do the prints, but you will need to do the detail work. The book offers many creative ideas for finger and thumb prints. I'm using it again this year on pottery at one of those paint your own places. If you aren't creative, let this book help you. The grandparents were wowed!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why should kids have all the fun?, August 7, 2003
Kit Kat's Korner (Butler, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book (Paperback)
I love to be creative when sending out birthday cards and notes. The characters that you can create with Ed's books make you feel like you have an artistic flair...even if you failed art in grade school. What is nice is that there are a variety of ways to use the materials and make your own versions of cartoons by incorporating different faces, etc. I bought the first book by Ed for my son when he was in gradeschool and I promptly hid it...why should he have all of the fun? You can make the prints in plain black ink and use colored markers to make the pictures pop. It is well worth the $.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 5 yo daughter LOVED this book., March 6, 2006
This review is from: Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book (Paperback)
We gave my 5 yo daughter this book, some washable kid's ink pads and a sketchbook this weekend for her 5th birthday. She LOVES it. She drew some pretty amazing pictures last night with just a little help to work through the steps. I'm sure she'll be creating masterpieces all on her own in no time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a good as I remembered, August 15, 2005
This review is from: Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book (Paperback)
Gave this to my precocious 5 year old neice- she loved it! Lots of fun for her and grandma to work on together and drawn fun things.

Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book
Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book by Ed Emberley (Paperback - April 1, 2002)
$11.99 $6.77