5.0 out of 5 stars Easiest books to use to learn to draw
Published on August 27, 2005 by microjoe

3.0 out of 5 stars gift
Just okay. I'm not into monsters but thought this might have some new ideas for the fingerprint pictures we create
Published 12 months ago by Julia S

5.0 out of 5 stars Easiest books to use to learn to draw, August 27, 2005
Ed Emberly has made some wonderful books for kids and grown-ups of any age that have no drawing skills, but want to learn a simple way. His books are the easiest books to get you started if you have no previous drawing skills. He starts with a step by step illustrated lesson to draw one simple item. First a simple straight line here, then insert a circle then, then another line, step by step along the way and before you know it you have a completed drawing that you can be really proud of. I teach Cub Socuts and this artist makes the perfect book for teaching a class when you are a volunteer yourself that is not an art pro.

In this one, he teaches us to make monsters of all sorts like a witch, wolfman, Frankenstein, vampire, Also see his book, "Make a World", and "The Big Green Drawing Book". If you want more Halloween related drawings including cats, jack o'lanterns, and a full haunted house, try Ed Emberley's "Big Orange Drawing Book".

5.0 out of 5 stars I taught myself to draw with Ed Emberley!, October 28, 2007
This review is from: Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Weirdos (Ed Emberley Drawing Books) (Paperback)
Ed Emberley is amazing. This book is great for Halloween or those times when you want to draw a monster or two. I taught myself how to use Illustrator and Ed's books are a great resource because of the way he simplifies each drawing. Don't fear, this book can be used just as well with pencils, crayons or markers.

5.0 out of 5 stars my students will love this, November 25, 2007
I teach art to many levels and the students already love the Big Purple Book and The Big Orange Book. This will quickly become their favorite!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ed Emberley inspires my daughter in all her drawings and doodles, February 3, 2009
My daughter brought home two of Ed Emberley's drawing books from the school library.

She immediately began to draw little cartoons and towns and people using the books as guides to her work.

When she showed me her work I was amazed and quite tickled to see how well she had done.

She was totally into these books for the time period that she had them. When I looked on Amazon to see if they were something stocked (the books from the libary were quite old and well worn) I was pleasantly suprised to see that they are still sold and in paperback form no less.

For the price that Amazon had them at, the 4 for 3 promotion that was applied, and the sheer joy of my 10 year old daughter, I had to order four of them.

As far as drawing books go, she has never been so pleased.

They are well worth the investment as your child will be provided with hours of entertainment if drawing is one of their favorite activities.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kids Love It!, July 14, 2010
Ed Emberly books are a great way to help kids break down the drawing process. At first I was concerned following the steps took away some of the creativity of drawing, but that has not proven to be the case. My five year old son absolutely loves it. He went from refusing to draw because he couldn't get the pictures the way he wanted them to sitting down daily with his Ed Emberly books. He gets a huge sense of accomplishment from being able to draw the characters. This book is a bit more advanced than the "Animals" version, so you might want to consider starting with an easier book, but the kids love the zany creatures you can draw in this one. My son thanked Ed Emberly for helping him learn to draw before he went to sleep the other night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Second generation, April 7, 2011
Cathleen Myers (Chambersburg, PA USA) - See all my reviews
When my children were small I used Ed Emberley's books to draw pictures for them (not being very artistic myself!!). As they grew, they used the books to develop drawing skills...or, in reality, instead of doing homework. Now I have grandchildren and I bought the books to introduce them to creative drawing using basic shapes. It is fun to see a product span the generations. An Ed Emberley book, a box of good colored pencils and a pad of drawing paper make a fairly inexpensive gift that needs no batteries and uses something today's children seem to lack...their imagination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well received gift!, January 4, 2011
mom, wife, chick (Chicagoland, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This was a gift for a 7yr old little boy who loves the Ed Emberly books and LOVED this book! It's not very big but there are lots of tiny pics to copy and draw inside so I think it's deceptively full of stuff to do. The true test of an items worth is how much it's enjoyed and I know this item was well enjoyed by the little boy who received it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super easy, December 31, 2008
Bought this book, and others, for my 9 year old, since he loves to draw. The book shows you step by step on how to draw various 'weirdos'...I am by no means artistic, and was able to create my very own creatures. Fun to do with kids. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Emberley continues to deliver a great book!, January 8, 2010
We LOVE Ed Emberley's books. We own many and continue to add you our collection. My son is particularily fond of this book. He will pick it up over and over again, occupying a lot of his time. I don't have anything bad to say about this book. Another homerun by Emberley!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ed Emberly's Drawing Book of Weirdos, April 3, 2008
I work with kids so these books are great! My grandmother gave me a whole set of them when I was little and I absolutley loved it! The "how to draw" directions are so easy to follow. Great for almost any age!

Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Weirdos (Ed Emberley Drawing Books)
$7.00