Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 16, 2004
A friend of mine gave me a copy of Ed Emberley's "Fingerprint Drawing Book" and some colored stamp pads for my birthday last year. I had so much fun with it, that I bought the "Complete Funprint Drawing Book" for my five year old niece. We both have lots of fun making "thumbies", and she's able to follow the steps very easily.
I enjoy decorating blank cards and envelopes, and have created scenes using combinations of various fingerprint figures. For example, on one card, I created a winter scene using the skiier, ice skater and snowman, and another using the football player and cheerleader figures. I also use a variation of the queen "thumbie" on the membership cards I've created for my local chapter of Sweet Potato Queens, known as The Couch Potato Queens.
Fingerprint art is fun for everyone, and the books are great!
on October 25, 2003
I borrowed this book from our local library to use for my daughter's kindergarten project. The drawings are very easy to follow.
I was first introduced to Ed Emberley's books when I received his animal drawing book as a young child. I spent hours drawing animals. It helped me to become creative.
This book combines 2 of Ed's books - thumbprint and fingerprint drawings. It is nice to have the choice because with the different sizes in fingertips, you can create different sized animals and depth within pictures. I especially love the section on fingerprint drawings. The detail and color suggestions are wonderful.
I highly recommend this book!
on January 15, 2004
I'm not crafty and this was so easy for me, my 7 year old son, and even my 2 year old daughter. A terrific activity for our cancelled school snow day. Simple instructions to follow and a great sense of self esteem for the children as they accomplish their creations. No frustration for mom trying to explain it either. I'm telling all my girlfriends about this book.
on August 8, 2003
What a fun book. My 5 year old son loved it and has already improved his drawing quite a bit. Thumbs up!
on March 11, 2003
Ed Emberley is fantastic, and I was so excited that he had a "new" book out that I didn't notice the small print. This isn't a new book, but a compilation of the Fingerprint Drawing Book and the Great Thumbprint Drawing Book.
I'm not upset, because I love giving these books as gifts and will happily give this one, but I was very disappointed that it was not, in fact, a new book from Emberley.
on June 26, 2006
I purchased this book to use in two art camps. One was focused on printmaking and the other on cartooning. Once students open the book they were eager to try out the fingerprint illustrations and began looking for particular animals they wanted to illustrate. The book is colorful and appealing and provides a good starting place for kids to draw with ready success 'at their fingertips.' The only problem we encountered was the need for fine line marker for details as their fingerprints are small and their drawings were less successful if the marker they used was too thick or bled.
on November 3, 2006
I had no idea what to give the grandparents for Christmas last year, then I found out about this book. My 3 year old son and I went through the book, picked his favorite ones and made drawings for all of the grandparents. Two things to know, some of the items are harder than others, especially for a three year old, and you have to help. They can do the prints, but you will need to do the detail work. The book offers many creative ideas for finger and thumb prints. I'm using it again this year on pottery at one of those paint your own places. If you aren't creative, let this book help you. The grandparents were wowed!!
on March 6, 2006
We gave my 5 yo daughter this book, some washable kid's ink pads and a sketchbook this weekend for her 5th birthday. She LOVES it. She drew some pretty amazing pictures last night with just a little help to work through the steps. I'm sure she'll be creating masterpieces all on her own in no time!
on August 15, 2005
Gave this to my precocious 5 year old neice- she loved it! Lots of fun for her and grandma to work on together and drawn fun things.
on April 28, 2003
Having twin 14 year old daughters, it has become increasingly difficult to find things to do on our Family Fun Night. When this book arrived, we didn't even need to wait for Friday to roll around. We all sat around the table having a great time, copying the designs and laughing hysterically at the results. When it was time to go to bed, there were cries of "Please, just one more". The only thing I caution you about is the need to have some stamp pads around when the book arrives. You'll want to get to it right away!!!!